GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #12: Sens @ Habs - 7:30pm EST - Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2015

+5
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
tim1_2
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:
Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:There's nothing to change to the forward core. There's enough chances, we score enough goals.
The defense has and still is the number 1 issue.
Let's be honest with ourselves. How many of our defensemen would crack the Habs lineup? Probably 2.

Are you serious? The same Habs who have Emelin, Beaulieu, and Gilbert?

We could use another D but I think a Top 6 forward is a must get.

Do you watch the Habs often?
I heard on the radio after the game last night that the Habs dumped the puck 3 times in the first 2 periods. So do you think it's thanks to their forwards or their defensemen?

I have seen the Habs many times. I would easily take Ceci over any d-man they have not named Markov or Subban, and I would play Cowen over Emelin and Gilbert in a heartbeat. They are basically a one-pairing team like the Sens.

So they don't dump the puck? Why is that an argument in their favour? That's just a different style, doesn't mean it's a better stly.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:

The same applies when there's any kind of pressure in our zone.  Once in a while you get that nice, crisp outlet pass at our blue line that makes for a nice breakout, but more often that not you get the half ice icing where the other team gets it in their defensive zones and switches immediately to back on the attack.

Yeah, this exact situation, the "half ice icing" as you call it, has become a frequent occurrence, and it's quite frustrating to watch. And yeah, it seems to happen most often with Cowen/Wiercioch/Ceci/Boro.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:
Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:There's nothing to change to the forward core. There's enough chances, we score enough goals.
Let's be honest with ourselves. How many of our defensemen would crack the Habs lineup? Probably 2.

I heard on the radio after the game last night that the Habs dumped the puck 3 times in the first 2 periods. So do you think it's thanks to their forwards or their defensemen?

I have seen the Habs many times. I would easily take Ceci over any d-man they have not named Markov or Subban, and I would play Cowen over Emelin and Gilbert in a heartbeat. They are basically a one-pairing team like the Sens.

So they don't dump the puck? Why is that an argument in their favour? That's just a different style, doesn't mean it's a better stly.

They must be pretty craptacular then.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:
Ev wrote:

Yeah cowen's game isn't much of a problem these days, it's not spectacular but he does things alright. Weir on another hand isn't really showing much of a performance. Ceci is showing more offencive chances these days but he needs to be paired with a more defensive liable guy. Weir and Ceci together isn't working.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ceci basically needs a guy than can be the equivalent of 2 guys. And even then it 's dicey.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:
Ev wrote:

Yeah cowen's game isn't much of a problem these days, it's not spectacular but he does things alright. Weir on another hand isn't really showing much of a performance. Ceci is showing more offencive chances these days but he needs to be paired with a more defensive liable guy. Weir and Ceci together isn't working.

Yeah, he needs a Methot on his left. Cowen's been pretty good, but he's digressing I find from the simple game he played earlier in the season to trying to complicate things and giving the puck away a lot.

Ceci needs to be able to jump into the play all the time, he's got all the tools to be a 40 point D-man, he needs to jump in 5 on 5 because he'll never get PP time with Karlsson there as the righty.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:
Ev wrote:

They have Subban, Petry and Markov. We have Karlsson, Methot and Ceci. Markov is clearly better than Ceci at this point, but Ceci is on a trajectory that will get him to Markov's level in a couple years (hopefully). I'd take Methot over Petry and Karlsson over Subban. No, our bottom pairing is pretty bad, and Wiercioch has not been playing well so far. I don't really know how they compare to the Habs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:
Ceci needs to be able to jump into the play all the time, he's got all the tools to be a 40 point D-man, he needs to jump in 5 on 5 because he'll never get PP time with Karlsson there as the righty.

You can have two righties on the PP. Ceci playing the right side, setting up Karlsson for one-timers on the left.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:
Ev wrote:

Yeah, he needs a Methot on his left.  Cowen's been pretty good, but he's digressing I find from the simple game he played earlier in the season to trying to complicate things and giving the puck away a lot.

That's what I think too. I think Ceci needs a rock on his left. Wier is not that guy. If anything wier would move down to the third pairing. If only cowen could be more responsible. Maybe after this season he could be. But let's face it if we could make a deal that would send wier and then some for a real top 4 left shooting guy we'd be much better off. Fowler is a dream that won't likely happen but that's what you aim for. Making if Anaheim never rights the ship this season then you revisit that by the trade deadline and offer up a 1 rounder with wier and then some. In the mean time we are probably going to stay the way it is.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Andre Tourigny is a defence coach.

I'm with SD. I was sure he was tagged for the PP.

EDIT:

From http://www.metronews.ca/views/ottawa/hockey-news-senators/2015/10/13/ottawa-senators-fast-start-hides-some-underlying-issues.html

Assistant coach Andre Tourigny was brought in from Colorado to enhance last season’s 21st-ranked power play.

Tourigny’s system paid dividends Saturday when the club converted three consecutive PPs.

From http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/07/03/sens-welcome-andre-the-bear-tourigny-into-the-fold

Tourigny, who spent the last two seasons as an assistant coach for Patrick Roy in Colorado, will be in charge of the Senators power play and handle the forward lines.

That first link is from a couple weeks ago. Part way into the season.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:

EDIT:

From http://www.metronews.ca/views/ottawa/hockey-news-senators/2015/10/13/ottawa-senators-fast-start-hides-some-underlying-issues.html

Assistant coach Andre Tourigny was brought in from Colorado to enhance last season’s 21st-ranked power play.

Tourigny’s system paid dividends Saturday when the club converted three consecutive PPs.

From http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/07/03/sens-welcome-andre-the-bear-tourigny-into-the-fold

Tourigny, who spent the last two seasons as an assistant coach for Patrick Roy in Colorado, will be in charge of the Senators power play and handle the forward lines.

Ya that sounds about right. We probably need a better guy developing a system for our D. I doubt it happens as Jason smith has been here for a while and he survived beating up his wife scandal and the org stuck with him so yeah...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wrong again, young Ev.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

EDIT:

Ya that sounds about right. We probably need a better guy developing a system for our D. I doubt it happens as Jason smith has been here for a while and he survived beating up his wife scandal and the org stuck with him so yeah...

The club did an internal investigation and concluded that she was askin' for it. Case. Closed.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

Wrong again, young Ev.

He was a defence coach in Colorado. Hlelped turn Johnson around

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:

EDIT:

The club did an internal investigation and concluded that she was askin' for it. Case. Closed.

Oh you did not go there.....

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Wrong again, young Ev.

He was a defence coach in Colorado. Hlelped turn Johnson around

That's nice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum