GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's time ~~~~~!!!!! P-A-N-I-C !!!!!~~~~~~

+16
beedub
COLLAR UP
rooneypoo
PKC
LethalLehner
dennycrane
Mojo
Acrobat
jamvan
LeCaptain
Sens4thecup
wprager
asq2
beerandsens
PTFlea
Number Twenty Nine
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 10]

504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Go ahead and give me the point per game guy response and he is getting bettr BS. He isnt getting better, he is actually getting worse.

You wanna know what really sucks? Alfie's getting worse too.

Yeah, well at 35 and leading this team for 10 years, and STILL being the teams best player, im inclinded to give the guy a break.

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Go ahead and give me the point per game guy response and he is getting bettr BS. He isnt getting better, he is actually getting worse.

Hey! Alfie gives his all, but this team has no character or game plan right now. The media has killed them and I'm quickly starting to think we should have kept Chiarelli and let Mr. Murray go.

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

Neely4Life wrote:
504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

Yeah, well at 35 and leading this team for 10 years, and STILL being the teams best player, im inclinded to give the guy a break.
KUDOS!!! Me as well. In no way is this demise his fault. This has management ad the league written all over it.

We are unfortunatley the Montreal Expos of the NHL. The cap has destroyed all the work this organization had done before.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:

Give him a break all you want, doesn't change the fact.

jamvan wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
jamvan wrote:Holy crap, you guys sound like spoiled brats! Not to be rude, but come on; what the F do you expect. Have you seen the crop of so-called talent on this team. I knew it was a rebuilding year from the get go. It's time to take off the rose coloured glasses and start to see the small wins, cause the game wins are going to be far and few between.

Just waych, it's only a matter of time before the media here starts another goalie controversy. Did anyone really expect Auld to play on his head all season long? Seriously, it's time to go back to Gerber and at least try get our monies worth.

Stop with the F'ing armchair GM'ing, cause there is no blockbuster trades happening this year. There's no 1 trade that can turn a team around, it's up to what's in the room now and there's no belief there, so get used to this kind of outcome.

I like all you guys here, but it's time to face reality. There's no trade conspiracy happening. Murray can't move anythign he has for anythign better, so forget that...we are officially in rebuilding mode.

Ill be honest, going into the year, I didnt think it would be a full out, blow up and rebuild year, but it has turned out that way.

I agree with everything you just said there, but there is a move coming but it wont be to improve the team in the short term.
You don't think Murray has tried to make a move? Who is tradeable at this point? You aren't going to get face value for Vermette at this point. If you trade any of the big 3, then you'r ein for years of rebuilding, caus eyou aren't going to get a good return on any of them.

Here's my view! Tell me what you think. We will fight it out this season and finish somewhere around .500 and then it will be up to Murray to coax guys to come here and play for a discount, cause lets be honest, the economy isn't helping the Spezza, Fisher and Heatley signings at all. The cap isn't going to rise, so where does that leave us?

At least we'll gain $4+ million in Neil and Gerber. I love NEil as a human being, but he is purely useless out there. The kne injuries hav erendered him absolutely (once again) useless!!!

I think you are bang on, but I think Murray may start to move some guys for pics, or even a big move, Thoronton-esk if you want to say, just to move on and look towards the rebuild.

Im on the exact same page as you, Murray's hands are tied, everything you said I reflect to the T, but I still think a move is coming. What move? No clue.

jamvan wrote:
504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

Hey! Alfie gives his all, but this team has no character or game plan right now. The media has killed them and I'm quickly starting to think we should have kept Chiarelli and let Mr. Murray go.

Some of this must fall on Murray and it certainly will. I'm a huge fan of what he's accomplished in other franchises, and I like what he's done to improve Bingo, but for the Sens as GM, there isn't much to be excited about. I definitely give him props for Auld, Ruutu and Winchester though.

504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

Give him a break all you want, doesn't change the fact.

Nope, it doesnt. But he isnt signed at 7 million a year for the next 6 with a NTC on a last place team....

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:KUDOS!!! Me as well. In no way is this demise his fault. This has management ad the league written all over it.

We are unfortunatley the Montreal Expos of the NHL. The cap has destroyed all the work this organization had done before.

I'm not saying the demise is his fault, he's probably the best player on the Sens. I'm just saying, you crap on Spezza and Heatley, it's time to give Alfie a little face time. He needs to be lighting it up right now. That's what being 'the man' is all about.

I'm still confident he will, I'm just gently suggesting that he's been under-performing as well.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My goodness, the Christmas tree in Times Square was lit up tonight - and his name was Lundqvist. affraid

504Heater wrote:
jamvan wrote:KUDOS!!! Me as well. In no way is this demise his fault. This has management ad the league written all over it.

I'm not saying the demise is his fault, he's probably the best player on the Sens. I'm just saying, you crap on Spezza and Heatley, it's time to give Alfie a little face time. He needs to be lighting it up right now. That's what being 'the man' is all about.

I'm still confident he will, I'm just gently suggesting that he's been under-performing as well.

Alfi isnt without fault, but until he stops putting the effort in, stops back checking, stops killing penalties, he will get the benifit of the doubt. Alfi still puts 110% in every game. But he has his share of the blame too, he is the captain and his team is playing like trash.

504Heater wrote:My goodness, the Christmas tree in Times Square was lit up tonight - and his name was Lundqvist. affraid

That game was unreal. seconds after coming back from 5-1 down to tie it, NJ scores to take the lead and never look back.

so many huge offensive nights....and not one to be found in a sens jersey :x

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Pfft. Now the Yankees sign Burnett. Yay...things are going great today for me and the sports world. :x

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

De Rosario to TFC. :D

If you care, that is.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

jamvan wrote:Holy crap, you guys sound like spoiled brats! Not to be rude, but come on; what the F do you expect. Have you seen the crop of so-called talent on this team. I knew it was a rebuilding year from the get go. It's time to take off the rose coloured glasses and start to see the small wins, cause the game wins are going to be far and few between.

Just waych, it's only a matter of time before the media here starts another goalie controversy. Did anyone really expect Auld to play on his head all season long? Seriously, it's time to go back to Gerber and at least try get our monies worth.

Stop with the F'ing armchair GM'ing, cause there is no blockbuster trades happening this year. There's no 1 trade that can turn a team around, it's up to what's in the room now and there's no belief there, so get used to this kind of outcome.

I like all you guys here, but it's time to face reality. There's no trade conspiracy happening. Murray can't move anythign he has for anythign better, so forget that...we are officially in rebuilding mode.

Painful to hear, but true nonetheless.

Few of the players have value, given the current performance. Maybe at deadline, Vermette will, but he's probably someone that we want to hang on to for the future. That's it.

Lots of money available for next year, fewer teams to compete with due to the lower cap, and poor planning on their part, and a decent draft position.

But F***, it hurts to see our team play worse than Toronto.

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Does anyone know how to effectively repress memories, cause the last two years are starting to take their toll on me Wink

By the way on a more bizarre note, did anyone hear about the Russian guy who is trying to patent the emoticon Wink What a crazy world!

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

The Sens have been awful in the 2008 calendar year. Here are the biggest mistakes I've seen in 2008:

1. Moving out ALL of Corvo, Redden, and Meszaros. You need around 150 points from your defence to make it to the playoffs. While all three underperformed, their absence is noticeable this year. As much as people like to bash Redden, I don't think it is much of a coincedence that the team made the playoffs for 11 years, every year that Redden played with Ottawa.
2. Resigning Chris Kelly. Without Kelly, your top 4 centers would be Spezza, Fisher, Vermette, McAmmond. B. Murray should have saved the money on Kelly and put that towards a winger. Chris Kelly is an average NHL player being paid an above-average NHL salary.
3. Bryan Murray not making a trade earlier in this season. It is glaringly obvious that this core group of players is not playing well together. Alfie and Heatley are untouchable, but the core needs to be shaken. Trading Neil for a draft pick might be enough, and I think that would send a strong enough message.
4. Related to point 1, we all knew that only one of Meszaros and Vermette were going to stay. Even though B. Murray got the better of the deal with Tampa, we might have been better to hold on to Meszaros and let Vermette go.

Other points:
- Does anyone remember when this team was fast?
- Has Alex Auld snapped out of it and remembered that he is Alex Auld?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:
wprager wrote:
You wanna blam *all of that* on Spezza? Get real. It's Emery 2.0. Ray is gone, as are Redden, Meszaros and McGrattan. It made no flipping difference. Maybe it's Spartacat's fault, who knows.

I wish there was another way, but what would you suggest? I love Spezza, but he's the only guy on the entire team with any trade value. What can you say? I'd rather not - in fact, I'm still pretty against it, but what are you gonna do? This team is horrendous. They have been for a calender year - or more - Fisher has a stupid NMC, Heatley is Heatley and he has a NMC, same with Alfie, Phillips has a NTC - which admittedly we can get around if we try. Volchenkov I guess, but other than he and Spezza who is worth a Dung right now trade value wise? Vermette - no. Kelly - no. Every other sad forward plug - no. Kuba - man do I ever want a first for this guy. Picard - pfft whatever. Schubert - hardy har har. Smith - very little value.

You can't trade the whole team - they have no value. Hilarious. I wanna Diddle puke.

So where does that leave you? Right back to Spezza. I hope by some magical bean we can re-build around the three forwards, I want to believe that more than anything, but we have no assets to acquire prospects and picks to acquire a team that has a clue.

Actually I'm no-longer completely against trading Spezza -- he does, as you say, hav trade value and he doesn't, like the other big guns, have a NTC/NMC. All I said was that you can't blame all the ills on one player like we had already done last year. And if you follow that logic then trading away Spezza will not automagically fix this team; but it would send a strong message and it could get us a few parts to rebuild with. Personally, I'd say trad him for picks sp we have ammo for the rebuilding phase and cap room to boot.

That said, I would prefer that we had a coach who would light a fire under his a** and trade the likes of Vermette, Kelly, Schubert, Neil etc. Remember, Spezza has neither been sat out, nor moved off the top line. Why hasn't that been done? Look over at what Carbo has done, with Kostitsyn this yeat anf Kovaleve two years ago (that may have been Gainey). Blake in Toronto -- he may not be Spezza but he is their highest paid forward. Lecavalie probably got benched by Torts a few times early on.

I don't want to blame this on the coach, but there are moves that have not been tried and I'd like to see those before a trade. Hell, move Heatley to centre, Fish to wing, Spezza to the 2nd line (centered by Vermette). Then we can talk about puck possession. POssession is nine-tenths of winning faceoffs, isn't it?

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock34 wrote:
jamvan wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:

I don't know who specifically that's directed at, but several of us have known this for awhile. Like pre-season.
It's only directed at those who have false hope for this team right now.

Will I stop cheering for them? F! No! But to think that a trade or a move is going to miraculously save them is naive. That's basically what I meant man!

Agreed. I'm against getting Bouwmeester now, unless we ship a big salary their way and get Horton. Anything else is just a fool's dream into thinking this season is salvagable, which it isn't.

I believe we could get Gretzky himself (in his hayday) and the apathy borg on this team would infect him.... this team just does not give a sh!t everyday for 60 minutes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum