GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Foligno's time

+3
smash88
PKC
PTFlea
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Foligno's time Empty Foligno's time Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

After a slightly failed experiment putting Jarkko Ruutu with Spezza and Heatley, Hartsburg said this morning that he will try Foligno there.

I agree with this, it should be either Winchester or Foligno on line one - and it should probably stay that way through the good and the bad times.

Unfortunately Hartsburg said that he has no issues juggling the lines midway through a period or a game, whereas I would rather he just put a line together and stick with it.

Still....good news for Foligno!!

2Foligno's time Empty Re: Foligno's time Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:32 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Foligno's a smart kid, and he's still obviously adjusting to the NHL game. With time he'll become more consistent and permanently establish himself in the top 6. I feel the same way about Winchester, I think its just a matter of time before he starts producing points at a consistent rate (I already predicted by the 20 game mark).

Hopefully one or the other can play well enough to make Hartsburg's choice to move them down a really hard one.

3Foligno's time Empty Re: Foligno's time Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:32 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:After a slightly failed experiment putting Jarkko Ruutu with Spezza and Heatley, Hartsburg said this morning that he will try Foligno there.

I agree with this, it should be either Winchester or Foligno on line one - and it should probably stay that way through the good and the bad times.

Unfortunately Hartsburg said that he has no issues juggling the lines midway through a period or a game, whereas I would rather he just put a line together and stick with it.

Still....good news for Foligno!!

Hopefully, this one works! I really hope so!

4Foligno's time Empty Re: Foligno's time Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:37 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

This is what I've been hoping for all year. The guys is a horse. He needs a nickname, fast. We've got Chris "Big Rig" Phillips, Anton "The Russian Bear" Volchenkov....

Nick "The Bull" Foligno?

Will Winnie stay top 6? He definitely deserves to.

5Foligno's time Empty Re: Foligno's time Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:39 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have a feeling Foligno will flourish on the top line.
He's not purposely flashy, but he seems to have a pretty good hockey IQ and I predict he will be able to read and feed off Spezza and Heatley's plays and could start and create some great chances.

6Foligno's time Empty Re: Foligno's time Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:41 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:This is what I've been hoping for all year. The guys is a horse. He needs a nickname, fast. We've got Chris "Big Rig" Phillips, Anton "The Russian Bear" Volchenkov....

Nick "The Bull" Foligno?

Will Winnie stay top 6? He definitely deserves to.

I don't know? As you said, he definitely deserves to be a top 6 IMHO, but with Alfie returning and Fisher in, where would he fit?
Unless Kelly and Vermette make up two-third's of the 3rd line, then he could...
Although, a third line of Winnie, Kelly, and Ruutu could be fun!

7Foligno's time Empty Re: Foligno's time Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Agreed! Winchester and Foligno can no longer leave the top 6 IMHO.

And I like The Bull a lot. He is a franking bull - so is Winchester.

I think if it works, he pots 28 goals this year and if he goes down to the 2nd line, he still pots 20.

8Foligno's time Empty Re: Foligno's time Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:01 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Very reasonable predictions dude.
I just hope Vermette breaks out and pots about 25-30! Between him and Fisher, I want them to totally silence the critics this year, once and for all!!

Foligno and Winnie will keep the fans chanting and standing, mark my words!

9Foligno's time Empty Re: Foligno's time Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:05 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:Very reasonable predictions dude.
I just hope Vermette breaks out and pots about 25-30! Between him and Fisher, I want them to totally silence the critics this year, once and for all!!

Foligno and Winnie will keep the fans chanting and standing, mark my words!

Once we have everyone healthy it will be interesting to see who goes where, because we could have a pretty decent line-up if all of our bodies are healthy

10Foligno's time Empty Re: Foligno's time Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:17 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'm thinking...

Foligno-Spezza-Heatley
Winchester-Vermette/Fisher/Kelly-Alfredsson
Kelly/Vermette-Fisher/Vermette-Neil
Ruutu-McAmmond/Bass-Donovan

11Foligno's time Empty Re: Foligno's time Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:27 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

No only if we could figure out that goalie problem...

12Foligno's time Empty Re: Foligno's time Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:28 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:No only if we could figure out that goalie problem...

Amen dude...
But I'm trying to give Gerbs the benefit of the doubt, so perhaps he can put all of our minds at ease in the 2 games or more.
Back-to-back games always make me nervous... Hopefully we can get at least 2 points...

13Foligno's time Empty Re: Foligno's time Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:41 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Foligno is a beast this year!

14Foligno's time Empty Re: Foligno's time Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:42 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Toskala!!!! Please!!! A Gerber for Toskala trade will help us out, as well as the Leafs by solidifying them a #1 overall pick :D

15Foligno's time Empty Re: Foligno's time Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:44 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:Toskala!!!! Please!!! A Gerber for Toskala trade will help us out, as well as the Leafs by solidifying them a #1 overall pick :D

As much as I'd love to see it happen, it just can't.. I don't think! LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum