GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #17: Rangers @ Sens - 1:00pm - Saturday Nov. 14 2015

+6
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Look, just saying he stole a point or a game does not equate with greatness.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I do watch. He has been good, he has been bad, he has been lucky, but he has not been great.

We know you have a busy life. It's ok to admit you don't watch.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I haven't watched a single game this season. I've heard Ceci is real real good though.

Thoughts SSF?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Both of the arguments are somewhat valid. Hander son has been good. Has he let in some stinkers? Sure. But show me an nhl tender who doesnt at times. He's not playing in a way to get him into a Verona nomination but he's unquestionably playing like a number 1.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Verona nominations are over hyped anyway. Hander son has been better in the past, which raises expectations.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Such Dung. Anderson is doing a great job behind one of the worst defenses in the NHL.

Agreed. This is one reason I want the Sens to pursue Russell. Shot-blocking isn't great for advanced stats, but it's great for a team that faces more shots than any other in the league. If 5 or 6 of those end up bouncing off Russell, that might mean a couple extra wins.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I haven't watched a single game this season. I've heard Ceci is real real good though.

Thoughts SSF?

He's been so good that no one on this forum would consider dealing him for The Cros. True story.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Verona nominations are over hyped anyway.  Hander son has been better in the past, which raises expectations.
Har har. We both know what I meant and what autocorrect prevented me from writing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Such Dung. Anderson is doing a great job behind one of the worst defenses in the NHL.

Agreed. This is one reason I want the Sens to pursue Russell. Shot-blocking isn't great for advanced stats, but it's great for a team that faces more shots than any other in the league. If 5 or 6 of those end up bouncing off Russell, that might mean a couple extra wins.

Philly gives up almost as many shots per game and Neuvirth has a SV% of .939. If Anderson (.912) is doing great behind a bad defense, then should Neuvirth be getting the Verona?

Look I'm not saying we lose because of bad goaltending, but we're also not winning everything because of great goaltending. Sure both goalies have stolen a few points, but we have not won a single game 1-0. Let's not cannonize him quite yet.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:

Philly gives up almost as many shots per game and Neuvirth has a SV% of .939.  If Anderson (.912) is doing great behind a bad defense, then should Neuvirth be getting the Verona?

Look I'm not saying we lose because of bad goaltending, but we're also not winning everything because of great goaltending. Sure both goalies have stolen a few points, but we have not won a single game 1-0.  Let's not cannonize him quite yet.

So are those shots the same quality scoring chances Ottawa is facing every night?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:

Philly gives up almost as many shots per game and Neuvirth has a SV% of .939.  If Anderson (.912) is doing great behind a bad defense, then should Neuvirth be getting the Verona?

Look I'm not saying we lose because of bad goaltending, but we're also not winning everything because of great goaltending. Sure both goalies have stolen a few points, but we have not won a single game 1-0.  Let's not cannonize him quite yet.

So are those shots the same quality scoring chances Ottawa is facing every night?

I don't watch a lot of Flyers games and I did not find any readily available stats. There are some shot quality measurements being done but at this point the only ones that can be gleaned from existing data are distance to the net, which is only one measure of shot quality.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum