GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #17: Rangers @ Sens - 1:00pm - Saturday Nov. 14 2015

+6
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Matrix was great...again.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Matrix was great...again.

Again?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Yes, again. If you take away the previous game he played, he's been very good. It wouldn't be fair to say Hammond has been better because of the smaller sample size.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Yes, again.  If you take away the previous game he played, he's been very good.  It wouldn't be fair to say Hammond has been better because of the smaller sample size.

I haven't minded his game but he hasn't been very good this season. He's been good but not very good. The Dave percentage was not where is needs to be at

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Is TUrris actually ok?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Yes, again.  If you take away the previous game he played, he's been very good.  It wouldn't be fair to say Hammond has been better because of the smaller sample size.

I haven't minded his game but he hasn't been very good this season.  He's been good but not very good.  The Dave percentage was not where is needs to be at

I'm not as well-versed in advanced stats as you may think, especially the new goalie ones. What does "Dave" percentage measure?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Turris is not at practice but at this point it's too early to say. I'm not even sure if he missed a shift, maybe just one, so I think he'll still play. Probably just getting treatment on it.

Cowen, also missing practice. No-one said anything about a break, but I still remember Buddy Robinson taking a shot in the rookie tournament and he missed over a month. Didn't hear anything about a break that time. In Cowen's case he finished the game, though, so probably not as bad.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Turris took a maintenance day and has not been ruled out for tomorrow. However, Cowen is "doubtful" as he could not skate today. Joke if you have 'em.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

People in Ottawa just can't appreciate good goaltending when we have it. It's apparently just our nature.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's not just Ottawa. Price was booed in Montreal just a few years ago. Remember the pre-season where he told the fans to relax? That was just two years ago.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:People in Ottawa just can't appreciate good goaltending when we have it. It's apparently just our nature.

Nor offensive skill.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That said, Anderson has not been great. Look at the numbers. Of the starting goalies (10+ starts) he's got the 14th best SV%. "Great" would be top 5. Very good would be top 10. 14 is very much middle-of-the-pack. If you lower the bar to 4 games played (to include Hammond) then Hammond makes it into the top-10; meanwhile Anderson slips all the way to 28th. So, not only is he middle-of-the-pack among starters, but he is also behind more than a dozen backups.

It's early, and that one game where he gave up 7 skews the stats, for sure, but it's pretty plain to see that Anderson is not having a great season so far.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Such Dung. Anderson is doing a great job behind one of the worst defenses in the NHL.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Such Dung. Anderson is doing a great job behind one of the worst defenses in the NHL.

The quality of chances he faces certainly has to considered. It usually helps to actually watch games instead of leaning solely on numbers. Some people never learn. Greg anderson is great. No question.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I do watch. He has been good, he has been bad, he has been lucky, but he has not been great.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Look, just saying he stole a point or a game does not equate with greatness.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I do watch. He has been good, he has been bad, he has been lucky, but he has not been great.

We know you have a busy life. It's ok to admit you don't watch.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I haven't watched a single game this season. I've heard Ceci is real real good though.

Thoughts SSF?

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum