GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #2 (BOO#1): Sens @ Leafs - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 10 2015

+2
Ev
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Predict the outcome of the game

GAME DAY #2 (BOO#1): Sens @ Leafs - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 10 2015 - Page 3 Vote_lcap213%GAME DAY #2 (BOO#1): Sens @ Leafs - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 10 2015 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY #2 (BOO#1): Sens @ Leafs - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 10 2015 - Page 3 Vote_lcap238%GAME DAY #2 (BOO#1): Sens @ Leafs - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 10 2015 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 38% [ 3 ]
GAME DAY #2 (BOO#1): Sens @ Leafs - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 10 2015 - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY #2 (BOO#1): Sens @ Leafs - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 10 2015 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY #2 (BOO#1): Sens @ Leafs - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 10 2015 - Page 3 Vote_lcap249%GAME DAY #2 (BOO#1): Sens @ Leafs - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 10 2015 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 49% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 8

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Not a great start to the season. Could be ugly vs. Habs.

It was like the Sens iced two separate teams. One showed up for the first half, the other mailed it in something fierce. That second half was messy.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wiercioch got benched.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Let's all just hope that this was the Sens getting the "winning in Toronto" monkey off their back. They better look tight tomorrow.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I just finished watching the game. Ya it was pretty bad that we let the lead go but come on. There was so much to like. Hoffman is deadly with his speed but still few tendencies to want to do it all. But that speed!

I'm gonna say it also, Cowen was very very good out there. Smith also showed a bit more grit and aggressive play. Nice to see.
The Ryan and sib were a bit flat, although you can see them trying, so it will come.

At this point I'd like to see wideman put in instead of boro. Maybe that happens against the Habs?

Still very happy about the start of the season even if it's scrapped. The team will get better.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:Games over

Thought there's still 15 minutes to go.

I posted that in the second period

Wasn't sure if you posted this when it was 3-0 or after they tied it up.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Not a great start to the season. Could be ugly vs. Habs.

It was like the Sens iced two separate teams. One showed up for the first half, the other mailed it in something fierce. That second half was messy.

Not quite. Leafs had 5 shots on goal in the second and scored twice. Andy wasn't exactly in beast mode.

Cowbun had the second highest icetime among D-men (one second more than Methot). If he keeps this up he'll be on the second pairing, soon. And Wiercioch has struggled, so maybe plying third pairing time and opposition would help.

How long before we see Wiseman?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cowen was a bright spot for sure. Ceci will probably drag him down though.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is the type of game Cowen needs to have. Physical presence, used his body to really push back and contain the other team, was great in front of the net. Was decent at moving the puck to the right people.
I have to admit that I got a little worried when they put him in overtime on the PK but maybe that was a just reward of trust for playing a good game and it worked to our advantage.
Now if he can play like this against all teams.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:I just finished watching the game. Ya it was pretty bad that we let the lead go but come on. There was so much to like. Hoffman is deadly with his speed but still few tendencies to want to do it all. But that speed!

I'm gonna say it also, Cowen was very very good out there. Smith also showed a bit more grit and aggressive play. Nice to see.
The Ryan and sib were a bit flat, although you can see them trying, so it will come.

At this point I'd like to see wideman put in instead of boro. Maybe that happens against the Habs?

Still very happy about the start of the season even if it's scrapped. The team will get better.

I'd like to see wideman today personally. Habs are perfect for him to go in.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dean Brown just tweeted (or at least Brennan just re-tweeted -- Deano blocked me) that Methot is not paying. We might get our wish and seen Wideman. But does that mean Wiercioch moves up to the top pairing? Ugh, not the way he's payed so far.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Dean Brown just tweeted (or at least Brennan just re-tweeted -- Deano blocked me) that Methot is not paying.  We might get our wish and seen Wideman.  But does that mean Wiercioch moves up to the top pairing?  Ugh, not the way he's payed so far.

We'll get to see how he looks away from Ceci. And we'll get to see whoever plays with Ceci suddenly and mysteriously struggle. Laugh1

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Did I really see a special camera to show Babs' coaching prowess up close? Or was that just some Cussed up dream?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Dean Brown just tweeted (or at least Brennan just re-tweeted -- Deano blocked me) that Methot is not paying.  We might get our wish and seen Wideman.  But does that mean Wiercioch moves up to the top pairing?  Ugh, not the way he's payed so far.

Methot is playing. That tweet was from the last preseason game.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:

That's a pleasant surprised.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Dean Brown just tweeted (or at least Brennan just re-tweeted -- Deano blocked me) that Methot is not paying.  We might get our wish and seen Wideman.  But does that mean Wiercioch moves up to the top !pairing?  Ugh, not the way he's payed so far.

Ah, that's good. I don't even remember why Deano blocked me. For a large man he is remarkably thin skinned.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum