GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015

+5
Ev
NEELY
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He's a key piece of our team. With his speed I'd say we could use another player exactly like that.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Ryan looks better. He's getting there.
Team was ok tonight, missed a lot of shots, probably out of gas. Can't complain.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:He's a key piece of our team.  With his speed I'd say we could use another player exactly like that.  

Naw we need a proven legit star. Not a maybe.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not really gonna complain. Certainly I feel like we missed a lot of opportunities on an average goalie, but we'll see how they come out next game.

I'd complain if this happens again Saturday though. And I'm sure Cameron will tell them how he feels.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:He's a key piece of our team.  With his speed I'd say we could use another player exactly like that.  

Naw we need a proven legit star. Not a maybe.

He's got the tools and he's showing some consistency - which was my concern. I don't see a reason why he can't score a ton of goals and have a heck of a year personally.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I like that young Hoffman fella.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:Ryan looks better. He's getting there.
Team was ok tonight, missed a lot of shots, probably out of gas. Can't complain.

I think with Ryan it's all between the ears at this point. He needs to just believe in himself and gain some confidence. He's being to quick on his attack and wasting possible opportunities by not holding a bit more. Well anyways I noticed that a few times. Once he gets a few in that should help get a lot .

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Our record was better than we deserved to this point and it showed last night. Ugly.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah last night was a stinker. So many shots against and shoddy defensive zone coverage. One would think we needed an experienced second pairing player...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think at this point Cowen is outplaying Wiercioch, so move him up to the second pairing. As for the third pairing, would you rather have Wiercioch and Boro playing his off-side or either of them on the left side and Wideman on the right?

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Ceci
Weircioch-Wideman

Slot in Boro if you expect some rough stuff. Also same consideration for Neil -- play him against rougher teams, Puempel for the others.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, and it's Hammond Time. I'm a little tired of hearing how great Anderson was in this period, or that one. He's given up bad goals in each game. Maybe some competition will push him to perform better.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I think at this point Cowen is outplaying Wiercioch, so move him up to the second pairing.  As for the third pairing, would you rather have Wiercioch and Boro playing his off-side or either of them on the left side and Wideman on the right?

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Ceci
Weircioch-Wideman

Slot in Boro if you expect some rough stuff.  Also same consideration for Neil -- play him against rougher teams, Puempel for the others.

I think you'll find that making the switch with Cowen and Wiercioch will find Wiercioch suddenly and magically play better, and Cowen play worse. Wonder why.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Oh, and it's Hammond Time.  I'm a little tired of hearing how great Anderson was in this period, or that one.  He's given up bad goals in each game.  Maybe some competition will push him to perform better.

Greg Anderson was solid again. Actually scoring a few goals would have helped the Sens last night.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Yeah last night was a stinker. So many shots against and shoddy defensive zone coverage.  One would think we needed an experienced second pairing player...

On the right side? Yes. Please.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Oh, and it's Hammond Time.  I'm a little tired of hearing how great Anderson was in this period, or that one.  He's given up bad goals in each game.  Maybe some competition will push him to perform better.

Whaaaaat? I can see saying this for just about any other game this year, but last night? If not for Anderson, last night's game would have been a blow out. Moreover, both goals were on odd man rushes, with one of the best players in the world left alone to score the first goal and with an impressive rookie left all alone to score the 2nd.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anderson has a 930 save percentage...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, Anderson is fine.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Malkin goal should have been stopped.  Went right through him.  Malkin had nowhere to go as Karlsson kept him to the outside and Ryan was covering #57.  This wasn't a clear breakaway it was a stoppable shot.  It went in between his blocker arm and his body, so it's not like Malkin picked a corner.  And it wasn't tipped.  It was awful!

Second one was more on Karlsson, perhaps, or Neil tripping over an imaginary line, but then the puck carrier (after Neil's plunge) was way over at the boards.  No way he could shoot and score from there, the way he was positioned, but Anderson was way over to his right, deep in the crease.

Look how far over he is just as the pas comes across.  Did he think Cullen was going to rim it around and was preparing to go behind the goal?  At most he should have his right skate on the post, and preparing to push off if there is a pass.  He's not even close to being in the correct position.

GAME DAY #5: Sens @ Penguins - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Oct. 15 2015 - Page 4 Captur12

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum