GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #17: Rangers @ Sens - 1:00pm - Saturday Nov. 14 2015

+6
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY #17: Rangers @ Sens - 1:00pm - Saturday Nov. 14 2015

GAME DAY #17: Rangers @ Sens - 1:00pm - Saturday Nov. 14 2015 Large GAME DAY #17: Rangers @ Sens - 1:00pm - Saturday Nov. 14 2015 At-24-000000 GAME DAY #17: Rangers @ Sens - 1:00pm - Saturday Nov. 14 2015 Large

The Sens started their five game home stand with a decent win over the slumping Vancouver Canucks.  Captain Karlsson put on a show with a goal and an assist, the powerplay clicked for 2 goals -- including Wideman's second in as many games, and up until the stinker with 34 seconds to go Hammond stopped every shot directed at the net (the first goal went in off a skate -- technically not a shot directed at the net).  Bobby Ryan scored again, and is actually almost on a 31-goal, 70 point pace.  Karlsson is now second in D scoring with 15 points in 15 games.  The powerplay has produced goals in three straight games, going 5 for 9 over that stretch.  However that didn't prevent the Sens from dropping two of those games.

The Rangers are coming in *hot*.  12-2-2 with their best 16-game start in team history, New York has won 7 straight.  New York has terrific team speed and one of the best goalies in the league.  They are 4th best in goals for per game, and tops in goals against.  If there is an Achilles Heel it's their powerplay, which sits 19th in the league.  They also, surprisingly, give up a lot of shots on goal -- while the Sens lead the league, the Rangers are not far behind, sitting at 28th, but still more than 2 shots per game fewer.

They key to this game -- according to Pierre -- is for the Sens to get on the Rangers early and get out to a lead.  I'd add that they need to be aggressive in all three zones to take advantage of the PP disparity.

I believe Anderson will start.  Hammond's only regulation loss in his career was a 5-1 loss to the Rangers.

GO SENS GO!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Preview: http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2015020246

Line juggling at practice had Michalek up with Turris and Hoffman with Pageau.

Cowen hurt blocking a shot and didn't skate yesterday; he is "questionable".

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Should be pretty even since neither team has the Babcock factor.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Excellent point!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cowen wouldn't fare well against the Rags, so it's just as well that he's out.

If Matrix stands on his head, we've got a good chance.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He is more effective if he stays on his skates. Hammond is the one who stops pucks with his head.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cameron confirms Cowen is out; Weircioch draws in. Wideman remains freed.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Cameron confirms Cowen is out; Weircioch draws in.  Wideman remains freed.

Ouch 7-0 Ramgers Beerjumping

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:
wprager wrote:Cameron confirms Cowen is out; Weircioch draws in.  Wideman remains freed.

Ouch 7-0 Ramgers Beerjumping

Hmm. I hate seeing games when I know the outcome before hand. I guess I'll be sitting this one out.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This will undoubtably be a hard one.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Preview: http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2015020246

I don't like the sound of that. Hoffman should play on the top 2 lines.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:This will undoubtably be a hard one.

I thought it might be a good test but the 7 - 0 loss is disappointing for sure. Who we playing next?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Preview: http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2015020246

I don't like the sound of that. Hoffman should play on the top 2 lines.

Hoffman is on the top line.

Not that it matters since the score is already settled.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wow...on a Saturday we actually get the TSN broadcast. Sweet.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Triple anthem with the French anthem included...nice touch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum