GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #6: Predators @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 17 2015

+8
spader
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
SeawaySensFan
Ev
tim1_2
NEELY
wprager
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY #6 ("home re-opener" edition): Predators @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 17 2015

GAME DAY #6: Predators @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 17 2015 Large GAME DAY #6: Predators @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 17 2015 At-24-000000 GAME DAY #6: Predators @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 17 2015 Large

A do-over game in a couple ways. First, the Sens will try to get back to winning after a lackluster performance in being shut out by Fleury and the Penguins (a night of firsts: Penguins' first win of the season, Fleury's first shutout against the Sens, first point and goal for Sprong); second, the Sens will try for their first home win of season, after losing the opener to the "perfect" Habs.

Won't be easy against a very good Nashville team -- a team which boasts the best defense in the NHL (according to Pierre -- and we all know Pierre Knows Everything).

This will have to be a short starter as I've got to drive someone somewhere (it's all a blur by now), but for the adventurous, I found this Predator v. Alien image that's just ripe for a little photoshop. Anyone up to the challenge?

GAME DAY #6: Predators @ Sens - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 17 2015 Alien_vs_predator__chess_by_xidon

As always, GO SENSE GO!!!!!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Don't like the way Zibanejad or Ryan has played to this point but Zibanejad's play in still very concerning. To me he's lazy and that has been my knock on him for a long time now, he reaches, he stops skating, and he doesn't really fight for pucks... that needs to change because as of right now this team will not go anywhere with that kind of play from your 2nd line center. Ryan.. well he needs help from his center and needs to start to put more pucks at the net.

Goaltending has been fine aside from that Columbus game.

Defense... Wiercioch needs to take a seat for Wideman right now. Some fresh blood and jump on the back end is needed.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

the other thing I will add is the 4th line has been completely useless. Neil to me gets some rope, he's a winger, he's 35(ish), and has serious miles on him and still works his a$$ off... like I said about Zibanejad where is Smith? WTF is he actually getting paid for? Anyone in the AHL can do what he's done the last 2 years and I am serious when I say that. Time to give Dzingle a look if Smith can't do more than just go out there and skate. He's the dead wood in Ottawa right now.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, Smith doesn't really do anything anymore which is depressing. He should be replaced with someone young and hungry.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Zibanejad cut his hair. I know it's nothing but it could also be symbolic of him making up his mind as to what he wants to be -- a hockey player or a long-haired guy who likes to sleep in a take it easy until his 11PM DJ gig.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Zibby has been better than the start of last year, has won a lot of face offs and is getting better each game. He also has four points. He'll be fine. We have have slow starters. Makes for a better stretch run.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Previews:

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2015020066
http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/preview?gameId=400814930

Laviolette switched up Fisher and Ribeiro, putting Fisher with Forsberg in the game against the Islanders. While that was their first loss of the season, they got 47 shots on goal!

Meanwhile, the Sens have the worst shot differential in the league.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cameron says no lineup changes. #FreeWideman

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I like the sens tonight. They'll give it everything they've got with four days off coming up.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:I like the sens tonight. They'll give it everything they've got with four days off coming up.

The Sens like you too Smile

NEELY

Mod
Mod

They get Hutton too... no reason not to win this one.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:They get Hutton too... no reason not to win this one.

He may not be Pekka Rinne but he did alright when Rinne was injured. Seems to play better when given more games. So I guess our luck we're facing him when he hasn't played in a real game since last year.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Let's get a win or else start moving some bodies.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:Let's get a win or else start moving some bodies.
Let's make some moves regardless of the outcome of tonight's contest. Cheers

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Let's get a win or else start moving some bodies.
Let's make some moves regardless of the outcome of tonight's contest.  Cheers

SOLD!!!! Cheering

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum