GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #12: Sens @ Habs - 7:30pm EST - Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2015

+5
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
tim1_2
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

The Habs are now 5-1 at home (well, 5-0-1); the Sens are 5-1 on the road.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Aaand back to second place in Division.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I'd say right now the issue is Zibanejad.  Like you said, Ryan is a winger and not a particularly bruising or speedy one, so he's not going to create his own scoring chances.  He needs a center who can find him when he's away from the checkers and/or a sniper to put it away when Ryan dishes out a nice pass.  Right now Zibanejad is neither of those.

Zibby has been good as well after a slow start. They will want to see him with Ryan for a while before moving them apart. They only played 13 minutes or so tonight due to pks and Pageau line playing well

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Zibanejad just doesn't seem to drive the net much. Gives up way too easily instead of trying to power through. He's got outside speed, he's a much better skater than, say, Chiasson, who keeps trying to go around people but loses his feet and falls down.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

There's nothing to change to the forward core. There's enough chances, we score enough goals.
The defense has and still is the number 1 issue.
Let's be honest with ourselves. How many of our defensemen would crack the Habs lineup? Probably 2.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

As I said earlier. Good thing Hoffman was back. Big assist on the OT winner tonight. Not bad for his first game back overall tonight as well. Looking forward to having both Stone and Hoffman in the lineup after Thursdays game concludes.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

One more top 4 D man would be great but good luck acquiring one right now.

- Unknown Author

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:One more top 4 D man would be great but good luck acquiring one right now.

Cam Fowler is apparently being shopped. Send Zibanejad back.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:One more top 4 D man would be great but good luck acquiring one right now.

You're late to that convo.

I'd agree but I don't feel we have a good enough option to replace him on the number 2 line. Maybe the kid needs to have a Dung season(or at least the start of one) to get his Dung together and train more appropriately. I was suggesting Hoffman and weir for fowler but I would dearly miss Hoffman. But yes we need fowler. Big time. Just don't think we can send something to the ducks that we won't miss. Prospects and pics won't do, they want emediate help.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Great game. Enter the Matrix .

I don't think Bobby R would get claimed on waivers right now.

Honestly Zib is the weakest link in that line. He's hardly playing like a top 6 centre. I'm sure if Bobby played with Turris the goals would come. Ryan tries to make up for Zib half the time.
I really hope Zib puts it together.

I also disagree, the Habs dictated the game. We could of easily lost. We got better as the game went on but still. We have to be a lot better if we want to make the playoffs.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The d are making poor decisions in our end that frequently lead to turnovers either in zone or the dump it down and the other team gets it right away. Puck possession is such key. Gotta think you need to look at wideman again.

Fowler would be nice.obviously

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:

I'd agree but I don't feel we have a good enough option to replace him on the number 2 line. Maybe the kid needs to have a Dung season(or at least the start of one) to get his Dung together and train more appropriately. I was suggesting Hoffman and weir for fowler but I would dearly miss Hoffman. But yes we need fowler. Big time. Just don't think we can send something to the ducks that we won't miss. Prospects and pics won't do, they want emediate help.

Pageau could do it. Such flashes with zjb though, tantalizing and hard to give up sometimes.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:

I can't imagine moving Hoffman right now. His game away from the puck seems to be improving and he seems to belong on that top line.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Officiating was pathetic.  In the last 10 minutes there were three plays where I was screaming for a penalty, then Methot draws a minor with 4 minutes to go.  I'm not arguing that it was a penalty, but in my opinion the Sens should have been on a PP and Methot would not have even been on the ice.  And that quick whistle was just embarrassing.  Similar to Pageau's non-goal in the playoffs, the ref is standing in the corner and has no idea where the puck is, so he assumes Condon's got it.  Problem is he blew the whistle so friggin' quick that by the time he must have made up his mind to do it (the intent to blow) I'm not sure the puck had even hit Condon's chest.  You've got to give it at least a half second and then judge from the players' reactions.  If the goalie is standing up and the forward is swinging at ice level, guess where the puck must be.  This is an incredibly simple thing to do and they've now failed twice in crucial situations.  

To be fair, they also let us get away with high-sticking PK twice...which was enjoyable.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bobby ended up benched towards the end of last night's game which was very telling. It also helped that every other line was vastly out performing his line.

Obviously Bobby and ZBad are going to get every opportunity in the world to put up numbers, and that's fine, because there isn't much of an alternative right now. I might be tempted to put Bobby with Pageau.

Anyway, as I said, great game. It's impressive to pull out that W considering how bad we were in the faceoff circle...Anderson was great.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:

I can't imagine moving Hoffman right now. His game away from the puck seems to be improving and he seems to belong on that top line.

He's so good. I think he's improved enough away from the puck to be acceptable, but his speed and offensive awareness is amazing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeCaptain wrote:There's nothing to change to the forward core. There's enough chances, we score enough goals.
The defense has and still is the number 1 issue.
Let's be honest with ourselves. How many of our defensemen would crack the Habs lineup? Probably 2.

Karlsson + Methot for sure. I'd say Ceci would do very well with their up-tempo style of play. Same with Wideman. The others are likely too slow.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:The d are making poor decisions in our end that frequently lead to turnovers either in zone or the dump it down and the other team gets it right away.  Puck possession is such key.  Gotta think you need to look at wideman again.

Fowler would be nice.obviously

Habs won something like 70% of the face offs. Or at least that was the stat at one point, after the first or midway through the game. Hard to play a possession game when you lose that many draws.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum