GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's time ~~~~~!!!!! P-A-N-I-C !!!!!~~~~~~

+16
beedub
COLLAR UP
rooneypoo
PKC
LethalLehner
dennycrane
Mojo
Acrobat
jamvan
LeCaptain
Sens4thecup
wprager
asq2
beerandsens
PTFlea
Number Twenty Nine
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

beerandsens

Sophomore
Sophomore

hey i just realized my sense of self worth is somewhat tied to the senators success. i'm at an all time low.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:I'm not even sad, it's so depressing I find it funny...

You're just lucky your meds are starting to kick in. Facing this straight is a Wing Dang Doodle.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
You wanna blam *all of that* on Spezza? Get real. It's Emery 2.0. Ray is gone, as are Redden, Meszaros and McGrattan. It made no flipping difference. Maybe it's Spartacat's fault, who knows.

I wish there was another way, but what would you suggest? I love Spezza, but he's the only guy on the entire team with any trade value. What can you say? I'd rather not - in fact, I'm still pretty against it, but what are you gonna do? This team is horrendous. They have been for a calender year - or more - Fisher has a stupid NMC, Heatley is Heatley and he has a NMC, same with Alfie, Phillips has a NTC - which admittedly we can get around if we try. Volchenkov I guess, but other than he and Spezza who is worth a Dung right now trade value wise? Vermette - no. Kelly - no. Every other sad forward plug - no. Kuba - man do I ever want a first for this guy. Picard - pfft whatever. Schubert - hardy har har. Smith - very little value.

You can't trade the whole team - they have no value. Hilarious. I wanna Diddle puke.

So where does that leave you? Right back to Spezza. I hope by some magical bean we can re-build around the three forwards, I want to believe that more than anything, but we have no assets to acquire prospects and picks to acquire a team that has a clue.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

beerandsens wrote:hey i just realized my sense of self worth is somewhat tied to the senators success. i'm at an all time low.

Me too. Although I realized it last year. Funny, eh? At least our self worth isn't tied to heroin or something. At least this is relatively harmless.

504Heater wrote:
wprager wrote:
You wanna blam *all of that* on Spezza? Get real. It's Emery 2.0. Ray is gone, as are Redden, Meszaros and McGrattan. It made no flipping difference. Maybe it's Spartacat's fault, who knows.

I wish there was another way, but what would you suggest? I love Spezza, but he's the only guy on the entire team with any trade value. What can you say? I'd rather not - in fact, I'm still pretty against it, but what are you gonna do? This team is horrendous. They have been for a calender year - or more - Fisher has a stupid NMC, Heatley is Heatley and he has a NMC, same with Alfie, Phillips has a NTC - which admittedly we can get around if we try. Volchenkov I guess, but other than he and Spezza who is worth a Dung right now trade value wise? Vermette - no. Kelly - no. Every other sad forward plug - no. Kuba - man do I ever want a first for this guy. Picard - pfft whatever. Schubert - hardy har har. Smith - very little value.

You can't trade the whole team - they have no value. Hilarious. I wanna Diddle puke.

So where does that leave you? Right back to Spezza. I hope by some magical bean we can re-build around the three forwards, I want to believe that more than anything, but we have no assets to acquire prospects and picks to acquire a team that has a clue.

You kinda see what I have been saying now? Not ever have I placed the blame on the guy for the entire team, not even have a questioned the skill he has. Everything else I do question about him, his will to win, his will to get better, his overall attitude, but how long do you wait?

52 mil pay roll for a last place team? WOW, not a good thing. You can say this team is Tampa 2.0, but at least Tampa has a cup to show for it. KABOOOOOOOOOOM. Thats the sound of the blowup coming in 2009, haha.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
wprager wrote:

Spezza is the youngest player who could possibly qualify as franchise on the team, and a centre to boot.

Dealing him now would be stupid. Even if he is the problem, the last thing I want is to deal Spezza for, say, Horcoff + some crap and end up sneaking into the playoffs, left with neither Spezza nor a top pick.

Unless you're certain you'll suck the rest of the season, deal him at the draft if you want to deal him.

EDIT: It appears I've double posted, but I'm not sure how to delete the post. Here's a opportunity to validate giving out mod powers. Razz

Last edited by asq2 on Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

asq2 wrote:
504Heater wrote:
wprager wrote:

Spezza is the youngest player who could possibly qualify as franchise on the team, and a centre to boot.

Dealing him now would be stupid. Even if he is the problem, the last thing I want is to deal Spezza for, say, Horcoff + some crap and end up sneaking into the playoffs, left with neither Spezza nor a top pick.

Unless you're certain you'll suck the rest of the season, deal him at the draft if you want to deal him.

EDIT: It appears I've double posted, but I'm not sure how to delete the post. Here's a opportunity to validate giving out mod powers. Razz

In all seriousness, where as Spezza shown he is a franchise player? In what way is he comparable to M. Richards, Lecailvier, Corsby, Ovechkin, Luongo, Iginla, Weber.... He isnt in their league. Spezza is a 1st line center, not a franchise player, its about time you start to realize that.

Go ahead and give me the point per game guy response and he is getting bettr BS. He isnt getting better, he is actually getting worse.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Holy crap, you guys sound like spoiled brats! Not to be rude, but come on; what the F do you expect. Have you seen the crop of so-called talent on this team. I knew it was a rebuilding year from the get go. It's time to take off the rose coloured glasses and start to see the small wins, cause the game wins are going to be far and few between.

Just waych, it's only a matter of time before the media here starts another goalie controversy. Did anyone really expect Auld to play on his head all season long? Seriously, it's time to go back to Gerber and at least try get our monies worth.

Stop with the F'ing armchair GM'ing, cause there is no blockbuster trades happening this year. There's no 1 trade that can turn a team around, it's up to what's in the room now and there's no belief there, so get used to this kind of outcome.

I like all you guys here, but it's time to face reality. There's no trade conspiracy happening. Murray can't move anythign he has for anythign better, so forget that...we are officially in rebuilding mode.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:

Horcoff's good. Horcoff with Heatley's pretty slick in all honesty.

But yes, your point is valid, I wouldn't want to trade Spezza. I love him. Draft day we'll see what happens....

jamvan wrote:Holy crap, you guys sound like spoiled brats! Not to be rude, but come on; what the F do you expect. Have you seen the crop of so-called talent on this team. I knew it was a rebuilding year from the get go. It's time to take off the rose coloured glasses and start to see the small wins, cause the game wins are going to be far and few between.

Just waych, it's only a matter of time before the media here starts another goalie controversy. Did anyone really expect Auld to play on his head all season long? Seriously, it's time to go back to Gerber and at least try get our monies worth.

Stop with the F'ing armchair GM'ing, cause there is no blockbuster trades happening this year. There's no 1 trade that can turn a team around, it's up to what's in the room now and there's no belief there, so get used to this kind of outcome.

I like all you guys here, but it's time to face reality. There's no trade conspiracy happening. Murray can't move anythign he has for anythign better, so forget that...we are officially in rebuilding mode.

I don't know who specifically that's directed at, but several of us have known this for awhile. Like pre-season.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock34 wrote:
jamvan wrote:Holy crap, you guys sound like spoiled brats! Not to be rude, but come on; what the F do you expect. Have you seen the crop of so-called talent on this team. I knew it was a rebuilding year from the get go. It's time to take off the rose coloured glasses and start to see the small wins, cause the game wins are going to be far and few between.

I don't know who specifically that's directed at, but several of us have known this for awhile. Like pre-season.
It's only directed at those who have false hope for this team right now.

Will I stop cheering for them? F! No! But to think that a trade or a move is going to miraculously save them is naive. That's basically what I meant man!

Ill be honest, going into the year, I didnt think it would be a full out, blow up and rebuild year, but it has turned out that way.

I agree with everything you just said there, but there is a move coming but it wont be to improve the team in the short term.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:

Ill be honest, going into the year, I didnt think it would be a full out, blow up and rebuild year, but it has turned out that way.

I agree with everything you just said there, but there is a move coming but it wont be to improve the team in the short term.
You don't think Murray has tried to make a move? Who is tradeable at this point? You aren't going to get face value for Vermette at this point. If you trade any of the big 3, then you'r ein for years of rebuilding, caus eyou aren't going to get a good return on any of them.

Here's my view! Tell me what you think. We will fight it out this season and finish somewhere around .500 and then it will be up to Murray to coax guys to come here and play for a discount, cause lets be honest, the economy isn't helping the Spezza, Fisher and Heatley signings at all. The cap isn't going to rise, so where does that leave us?

At least we'll gain $4+ million in Neil and Gerber. I love NEil as a human being, but he is purely useless out there. The kne injuries hav erendered him absolutely (once again) useless!!!

jamvan wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:

It's only directed at those who have false hope for this team right now.

Will I stop cheering for them? F! No! But to think that a trade or a move is going to miraculously save them is naive. That's basically what I meant man!

Agreed. I'm against getting Bouwmeester now, unless we ship a big salary their way and get Horton. Anything else is just a fool's dream into thinking this season is salvagable, which it isn't.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:
Go ahead and give me the point per game guy response and he is getting bettr BS. He isnt getting better, he is actually getting worse.

You wanna know what really sucks? Alfie's getting worse too.

504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

Yeah, well at 35 and leading this team for 10 years, and STILL being the teams best player, im inclinded to give the guy a break.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

Hey! Alfie gives his all, but this team has no character or game plan right now. The media has killed them and I'm quickly starting to think we should have kept Chiarelli and let Mr. Murray go.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:
504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

Yeah, well at 35 and leading this team for 10 years, and STILL being the teams best player, im inclinded to give the guy a break.
KUDOS!!! Me as well. In no way is this demise his fault. This has management ad the league written all over it.

We are unfortunatley the Montreal Expos of the NHL. The cap has destroyed all the work this organization had done before.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum