GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #70: Habs @ Sens, Mar 18, 2017, 7:00pm

+3
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
wprager
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is it. We've been talking about this showdown for weeks. The Sens sit one point behind the Habs for first place in the Atlantic while holding a game in hand. Two games in two nights and this may decide who plays the Rangers in round one.

Injuries:
As far as I know, Stone is still out. Anderson will dress, as Driedger has been sent back down. Week he start? Boucher said *maybe* he'd be ready to backup, but this makes no sense. I call shenanigans and expect Anderson in goal tonight. I don't recall Borowiecki practicing with the team in recent memory, so assuming he is still not ready.

Emelin and Radulov missed practice with the flu. Emelin was going to be a healthy scratch anyway; he has been awful, lately. Radulov would be a blow to their offensive depth. Flynn is also injured.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Past 9, I expected a GDT to be already done. Guess too​ much Guinness and Jameson last night?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Looks like Radulov is a go. May not be 100%. When I get the flu I'm destroyed for almost a week. NHLers miss one practice. Practice.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Price seems to have Sens Flu.
GDT - Game #70: Habs @ Sens, Mar 18, 2017, 7:00pm Img_2010

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Montreal has three games against Ottawa and the other nine games are all against non-playoff teams. Except maybe Tampa -- they play then two more times. So if the regain ahead of Ottawa after this weekend they can almost coast to the finish line.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

On the flip side, of course, those teams relish the spoiler role, play loose, young players trying to make an impression, etc. And coasting is never a good way to prepare for the first round.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Montreal radio is never more entertaining than it is when their Dung team faces the mighty Sens.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

From the "Play it Again Sports Radio" show... Boucher having a "lucky" year. The Habs are grittier than Ottawa.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

From the same show the team (Ottawa) as it looks on paper should be falling down the standings.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ITS UNANIMOUS!!!! Habs will take the 3 game series!!!! - Montreal radio hacks

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ottawa has a much tougher schedule on their regaining games. Montreal x 3, Boston x 2, Pittsburgh, Minnesota, Rangers, Islanders, Flyers. Only soft spots are three games to start April when free play the Jets and then a home and home against the Wings.

All that to say, as it stands now, Boston is our most likely first round opponent. We have two games regaining, both in Beantown. First one this coming Tuesday, the other after the Detroit games.

As important as these weekend games are to the fanbase, Tuesday is likely the first round preview.

Unless, of course, we sweep the Habs while injuring Price, in which case the second last game of the season, the last home regular season game, April 6 against the Rangers will be the first round preview.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:ITS UNANIMOUS!!!! Habs will take the 3 game series!!!! - Montreal radio hacks

I usually only listen in the car, when 1200 switches to golf or done such. What show was this? They let have a podcast.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boro could be back tonight!
Check out @Citizenkwarren's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Citizenkwarren/status/843110488787636226?s=09

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Condon first off​ the ice. He will start.

I reiterate that this mattress no sense. If Andy is not ready to start he should definitely not be out in a position where he could be forced to come in cold.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

My sources are saying Greg Anderson will start.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum