GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's time ~~~~~!!!!! P-A-N-I-C !!!!!~~~~~~

+16
beedub
COLLAR UP
rooneypoo
PKC
LethalLehner
dennycrane
Mojo
Acrobat
jamvan
LeCaptain
Sens4thecup
wprager
asq2
beerandsens
PTFlea
Number Twenty Nine
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 10]

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Tukker wrote:Nazem Kadri? come on!

Ottawa would be a good fit for him considering our Lebanese population.

Doesn't change the fact that Hedman and MSP look like far superior players, though. :D

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

I still think this team will make the playoffs.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Tukker wrote:it's fully possible that the 15th team in the West will finish better than the 9th team in the East Razz

:lol!:

That's true, although LA's pretty bad.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:I still think this team will make the playoffs.

I think they can, but given my love of the top prospects in this draft/my knowledge that we'd be torched by the Bruins, I'd almost rather not.

EDIT: A lot of it depends on whether Auld/Gerber holds up.

Last edited by asq2 on Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total

asq2 wrote:
Tukker wrote:it's fully possible that the 15th team in the West will finish better than the 9th team in the East Razz

I believe LA would beat Ottawa. Knowing our luck, Eksberg looks like a vezina candidate.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Tukker wrote:
asq2 wrote:

I believe LA would beat Ottawa. Knowing our luck, Eksberg looks like a vezina candidate.

Is he the back-up, or is Labarbera? Because we usually face back-ups, which we then turn into Vezina candidates.

EDIT: Hell, if Johnson had gotten injured last game, we would have probably earned Brett " 'net to nets" Leonhardt some votes for the award.

asq2 wrote:
Tukker wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Is he the back-up, or is Labarbera? Because we usually face back-ups, which we then turn into Vezina candidates.

EDIT: Hell, if Johnson had gotten injured last game, we would have probably earned Brett " 'net to nets" Leonhardt some votes for the award.
does LA have an NHL caliber goalie?

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Tukker wrote:
asq2 wrote:
Tukker wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Irrelevant, as far as our offence is concerned.

Bernier should be a pretty darn good one though.

asq2 wrote:
Tukker wrote:
asq2 wrote:
Tukker wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Irrelevant, as far as our offence is concerned.

Bernier should be a pretty darn good one though.
Goalie prospects are hard to predict, so nothing is final.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Tukker wrote:Goalie prospects are hard to predict, so nothing is final.

Certainly, but I think he's one of the better ones out there along with Rask.

asq2 wrote:

Raask im sold on already, bernier is still a huge "?" in my mind

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

I might be wearing those rose colored glasses Neely was talking about 8) , but I can't shake the idea that our team could just "get it" one day and that a player or two coming out of their offensive slumps will significantly improve our position in the standings.

beerandsens wrote:I might be wearing those rose colored glasses Neely was talking about 8) , but I can't shake the idea that our team could just "get it" one day and that a player or two coming out of their offensive slumps will significantly improve our position in the standings.

How much though? Battling droughts and inconsistent play just to finish 9th is not good. Our chances at anything more than 4th in the conference are already all but eliminated with the way Boston is playing. We are something like 14 points behind already.

If we are going to suck...do it right and suck hard enough to land a blue chipper like Hedman, Cowen, Tavares, etc in the draft. How hard did we as Sens fans laugh at the Leafs for battling there way into 9th place a couple of seasons ago?

I guarantee that won't look so funny when that shoe is on our foot, and we miss out on a blue chipper because of it.

Tukker wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Raask im sold on already, bernier is still a huge "?" in my mind

He's (Bernier) solid. The defense that he played behind early last season before being dispatched back to junior was significantly worse than this season's. They've since added Doughty and Quincey has been a really nice addition. He'll be in LA full time next year, I'd bet money on it.

Rask on the other hand, is an unfortunate victim of the numbers game in Boston. I think he will be the backup come March, if not sooner, when Boston trades one of Fernandez or Thomas.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock34 wrote:
beerandsens wrote:I might be wearing those rose colored glasses Neely was talking about 8) , but I can't shake the idea that our team could just "get it" one day and that a player or two coming out of their offensive slumps will significantly improve our position in the standings.

How much though? Battling droughts and inconsistent play just to finish 9th is not good. Our chances at anything more than 4th in the conference are already all but eliminated with the way Boston is playing. We are something like 14 points behind already.

If we are going to suck...do it right and suck hard enough to land a blue chipper like Hedman, Cowen, Tavares, etc in the draft. How hard did we as Sens fans laugh at the Leafs for battling there way into 9th place a couple of seasons ago?

I guarantee that won't look so funny when that shoe is on our foot, and we miss out on a blue chipper because of it.

Fortunately, Heatley and Spezza are very valuable assets (still), better than anyone the Leafs had.

I don't want to add anything to the current roster unless it's a younger player acquired via trade of an older one.

But I'm content to sit back and watch this team lose.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

I don't disagree, but that's a fan perspective. I don't think hockey players decide to tank it and get a high pick rather than finish 9th.

With that in mind I figure the Sens will make a push for the playoffs (unless there is a significant roster change). The east is so tight they could finish 7th-12th (just an example) depending on a couple of individual hot streaks or cold stretches. That was pretty much my point, that I still like this team on paper more than I've liked them on the ice so far this season.

They're either underproducing for their talent level and due for more production, or this is how it's going to be all year (no I don't think this is news to anyone).

My home team bias will have me hanging on to the hope that they have more to give. I did the same thing last year in the playoffs and I was very wrong. Actually, I'm still not over it. It's my biggest weakness in judging our hockey team. I probably remember players for who they were, and not who they are right now.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

beerandsens wrote:

I don't disagree, but that's a fan perspective. I don't think hockey players decide to tank it and get a high pick rather than finish 9th.

With that in mind I figure the Sens will make a push for the playoffs (unless there is a significant roster change). The east is so tight they could finish 7th-12th (just an example) depending on a couple of individual hot streaks or cold stretches. That was pretty much my point, that I still like this team on paper more than I've liked them on the ice so far this season.

They're either underproducing for their talent level and due for more production, or this is how it's going to be all year (no I don't think this is news to anyone).

My home team bias will have me hanging on to the hope that they have more to give. I did the same thing last year in the playoffs and I was very wrong. Actually, I'm still not over it. It's my biggest weakness in judging our hockey team. I probably remember players for who they were, and not who they are right now.

Finish 8th and we'll get pummelled. Finish 7th and we're still probably one and done.

I'd rather get a nice draft pick.

asq2 wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:

Fortunately, Heatley and Spezza are very valuable assets (still), better than anyone the Leafs had.

I don't want to add anything to the current roster unless it's a younger player acquired via trade of an older one.

But I'm content to sit back and watch this team lose.

Agreed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum