GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #12: Sens @ Habs - 7:30pm EST - Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2015

+5
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
tim1_2
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY #12 ("Good bye daylight saving time" edition): Sens @ Habs - 7:30pm EST - Tuesday Nov. 3 2015

GAME DAY #12: Sens @ Habs - 7:30pm EST - Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2015 Large GAME DAY #12: Sens @ Habs - 7:30pm EST - Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2015 At-24-000000 GAME DAY #12: Sens @ Habs - 7:30pm EST - Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2015 Large

October and EDT are behind us. November and night-time commutes are upon us. The Sens are floundering just above .500 and in 5th place in the Division. One point out of a Wildcard spot and just two ahead of Buffalo (I shouldn't even bring up the Leafs, but after their win over the previously hot Stars they are 6 points back -- a 3 game winning streak away).

The Sens were dealt a harsh blow when Mark Stone was suspended for a questionable hit on "legacy" rookie Landon Ferraro; while the suspension itself was a tough pill to swallow, the insult added to the injury was the league dismissing Zetterberg's lunging elbow to the Pageau's nose without so much as a minor penalty being called. While Stone sits out a couple of games, Hoffman and Lazar are back from sick bay and will return to their usual spots in the lineup. No updates on MacArthur -- I suspect he'll be gone quite a while.

Meanwhile the Habs, after that hicup of consecutive losses to the Canucks and Oilers (???!) have resumed their winning ways, even as Price has been placed on the IR. Apparently Price sustained his injury against the Oilers but he still served as backup in the Calgary game before being told to shut it down for a week. Rookie Condon is 4-0 to start his career (how long before Bell Centre faithful start throwing boxes of Trojans on the ice?) and it's up to the Sens to bring him back down to ice level.

GO SENS GO!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Maybe I should have named this the "Priceless" edition.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd be pretty pumped for playing them without Price, but our record against backups is not great, and then we're also missing arguably our best forward in Stone.  This will be an uphill battle.

I assume Ryan slides up to the top line with Turris and Hoffman (assuming he's back).

Is Hammond starting??

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ryan *should* slide up to the top line, he's been successful there in the short amount of top-line icetime that he was given, and he has scored in three straight games. May not quite be coming in hot, yet, but warming up. I also think they need to separate Ryan and Zibanejad as both were in need of a wake up call -- you just don't try to boost a dead battery with another one.

As far as I know Cameron has not named his starter as of yesterday. In fact it's almost like he made a point of saying that he had not yet decided. Conventional wisdom is that your #1 starts if he is not injured and it's not back-to-back games. So it was a little odd for him to say that. Hammond's last trip to Bell Centre wasn't all that memorable (lost first two games of the playoffs) so I see no reason to not go with Anderson.

Therefore it will probably be Hammond.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I thought I heard something about Hammond starting, but I think I must've dreamt it, as it makes no sense.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He's shown that he wants Ryan and zibanejad to be on a different line than turris, so I doubt he's up there. Lazar and Hoffman is what garrioch was hinting at as the starting top line tonight.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Having Hoffman back is awfully fortuitous with Stone suspended.

- Unknown Author

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Here's hoping things get squirrely.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If there are more suspensions to come for the Sens, good God I hope they all come from tonight's game. Maybe Zack Smith can finish what Byfuglien started. I think I could stomach the Sens going 5 without #15.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Here's hoping things get squirrely.

And how!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I'm interested to see how Turris performs without Stone.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Here's hoping things get squirrely.

And how!

Are you asking?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:I'm interested to see how Turris performs without Stone.

I don't think 2 games would be enough to gel with someone else, or enough to draw an conclusion, to be honest.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You have to hope Turris can create some magic with Hoffman. It be nice to also see lazar show some upside.

I don't mind a line of puempel Zib and Ryan. That might be the line of the future going forwards for a few years so might as well get it going. Puempel is playing right? Please tell me he's playing...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:You have to hope Turris can create some magic with Hoffman. It be nice to also see lazar show some upside.

I don't mind a line of puempel Zib and Ryan. That might be the line of the future going forwards for a few years so might as well get it going. Puempel is playing right? Please tell me he's playing...

They sent McCormick back and Stone is out, so of course he is playing.  Right now *everyone* (at forward) is playing that's eligible to play.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum