GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #2 (BOO#1): Sens @ Leafs - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 10 2015

+2
Ev
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Predict the outcome of the game

GAME DAY #2 (BOO#1): Sens @ Leafs - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 10 2015 Vote_lcap213%GAME DAY #2 (BOO#1): Sens @ Leafs - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 10 2015 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY #2 (BOO#1): Sens @ Leafs - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 10 2015 Vote_lcap238%GAME DAY #2 (BOO#1): Sens @ Leafs - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 10 2015 Vote_rcap2 38% [ 3 ]
GAME DAY #2 (BOO#1): Sens @ Leafs - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 10 2015 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY #2 (BOO#1): Sens @ Leafs - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 10 2015 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY #2 (BOO#1): Sens @ Leafs - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 10 2015 Vote_lcap249%GAME DAY #2 (BOO#1): Sens @ Leafs - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 10 2015 Vote_rcap2 49% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 8

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY #2 (BOO#1): Sens @ Leafs - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 10 2015

GAME DAY #2 (BOO#1): Sens @ Leafs - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 10 2015 Large GAME DAY #2 (BOO#1): Sens @ Leafs - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 10 2015 At-24-000000 GAME DAY #2 (BOO#1): Sens @ Leafs - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 10 2015 Large

Game two of the new season and round one of the Battle of Ontario takes place tonight.  The Leafs played last night, losing 4-0 to Babcock's previous team.  They are 0-2 to start the season, as pretty much everyone expected (although you'd think they would have put up a better fight against Detroit for their coach).  Not that it really matters if these players are willing to play hard for their coach, because most of them are likely going to be playing elsewhere next season or sooner.

The Sens are 1-0 after one of those "a win is a win so I'll take it" affairs against Buffalo.  In a game where they were up 1-0 after 30 seconds and 2-0 half way through the game it took a coach's challenge to overturn an Evander Kane wraparound* goal that would have given Buffalo the tie and all the momentum.  I think it's safe to say that the Sens were a little lucky to shuffle out of Buffalo with two points.

The Leafs don't have goaltending (although, to be fair, neither did Buffalo after Lehner left the game), they don't have Eichel, they don't have a lot of the tools that the Sabres have (Kane, O'Reilly, Girgensons, Ennis, Foligno, Reinhart -- hmm, with a couple good D they'd be alright) so this one should be easy, right?  Of course if you've been paying attention you'd know that for some strange reason the Sens always suck against the Leafs.  Hopefully that'll change now that we've shed the past veteran "leadership".

GO SENS GO!!!!!

Still a win is a win so I'll take it.

* What is it with Anderson and wraparounds?

Last edited by wprager on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Previews! Get your previews here!

http://senators.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2015020019&navid=sb:preview&intcmpid=sb-preview

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2015020019

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/preview?gameId=400814898

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/game/ottawa-senators-toronto-maple-leafs-20151010

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Keys to victory:
- play a full 60 minutes; always move your feet
- draw some damn penalties!
- don't take any damn penalties
- drive the net (with or without the puck)
- give Erik the puck

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Added a poll.

Speaking of polls, can we get rid of the one on the front page? It's a bit outdated, and seeing Chiasson as the top name in a list of breakout candidates is as disturbing now as it was a year ago.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Check out Mike Commodore's tweets last night as he lambasted Babcock as the Leafs were being shutout by Detroit.

GAME DAY #2 (BOO#1): Sens @ Leafs - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 10 2015 Captur10

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He's not wrong

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Pretty good GDT prags . You can be the official writer of gtd this season.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hah what was all that with commodore?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Pretty good GDT prags . You can be the official writer of gtd this season.

I definitely can't do all of them. I'll do the GTDs and you do the GDTs. Ok?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cameron says no lineup changes. Anderson stays in. I doubt they'd play O'Connor for the home opener so assuming Anderson plays back to back. This early in the season it really doesn't matter, and we need to get points early.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Also, not game-day related, but Wikstrand's agent says there's no change in his status. Funny, we haven't heard anything else about the ailing family member.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Also, not game-day related, but Wikstrand's agent says there's no change in his status.  Funny, we haven't heard anything else about the ailing family member.

Delete and re-post in correct thread, please.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Anderson and wraparounds

I agree. I've noticed that over the last couple of years. It's like it takes him an extra second to realize what's going on and by then it's too late.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:Re: Anderson and wraparounds

I agree. I've noticed that over the last couple of years. It's like it takes him an extra second to realize what's going on and by then it's too late.

Looks like he never recovered fully from being run into by Kreider. If you recall it was a high-ankle sprain on his right ankle, so he has problems going across right to left (pushing off with the right leg). It's no wonder all of the wraparounds he has trouble with are to his left.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum