GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #71: Sens @ Habs, Mar 19, 2017, 7:30pm

+5
spader
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

After a disappointing shootout loss at home, the Senators hope to exact a little revenge on the road as they complete the home and home weekender against Montreal.

Last night's have featured some solid goaltending early on, lead changes, flukey goals, an exciting overtime, and ended on a pathetic OT powerplay and an equally pathetic shootout.

In the end, although Andy made some nice saves, I'm left wondering if he was just a little off. Price wasn't great, either, so there's that.

Karlsson's tying goal earned the Sens a point which, combined with the Leaf's OT loss brings the magic number down to 17. Along with an earlier assist, Karlsson is now 5 points back of Burns, who is still sitting on 70. Karlsson has a game in hand.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wonder if maybe we see Condon tonight.... Regardless, VENGEANCE SHALL BE OURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dammit!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I wonder if maybe we see Condon tonight....  Regardless, VENGEANCE SHALL BE OURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Dammit!

My sources indicate Greg Anderson.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Your sources were right the last time. I was source-less but my Spidey sense sure we tingling.

As much as regular season protocol dictates you go with Condon, I think Anderson knows he didn't have his best game and is probably dying to get back in. #BeastMode

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anybody else notice the ridiculous amount of sens coverage on the tsn website? It even surpasses the habs! Im not complaining! It's just that as a sens fan, Im not used to it!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anything else but a regulation win tonight is unacceptable! We need to go out there and strike like the wind! all my habs fans are complaining that their team can't score. well, we should be able to, Mark stone or not!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So Anderson is back, and the rest of the lineup is the same as well...interesting. Thought we might've seen Claesson get in, but here we go. I will defer to master psychologist, Mr. Guy Boucher.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You know I've been one of Ceci's biggest supporters. But every time they get scored on now I look around to see who is on d, and almost without fail I see Ceci sharing away with that look on his face.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:You know I've been one of Ceci's biggest supporters. But every time they get scored on now I look around to see who is on d, and almost without fail I see Ceci sharing away with that look on his face.

Everyone catches up to what I already know eventually.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Emelin (their "Ceci") and McCarron draw in. I have no idea why. McCarron is a slightly smaller version of John Scott, without the heart warming back story. He is not an NHL player. But as a 4LC he won't be able to do too much damage.

Odd choices. Julien must be expecting some rough stuff.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:Anybody else notice the ridiculous amount of sens coverage on the tsn website? It even surpasses the habs! Im not complaining! It's just that as a sens fan, Im not used to it!

They had Dorion on the third hour of Overdrive on Friday as well. Good interview if you track it down (find it on itunes for free or in the podcast app on your iphone).

Clearly TSN is starting to recognize that the Sens are a solid team this year and may well end up doing some damage in the playoffs.

EDIT: My favourite part of the interview is when Dorion was talking about how Boucher said that they now have the best 4th line in the league. Dorion disagreed and said they don't have a 4th line now. They have two 3rd lines.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:You know I've been one of Ceci's biggest supporters. But every time they get scored on now I look around to see who is on d, and almost without fail I see Ceci sharing away with that look on his face.
It might have something to do with being matched against the other teams top offensive players.  Just saying.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Condon should have played one game. Anderson has cost us some points. Hopefully he is actually good in the playoffs

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Condon should have played one game. Anderson has cost us some points. Hopefully he is actually good in the playoffs

It's really weird that Andy and Price both played back to back. I also wish Condon had gotten a start. Of course, if the Sens had won both I wouldn't be complaining.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anderson consistently lets in stinkers and is always hurt or missing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum