GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Foligno's time

+3
smash88
PKC
PTFlea
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Foligno's time - Page 2 Empty Re: Foligno's time Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:41 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

Foligno is a beast this year!

17Foligno's time - Page 2 Empty Re: Foligno's time Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:42 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Toskala!!!! Please!!! A Gerber for Toskala trade will help us out, as well as the Leafs by solidifying them a #1 overall pick :D

18Foligno's time - Page 2 Empty Re: Foligno's time Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:44 pm

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:Toskala!!!! Please!!! A Gerber for Toskala trade will help us out, as well as the Leafs by solidifying them a #1 overall pick :D

As much as I'd love to see it happen, it just can't.. I don't think! LOL

19Foligno's time - Page 2 Empty Re: Foligno's time Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:47 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Check out the armchair GM forum for my proposal. More importantly tell Murray and Fletcher about it.

20Foligno's time - Page 2 Empty Re: Foligno's time Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:49 pm

Hopefully Spezza will turn it around with some new blood up there, because him and Heatley, when Alfi is out, arnt anything special. 14.5 mil average cap hit and they need a 3rd player to make them better?? Its not the way it should be...

The year is young, and Spezza is goingt to have to step it up and so is Gerber, the only difference is we arnt stuck with Gerber after this year, a choice on Spezza will have to be made before June if this is the guy to carry us forward. What Spezza has given us so far this year in unacceptable, and Gerber has been awful. Time to split Spezza and Heatley up, because we know what Heatley can do on his own, but we have no idea if Spezza can actually be the man here, none, he has shown he can put up points with Heatley and Alfi, thats it. Time to make the players around him better, not the other players making him better. I believe in the guy the guys tallent, without a doubt, his heart and attitude, well, a lot left to be determined.

Elliott will be here by the end of nov, begining of dec. Just a prediction, because Gerber clearly has a lack of focus and cant stay mentally strong when it counts.

21Foligno's time - Page 2 Empty Re: Foligno's time Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree with 99% of what you wrote Neely, but I wouldn't excuse Heatley for his performance against Detroit.

Bottom line: Datsyuk and Zetterberg are well entrenched in a system and are ferocious back-checkers. I think both Spezza and Heatley can be as good as they are at every aspect of the game - but they need to tune out fans and media as much as possible and concentrate on what Hartsburg tells them.

I agree though, with 14.5 million between the two, when they go head to head against powerful opponent's, they need to bring it a little harder (I'm still surprised at Heatley's performance considering he was just presented the C for that game).

If you identify Detroit clogging up the neutral zone, dump the puck in and smoke their D. Lidstrom didn't get him once I don't think - and little Rafalski must have thought this was hockey's equivalent to heaven. He wasn't being molested at all - there was time and space for him to spring out attack after attack....*barf*.

22Foligno's time - Page 2 Empty Re: Foligno's time Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:21 pm

504Heater wrote:I agree with 99% of what you wrote Neely, but I wouldn't excuse Heatley for his performance against Detroit.

Bottom line: Datsyuk and Zetterberg are well entrenched in a system and are ferocious back-checkers. I think both Spezza and Heatley can be as good as they are at every aspect of the game - but they need to tune out fans and media as much as possible and concentrate on what Hartsburg tells them.

I agree though, with 14.5 million between the two, when they go head to head against powerful opponent's, they need to bring it a little harder (I'm still surprised at Heatley's performance considering he was just presented the C for that game).

If you identify Detroit clogging up the neutral zone, dump the puck in and smoke their D. Lidstrom didn't get him once I don't think - and little Rafalski must have thought this was hockey's equivalent to heaven. He wasn't being molested at all - there was time and space for him to spring out attack after attack....*barf*.

I noticed that too.... Ruutu Neil and the bangers have to be held accountable for that too. Not a lot of players were good Saturday. Part can be based on the fact Detroit was good but you can control your effort level and that was not good.

23Foligno's time - Page 2 Empty Re: Foligno's time Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:37 pm

504Heater wrote:I agree with 99% of what you wrote Neely, but I wouldn't excuse Heatley for his performance against Detroit.

I agree with the fact that Detroit is a monster, and it was easy for the top line to look bad, but it goes beyond that. Last year when Alfi was out, it was the same thing, be it Detroit, Toronto, or the Islanders, didnt matter, Alfi is out, Spezza and Heatley struggle, exspecially Spezza. HEatley has shown when Spezza is out he can carry a team, Spezza, no matter how many points he has put up, has not proven he can carry a team or be the go to guy on the bench. He has 79 games to show he can be the man here. And personally I'm glad Alfi is out for a bit, lets see what Spezza is made of, and lets see if Heatley when he is away from Spezza is as good as everyone believes he is, look no further then the WC's this year.

24Foligno's time - Page 2 Empty Re: Foligno's time Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:12 pm

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

foligno's time on the first line might not even last until their next game - alfie might be in the line up against phoenix - as per tsn

25Foligno's time - Page 2 Empty Re: Foligno's time Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:24 pm

Hayden wrote:foligno's time on the first line might not even last until their next game - alfie might be in the line up against phoenix - as per tsn

He should still be up there even if Alfi is back on Friday, he deserves 1st line minutes and has been one of the best players the last 3 games and in the playoffs last year, what does it take for this kid to get a real shot here.

26Foligno's time - Page 2 Empty Re: Foligno's time Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree to be honest. This is a non-issue if we didn't have a week, but the performance of the top 2 guys was very poor.

I wouldn't be upset to see:

Foligno - Fisher - Heatley
Winchester - Spezza - Alfredsson

at least try this if things aren't working. Foligno and Winchester are very high talents, get them used to playing big minutes in key situations with the core of your team.

27Foligno's time - Page 2 Empty Re: Foligno's time Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:37 pm

504Heater wrote:I agree to be honest. This is a non-issue if we didn't have a week, but the performance of the top 2 guys was very poor.

I wouldn't be upset to see:

Foligno - Fisher - Heatley
Winchester - Spezza - Alfredsson

at least try this if things aren't working. Foligno and Winchester are very high talents, get them used to playing big minutes in key situations with the core of your team.

Something like that, ya. Id like to see Spezza with Foligno and Winchester honestly, lets see how good Spezza really is, thats my opinion. Now is the time to put him to the test. Im sick of this guy getting babied, as tallented as he is.

28Foligno's time - Page 2 Empty Re: Foligno's time Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:54 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

That's an interesting idea, can't hurt to see what they can do, would also make Spezza work harder on his all around game if he wants to move back up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum