GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015

+5
Ev
NEELY
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Stone had 7 takeaways before yesterday's game.  The one on Turris' goal was a takeaway IMO and he had at least 3 others of the more usual stick-interception variety.  Yet today he's (still leading the league) with 8.

He and Karlsson sure do their best to allow the team to play with the puck as much as possible. The way they both read the play is so incredible valuable.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I bet on Karlsson to win the Hart before the year.

This isn't even something that should be considered a long shot. Assuming the team in general keeps improving, his numbers should only go up. The guy is a flat-out freak, and I'd say he's a top 3 player on the planet.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:You know how foolish it is to post stuff like that one week into the season?

That said, Karlsson can totally finish top 5 in points this year.

Guilty as charged! Seeing a sea of Sens on the leaderboard makes me act like a fool.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

This isn't even something that should be considered a long shot.  Assuming the team in general keeps improving, his numbers should only go up.  The guy is a flat-out freak, and I'd say he's a top 3 player on the planet.

It was a longshot in terms of odds. 50 to 1. Let's go!!!!

Norris was 4 to 1.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Who was the last defenceman to win the Hart anyway? Without looking, I'd say Orr.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Who was the last defenceman to win the Hart anyway?  Without looking, I'd say Orr.

I'd say Coffee/Bourque/Lidstrom -- all three played after Bobby retired.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pronger, dammit!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bourque/Lidstrom/Coffee never won it (I can see Coffee, playing with Gretzky, but surprised Lidstrom and Bourque never won). Before Pronger, the last one was Orr.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I have no recollection of Pronger winning it. How nice, couldn't happen to a better fellow.

Coffee, lol.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Milk and coffee? Milk and coffee!? Who would have thought?!

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

This isn't even something that should be considered a long shot.  Assuming the team in general keeps improving, his numbers should only go up.  The guy is a flat-out freak, and I'd say he's a top 3 player on the planet.

Norris was 4 to 1.

Time to send Carey to St Mary's Hospital.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I could blame "Coffee" on the built-in spellchecker but I'll just blame it on only having had one coffey so far, today. And not a lot of sleep last night, either.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Norris was 4 to 1.

Wonder what the odds were for Stone or Turris. If that line can keep it up for 82 games, look out.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Norris was 4 to 1.

Wonder what the odds were for Stone or Turris.  If that line can keep it up for 82 games, look out.

they didn't have odds.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I could blame "Coffee" on the built-in spellchecker but I'll just blame it on only having had one coffey so far, today.  And not a lot of sleep last night, either.

Or just admit you make a mistake.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:I could blame "Coffee" on the built-in spellchecker but I'll just blame it on only having had one coffey so far, today.  And not a lot of sleep last night, either.

Or just admit you make a mistake.

NEVER!

Walter, you complain about lack of sleep frequently. I recommend you rectify that problem, as that'll have huge negative consequences on your health. You're welcome for the free life advice!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anderson starts, Prince in for Mac.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:You know how foolish it is to post stuff like that one week into the season?

That said, Karlsson can totally finish top 5 in points this year.

Guilty as charged!  Seeing a sea of Sens on the leaderboard makes me act like a fool.

For the record... I own Karlsson in my keeper league, and he's a +7 right now (or so ESPN tells me), so there should be another Sen there atop yet another list. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum