GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #26: Islanders @ Sens - 7:00pm - Saturday Dec. 5 2015

+6
Ev
PTFlea
tim1_2
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY #26: Islanders @ Sens - 7:00pm - Saturday Dec. 5 2015
(The "I'm actually hanging the friggin' lights!" edition)

GAME DAY #26: Islanders @ Sens - 7:00pm - Saturday Dec. 5 2015 Large GAME DAY #26: Islanders @ Sens - 7:00pm - Saturday Dec. 5 2015 At-24-000000 GAME DAY #26: Islanders @ Sens - 7:00pm - Saturday Dec. 5 2015 Large

(I can't believe I have to re-type this all over again -- is there a way to prevent Firefox from *ever* interpreting a backspace as a BACK action???!)

So, as you should know, the Senators are running a "Twelve Games of Christmas" promo, since they will play 12 games in December before the Christmas break.   With that in mind, I present to you the first stanza of The Twelve Games of Christmas (and if you expect me to do this 11 more times you are delusional, and very likely wrong):

In the First Game of (the Twelve Games of)Christmas my true Sens gave to me, a win o'er the Champs of Stanley.

It was not a perfect game by any means, and the Sens certainly did not play a full 60 minutes, but then this happened and the crowd (most of them) went home happy:

On the play, Karlsson wrestled the puck away from Keith, pushed it forward and then left Kane eating his dust.  Hoffman did what Hoffman does.  In many ways it was a replay of the dying seconds of regulation when Karlsson fed Hoffman, who rang one off the post with 0.2 seconds to go.  Hoffman had quite the game as he also opened the scoring a minute and a half into the game, then added an assist.  Karlsson finished with 3 assists, and Ryan chipped in a goal and two helpers to join the 3-point club.  

Although Anderson is expected to start, Hammond is ready to come back and should be the backup.  With two games in two nights, we will probably see the Hamburglar back between the pipes tomorrow at MSG.  Up-front, Zibanejad took part in line rushes, but David Dziurzynski has been recalled from Bingo, so it may be a game time decision (or maybe someone else sits).  Dizzy's one and only NHL goal came in a game against he Islanders -- maybe Cameron is playing a hunch.

The Islanders played Friday night, coming away with a 2-1 SO win against the Blues.  They also won a 2-1 SO game against the Rangers on Wednesday night, so this is their third game in four nights, with both of the first two games going the extra distance.  (How many times have the Sens now faced a tired opponent?  Five or six by my count.  Melnyk must have spent part of the "budget" on bribing the schedule maker.)   Interestingly, the Islanders played the backup (Greiss) last night, so Halak (who beat the Sens in his 2 games last season) will start tonight.  

Winnable game.  Secondary scoring would be helpful as I don't think Hoffman can keep up this ridiculous shooting percentage (something like 35% over the last 6 games).

GO SENS GO!!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wiercioch comes out. Zibanejad and Dziurzynski will play. By my count that's still 13 forwards, so who else comes out?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Apparently Greening was sent back. They bring him up for 3 games. He sits out 2 as a healthy scratch and they lose 2. Then he plays 1 and they win against the reigning Champs. So they send him back to Bingo.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Apparently Greening was sent back.

I didn't post this because I thought it was old news. (heard it at noon yesterday)

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tough for greening but that's reality.
Pretty happy to see zib back.

On another I'm on my way to Ottawa to go see the game!!!

I think it's been years since I haven't seen a non habs sens game. If I recall my last game at CTC mike fisher scored in OT against Dallas. I'm sure there's been another game since but I can't recall.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I didn't post this because I thought it was old news. (heard it at noon yesterday)

GAME DAY #26: Islanders @ Sens - 7:00pm - Saturday Dec. 5 2015 Alittlebehind

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I just realized that the 1st Game of Christmas was actually the 4-2 loss to the Flyers. So, a quick re-write:

In the First Game of Christmas my true Sens gave to me, a loss to that team from Philly.
In the Second Game of Christmas my true Sens gave to me, two Hoffman goals, and a loss to that team from Philly.

Hey, I have a stew going.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

GAME DAY #26: Islanders @ Sens - 7:00pm - Saturday Dec. 5 2015 Alittlebehind

GAME DAY #26: Islanders @ Sens - 7:00pm - Saturday Dec. 5 2015 852933671

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Thank you for another stellar GDT, Walter.

I expect Ottawa to have a bit of a let down tonight after the emotional W on Thursday. That said, we can still win since we're pretty much the best. I expect Matrix to steal the show.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Thank you for another stellar GDT, Walter.

I expect Ottawa to have a bit of a let down tonight after the emotional W on Thursday. That said, we can still win since we're pretty much the best. I expect Matrix to steal the show.

Third game in four nights for the Islanders, with both games, so far, going to a shootout. The Islanders play a rough, physical game, and they just played the Rangers and Blues. You've got to wonder how much gas will be left in their tank. It's a trap game, for sure, after winning an OT thriller against the Champs, but it's certainly a game they can and should win.

Dziurzynski and Cizikas in the same game -- this could be a Coach's Corner to remember.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nice gdt. They're becoming a staple.

Cameron must flat out not like Greening. I mean,....4 minutes to prove yourself?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Still can't believe Mel and I thought about DD last night and wondered if the Sens would ever give him another chance.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Nice gdt.  They're becoming a staple.

Cameron must flat out not like Greening.  I mean,....4 minutes to prove yourself?  

In Cameron's defense, did Greening look like he even tried anything last night? I think I saw about a half second's worth of effort just before he fell down. He's set when he retires (next year) and goes in front of the camera. He's a natural. And he'll be coming to that profession with a pile of cash from his last contract, unlike most guys in the business. He'll have connections to players, to boot.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, a little daylight still left. Just got a string of those LED lights with built-in clips from CT. Why didn't someone think of this before I spent all that money on crappy lights, crappy clips, crappy time putting up the crappy lights using the crappy clips.

I'm going all out this year, compared to last (last year I had *nothing*). A string of blue LEDs over the garage, falling icicles in the transom above the front door, some "net" lights (don't know what to call them) top of the livingroom window, some figurine lights in the window (sled, star, candle, angel) and maybe even some lights on our front-yard tree.

Got tired just thinking about it.

OK, any second now. Just have to finish this coffee.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Nice gdt.  They're becoming a staple.

Cameron must flat out not like Greening.  I mean,....4 minutes to prove yourself?  

In Cameron's defense, did Greening look like he even tried anything last night?  I think I saw about a half second's worth of effort just before he fell down.  He's set when he retires (next year) and goes in front of the camera.  He's a natural.  And he'll be coming to that profession with a pile of cash from his last contract, unlike most guys in the business.  He'll have connections to players, to boot.

Nobody tried last night

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum