GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015

+5
Ev
NEELY
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY #5 ("I got nothing" edition): Sens @ Penguins- 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015

GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015 Large GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015 At-24-000000 GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015 Large

The Sens will try to go 4-0 on the road to start the season as they visit another 0-3 Metropolitan Division team. Ottawa got back in the 'W' column as seven different players scored last night in Columbus. Captain Erik Karlsson led the way with four points (all assists) as Zibanejad and Ryan had a goal and two assists, each (Ryan's into an empty net). The top line was at it again with a couple goals, including a real pretty assist from Stone to Turris; if you missed the game I'm sure you've seen it on the highlights reel. Other scorers included Methot, Pageau (goals in consecutive games) and Hoffman with a rocket.

Anderson had a bit of a shaky start but the offense pulled him through; I'm sure he'll be returning the favor many times over as the season rolls along.

Clarke MacArthur got tripped up near the boards, fell forward, and got up slowly, holding his hand up to his helmet. He came out of the game with an "upper body injury" so this may be the start of a long season for him. If you get shaken up just falling forward like that, I wonder if he is fully healed from the concussion last year.

Guess we finally see Prince draw in. And probably Hammond, as well.

GO SENS GO!!!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Time to take care of Crysby. Permanently.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Time to take care of Crysby. Permanently.

Crush his dumb head.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Can the Sens beat 2 winless teams in a row? Will be tough but they can.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It'll be interesting to see the Hamburglar in action, assuming he gets the start. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Previews:

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2015020051
http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/preview?gameId=400814918

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Kessel is a beast! He leads the Penguins with 2 points.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:It'll be interesting to see the Hamburglar in action, assuming he gets the start.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned.

Hammond was in goal for the Sens' only win against Pittsburgh last year. So keep that in mind when it's 3-0 Pens half way through the game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ahem.

GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015 Captur11

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You know how foolish it is to post stuff like that one week into the season?

That said, Karlsson can totally finish top 5 in points this year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Stone had 7 takeaways before yesterday's game. The one on Turris' goal was a takeaway IMO and he had at least 3 others of the more usual stick-interception variety. Yet today he's (still leading the league) with 8.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I bet on Karlsson to win the Hart before the year.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Stone had 7 takeaways before yesterday's game.  The one on Turris' goal was a takeaway IMO and he had at least 3 others of the more usual stick-interception variety.  Yet today he's (still leading the league) with 8.

He and Karlsson sure do their best to allow the team to play with the puck as much as possible. The way they both read the play is so incredible valuable.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I bet on Karlsson to win the Hart before the year.

This isn't even something that should be considered a long shot. Assuming the team in general keeps improving, his numbers should only go up. The guy is a flat-out freak, and I'd say he's a top 3 player on the planet.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:You know how foolish it is to post stuff like that one week into the season?

That said, Karlsson can totally finish top 5 in points this year.

Guilty as charged! Seeing a sea of Sens on the leaderboard makes me act like a fool.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum