GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015

+5
Ev
NEELY
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anderson has a 930 save percentage...

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, Anderson is fine.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

The Malkin goal should have been stopped.  Went right through him.  Malkin had nowhere to go as Karlsson kept him to the outside and Ryan was covering #57.  This wasn't a clear breakaway it was a stoppable shot.  It went in between his blocker arm and his body, so it's not like Malkin picked a corner.  And it wasn't tipped.  It was awful!

Second one was more on Karlsson, perhaps, or Neil tripping over an imaginary line, but then the puck carrier (after Neil's plunge) was way over at the boards.  No way he could shoot and score from there, the way he was positioned, but Anderson was way over to his right, deep in the crease.

Look how far over he is just as the pas comes across.  Did he think Cullen was going to rim it around and was preparing to go behind the goal?  At most he should have his right skate on the post, and preparing to push off if there is a pass.  He's not even close to being in the correct position.

GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015 - Page 5 Captur12

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Oh, and it's Hammond Time.  I'm a little tired of hearing how great Anderson was in this period, or that one.  He's given up bad goals in each game.  Maybe some competition will push him to perform better.

Seriously? Yesterday could easily have been 7-0. The Sens didn't play, Anderson did.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:Oh, and it's Hammond Time.  I'm a little tired of hearing how great Anderson was in this period, or that one.  He's given up bad goals in each game.  Maybe some competition will push him to perform better.

Seriously?  Yesterday could easily have been 7-0.  The Sens didn't play, Anderson did.

When the Sens played a great 2 periods and then coasted in the third we dragged them over the coals a little bit. Same thing here. He played great but that first goal should never have gone in. This wasn't Guy flying in off the wing and putting it just inside the post. This was a shot that went in between his arm and his body. On the other goal he clearly was not in position as he should have been up against the post.

I'm not saying he's bad -- his SV% clearly indicates he's doing pretty well, and he is 3-1 after all, but he needs to stop letting in bad ones. It's early, I get it, and O'Connor should have remained a backup (that early in the season you can afford to keep him in, get in a groove). But I still want to see him play better.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, Anderson is fine.

Rock solid.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Seriously?  Yesterday could easily have been 7-0.  The Sens didn't play, Anderson did.

When the Sens played a great 2 periods and then coasted in the third we dragged them over the coals a little bit.  Same thing here.  He played great but that first goal should never have gone in.  This wasn't Guy flying in off the wing and putting it just inside the post.  This was a shot that went in between his arm and his body.  On the other goal he clearly was not in position as he should have been up against the post.  

I'm not saying he's bad -- his SV% clearly indicates he's doing pretty well, and he is 3-1 after all, but he needs to stop letting in bad ones.  It's early, I get it, and O'Connor should have remained a backup (that early in the season you can afford to keep him in, get in a groove).  But I still want to see him play better.

Meh, that's one of the great ones scoring on him. It's a little tougher than Chris Neil coming down the wing. Plus, it's a team game. The team needs to support him and they really didn't yesterday.

As mentioned, there's no need to panic yet, but Saturday's game will be telling IMO.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chris Neil. Facepalm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum