GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #12: Sens @ Habs - 7:30pm EST - Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2015

+5
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
tim1_2
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:I'm interested to see how Turris performs without Stone.

I don't think 2 games would be enough to gel with someone else, or enough to draw an conclusion, to be honest.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You have to hope Turris can create some magic with Hoffman. It be nice to also see lazar show some upside.

I don't mind a line of puempel Zib and Ryan. That might be the line of the future going forwards for a few years so might as well get it going. Puempel is playing right? Please tell me he's playing...

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:You have to hope Turris can create some magic with Hoffman. It be nice to also see lazar show some upside.

I don't mind a line of puempel Zib and Ryan. That might be the line of the future going forwards for a few years so might as well get it going. Puempel is playing right? Please tell me he's playing...

They sent McCormick back and Stone is out, so of course he is playing.  Right now *everyone* (at forward) is playing that's eligible to play.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anderson confirmed as the starter.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, speaking of concussions, headshots and suspensions, Lazar missed three games with a concussion after a check from behind into the boards by Z. Michalek. I remember the hit when it happened and I was surprised there wasn't so much as a strong reaction from the crowd. It was very definitely boarding and the fact that he missed 3 games *should have* resulted in supplemental discipline of some kind. There wasn't even a penalty called on the play.

No suspension to Michalek, Byfuglien, Zetterberg, Rinaldo. 2 games to Stone. I don't get it.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:By the way, speaking of concussions, headshots and suspensions, Lazar missed three games with a concussion after a check from behind into the boards by Z. Michalek.  I remember the hit when it happened and I was surprised there wasn't so much as a strong reaction from the crowd.  It was very definitely boarding and the fact that he missed 3 games *should have* resulted in supplemental discipline of some kind.  There wasn't even a penalty called on the play.

No suspension to Michalek, Byfuglien, Zetterberg, Rinaldo.  2 games to Stone.  I don't get it.

Leaf-loving ref hatred of our beloved Sens? That or Clouston arguing calls. How dare he. Nobody does that. GAME DAY #12: Sens @ Habs - 7:30pm EST - Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2015 - Page 2 852933671

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We are gonna get :rp:

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:You have to hope Turris can create some magic with Hoffman. It be nice to also see lazar show some upside.

All Lazar will show is a big grin and youthful enthusiasm.

The Puemper is on the 4th line.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:

All Lazar will show is a big grin and youthful enthusiasm.

The Puemper is on the 4th line.

Wtf.... Misuse

Who's playing lw on the second?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I believe it's Prince.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I love that Therrien blew his timeout on that stupid challenge. What a silly move.

Delicious.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Great game. Enter the Matrix .

I don't think Bobby R would get claimed on waivers right now.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Great game. Enter the Matrix .

I don't think Bobby R would get claimed on waivers right now.

What is this based on? Bobby has been great as of late and before tonight was on pace for around 68 points. People expect way way too much out of a winger.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'd say right now the issue is Zibanejad. Like you said, Ryan is a winger and not a particularly bruising or speedy one, so he's not going to create his own scoring chances. He needs a center who can find him when he's away from the checkers and/or a sniper to put it away when Ryan dishes out a nice pass. Right now Zibanejad is neither of those.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Officiating was pathetic. In the last 10 minutes there were three plays where I was screaming for a penalty, then Methot draws a minor with 4 minutes to go. I'm not arguing that it was a penalty, but in my opinion the Sens should have been on a PP and Methot would not have even been on the ice. And that quick whistle was just embarrassing. Similar to Pageau's non-goal in the playoffs, the ref is standing in the corner and has no idea where the puck is, so he assumes Condon's got it. Problem is he blew the whistle so friggin' quick that by the time he must have made up his mind to do it (the intent to blow) I'm not sure the puck had even hit Condon's chest. You've got to give it at least a half second and then judge from the players' reactions. If the goalie is standing up and the forward is swinging at ice level, guess where the puck must be. This is an incredibly simple thing to do and they've now failed twice in crucial situations.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Habs are now 5-1 at home (well, 5-0-1); the Sens are 5-1 on the road.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Aaand back to second place in Division.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I'd say right now the issue is Zibanejad.  Like you said, Ryan is a winger and not a particularly bruising or speedy one, so he's not going to create his own scoring chances.  He needs a center who can find him when he's away from the checkers and/or a sniper to put it away when Ryan dishes out a nice pass.  Right now Zibanejad is neither of those.

Zibby has been good as well after a slow start. They will want to see him with Ryan for a while before moving them apart. They only played 13 minutes or so tonight due to pks and Pageau line playing well

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum