GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

DAY #15: Sens @ Predators - 8:00pm - Tuesday Nov. 10 2015

+7
spader
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
Ev
PTFlea
tim1_2
wprager
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Who would we be parting with a first for?

What about the former NHL D-men we have in Bingo -- Kostka (RHS) and Fraser (LHS).  

Biggest thing that stands in the way of a trade is the current roster.  We have 7 D (plus Chris "I'm not dead yet; I'm feeling better; I think I'll go for a walk" Phillips) with a few more pushing for a spot.  It's one thing to say we can upgrade Cowen or Weircioch, but who would take either one?  With Cowen, his contract would make him hard to move to a team that's looking to shed cap space.  Weircioch is not really that far behind.  Any many-for-one deal we've been contemplating is not going to include either of them.  So that leaves Borowiecki and Wideman.  

Wideman+Borowiecki plus forward prospect (Prince or Puempel) for Scandella.  Bring up Kostka as the RHS on the third pairing.  Throw in a pick if that's not enough.

Karlsson-Methot
Ceci-Scandella
Kostka-Cowen/Weircioch

Cap-wise this clears $2.6M for Minny and reduces the roster log jams by 1 up front and on the back-end for the Sens.  

Nah to all this.

Wiercioch can be moved easily.  I'm sure there's a few teams that would take him.

Cowen is a CAP HIT of 3.1 million (real money 4.5), so a contender might look at him if we eat an expiring contract.  

I doubt they move Cowen*, it's Wiercioch that's just sucking the life out of the lineup right now as a 'top 4' and frankly he's killing Ceci.

Boro is the perfect number 6 guy and Methot/Karlsson are obviously good to go.

It's the Wiercioch position that has to change, it's just not good enough.

*unless Murray steps down, then it's game on.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Mendes is saying Karlsson is probably not 100%

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Blow it up?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, he's more like 110%. Of his weight. As in he's fat. #FatKarlsson.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So Kosta and Claesson then. I don't really care what is tried on D as long as they try something. The status quo isn't going to get us very far.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeCaptain wrote:Mendes is saying Karlsson is probably not 100%

You can tell, he's slow skating up the ice, it's not his usual way of moving the puck. It's not all being out of shape, but that contributes I think.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:So Kosta and Claesson then.  I don't really care what is tried on D as long as they try something.  The status quo isn't going to get us very far.

So we're gonna carry 10 D-men?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Honestly, if Weir or Boro were waived I'm not sure either one would get claimed. But since both are on one-ways they're not going to do that.

What we need is a good old-fashioned injury.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Honestly, if Weir or Boro were waived I'm not sure either one would get claimed.  But since both are on  one-ways they're not going to do that.

Wrong. They'd both be claimed. Especially Boro, who's a fantastic #6 warrior.

People shouldn't be blaming Boro, it's Wiercioch who isn't a top 4 defender, although he duped everyone into thinking he was.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:

You can tell, he's slow skating up the ice, it's not his usual way of moving the puck.  It's not all being out of shape, but that contributes I think.
Speculation if you ask me. There doesn't seem to be anything specifically wrong with him. Which leads me to wonder if he just didn't train the right way this summer. The way he was outplayed by jossi yesterday is error of judgement, apart from that his speed isn't exactly the same or he just can't maintain it.
I'd be very surprised to learn there's an injury concern.in his case people like making excuses.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:Honestly, if Weir or Boro were waived I'm not sure either one would get claimed.  But since both are on  one-ways they're not going to do that.

Wrong.  They'd both be claimed.  Especially Boro, who's a fantastic #6 warrior.

People shouldn't be blaming Boro, it's Wiercioch who isn't a top 4 defender, although he duped everyone into thinking he was.
I agree both would be claimed but both would be playing bottom 6 on a team. Boro isn't playing his fit side and that shows. Alternate between cowen and Boro and slide wideman in. You'll see a difference.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:

You can tell, he's slow skating up the ice, it's not his usual way of moving the puck.  It's not all being out of shape, but that contributes I think.

And the excuses begin. Laugh1

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

There is not a single reason why Mendes would go out and say Karlsson is probably not 100% if he is.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

normally I'd be there making the excuses, but karlsson's play this season has left a ton to be desired. It's actually been infuriating to see a player of his calibre play the way he has, let alone a captain. He seemed like he was rounding back into form but now he's getting embarrassed on a nightly basis. And we can make the argument that we need him in the lineup because of his offense but I remember another former captain who was good on offense but his defense left a lot to be desired....and we said 'what's the point of his offense if he is the cause of so many goals against?'

No more excuses. If karlsson is hurt, then he needs to sit out and heal. If he didn't come prepared for the season, then that's on him and he deserves all the criticism coming his way. He's had it pretty good in ottawa but it's time to be a damn leader now.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:normally I'd be there making the excuses, but karlsson's play this season has left a ton to be desired.  It's actually been infuriating to see a player of his calibre play the way he has, let alone a captain. He seemed like he was rounding back into form but now he's getting embarrassed on a nightly basis.  And we can make the argument that we need him in the lineup because of his offense but I remember another former captain who was good on offense but his defense left a lot to be desired....and we said 'what's the point of his offense if he is the cause of so many goals against?'

No more excuses.  If karlsson is hurt, then he needs to sit out and heal. If he didn't come prepared for the season, then that's on him and he deserves all the criticism coming his way.  He's had it pretty good in ottawa but it's time to be a damn leader now.

Ian Sendes would never have the guts to speak such truth.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum