GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #4: Sens @ Jackets- 7:00pm ET - Wed. Oct. 14 2015

+5
NEELY
PTFlea
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY #4 (Back on the Road edition): Sens @ Blue Jackets- 7:00pm ET - Wed. Oct. 14 2015

GAME DAY #4: Sens @ Jackets- 7:00pm ET - Wed. Oct. 14 2015 Large GAME DAY #4: Sens @ Jackets- 7:00pm ET - Wed. Oct. 14 2015 At-24-000000 GAME DAY #4: Sens @ Jackets- 7:00pm ET - Wed. Oct. 14 2015 Large

The Sens aim to get back to their winning ways when they visit the winless (0-3) Blue Jackets. Former team mate Nick Foligno, the newly minted Captain of the Columbus squad is apparently skating with the third line as Todd Richards tries to shake the team out of its funk. Last year Robin Lehner was in goal for all there of the teams' meet-ups as the Sens compiled a 2-1 record. He's now injured. In Buffalo.

No lineup changes have been announced yet, but with The Hamburglar back at 100% O'Connor and his 0-1 record have been sent packing to Binghamton. At some point we expect to see Wideman and Prince inserted into the lineup, but give that the Jackets are expected to play a hard-hitting game, maybe now's not the time to replace Boro with Wideman and/or Neil with Prince. On the other hand, Wideman for Wiercioch should definitely be considered.

As always, GO SENS GO!!!

Last edited by wprager on Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Atta boy!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Preview links:

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2015020046

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/preview?gameId=400814913

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Congrats to Turris for leading the NHL with 47 faceoff wins. A big reason for that line's success so far.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sounds like Wamsley is a big believer in splitting goaltending duties in back-to-back situations. So do you go with Anderson and let Hammond face the Penguins tomorrow, or vice versa?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Craig Hartsburg is an assistant coach with Columbus.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No changes to the Sens lineup tonight.

I haven't been able to watch a game since the opener against Buffalo, so I look forward to catching this after the Jays game wraps up.

Last edited by tim1_2 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anderson will start.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Craig Hartsburg is an assistant coach with Columbus.  

Wow...how...does he have a job in the NHL???!?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Sounds like Wamsley is a big believer in splitting goaltending duties in back-to-back situations.  So do you go with Anderson and let Hammond face the Penguins tomorrow, or vice versa?

Holy lord, Anderson vs the Pens please.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No need to worry about Crysby and the Pens. I could play goal against them.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Important game for the Sens simply because they are going to play a team that is almost, if not already there, in desperation mode. They need to come out firing right off the hop and not let Columbus get the first one.

Anderson will need to be the best player tonight, he hasn't been all that sharp in his first two games.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's so true, this team is in desperation mode big time. I think we're in a lot of trouble personally.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If Zibanejad can't get it going then yah, the Sens will struggle. People are loving to hate on Ryan right now but he isn't the center on that line. Does Zibanejad even have a shot this year? I don't want to say it's a make or break year for the guy but he needs to stop his stupid little DJ gigs and start to become a professional.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He's looked okay, but it's time for him and Ryan (and MacArthur) to start putting up some points to help buoy this team early in the season. It's time to stop being called a 'young player' for ZBad and just go out and make something happen by working hard out there and...wait for it...driving the net.

They should have that tattooed on their eyelids. Drive the net, take a D-man with you, let Ryan shoot, pick up rebounds, repeat. Perimeter play won't net you a thing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum