GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Best Mascot of all time

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Best Mascot of all time Empty The Best Mascot of all time Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:19 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Who do you think is the best mascot of all time? I'll start this thread and once we get a few in here I'll create a Poll.

Obvious choices are Sparticat, The old Expos Mascot (Sorry I forgot his name), The Fighting Montagoose, The Capital City Goofball (Simpsons reference I couldn't resist.)

- Unknown Author

2The Best Mascot of all time Empty Re: The Best Mascot of all time Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:21 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

The old Expos mascot is now the Habs mascot. His name is Youpee.

3The Best Mascot of all time Empty Re: The Best Mascot of all time Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:21 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

You forgot Dancing Homer!! Ahhhhh!

4The Best Mascot of all time Empty Re: The Best Mascot of all time Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:22 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ElliottRules wrote:You forgot Dancing Homer!! Ahhhhh!

True but he didn't last very long now did he? :^^^^:

- Unknown Author

5The Best Mascot of all time Empty Re: The Best Mascot of all time Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:22 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yupi! How could you forget?

The best, bar-none, was the San Diego Chicken. Maybe a little before your time?

Spartacat doesn't rank in the top-10, or even top-50.

I'll put Yupi! second (but as a long-time Expos fan I am biased). Philly Phanatic third.

6The Best Mascot of all time Empty Re: The Best Mascot of all time Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:24 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

One of the weirdest/scariests mascots has to be the old Expos mascot. It was a guy in the Expos uniform with a baseball for a head. Kinda like Jack-in-the-box guy from the commercials, but replace the clown head with a baseball. Children would literally burst into tears when he came nearby.

7The Best Mascot of all time Empty Re: The Best Mascot of all time Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:24 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I just think that Spartacat is a clever name is all. I definitely agree he's not a top 10 but I just wanted to get this thing rolling and I don't know a tonne of mascot names.

- Unknown Author

8The Best Mascot of all time Empty Re: The Best Mascot of all time Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry, I take it back about the old Expos mascot. The old Islanders' mascot beats him:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/154086-10-worst-mascots-of-all-time#page/2

9The Best Mascot of all time Empty Re: The Best Mascot of all time Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The b*stards voted Youppi #6 on the worst-10 list. 🇬🇬

10The Best Mascot of all time Empty Re: The Best Mascot of all time Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:26 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Youppi is the best. One of the few things I respect the Habs for is keeping him around after the Expos were Selig-ed.

11The Best Mascot of all time Empty Re: The Best Mascot of all time Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This list confirms my placements of the Philly Phanatic and San Diego Chicken:
http://www.askmen.com/top_10/fitness/28c_fitness_list.html

But they've got Harvey the Hound at #2!!??

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum