GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

DAY #15: Sens @ Predators - 8:00pm - Tuesday Nov. 10 2015

+7
spader
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
Ev
PTFlea
tim1_2
wprager
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:i would trade any forward for a top pairing defenseman.
Nope! We are short on top end forwards. But I do agree we do need a stron D in there and that's our top priority.

We probably have 4-5 better forwards than Nashville other than Forsberg and yet everyone and their mother will tell you they are a better hockey team.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:I thin k the sens make a trade very soon for a Columbus Calgary or Colorado .  I'd kill for jack Johnson or Kris Russell
Columbus is dying for some D , why would they trade one of their better ones?
Calgary... Maybe. I'm not sure if Russell feels like a sexy trade to me but maybe.

Come on Bryan we need a Turris like home run!

Kriss Russel is awesome, he probably blocks more than shots than our whole D corps combined.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah Russell was a great pick-up for my fantasy team. At the same time you kind of wonder how long a player that size could keep up sacrificing his body like that.

Who would you offer for Russell? I wouldn't touch our top-line, and I'm reticent to move Zibanejad or Lazar (less so Lazar). I doubt Wiercioch + Puempel/Prince + a pick gets it done though -- isn't he an alternate captain for Calgary? I think they're more likely to try to move Wideman. I guess you could package Lazar and hope that Colin White can step in soon (and Nick Paul I suppose).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Too bad worst rand left,  he'd be up here right now.

I tried running that through Google Translate and it couldn't understand that, either. Are you talking about Wikstrand, perhaps? I'd much rather give Claesson a shot, at least he will recognize the ice surface.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well I only watched until the early goings of the third. I thought last 2-goals wins it and I guess I was right (then they added the third one just to rub it in). If Weircioch doesn't sit after that one I don't know what it takes. He was -3, and that's not counting the powerplay goal he gave them by clearing the puck over the glass. I don't get it, he was on the left side, so should have been on his forehand, and I don't think there was *that much* pressure. The only time pressure can be used as an excuse for clearing the puck like that is if the guy's on top of you, in which case you should at least try to deflect it off his stick.

On one of the goals he got pushed from behind into the boards. Not sure I cam blame him entirely for that one, as I've seen that same play many times before with a penalty coming out of it. But he's got to be stronger on his skates, for sure.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So Anderson has two great games in a row (Montreal and Winnipeg) and, without a back-to-back game in sight, Cameron goes with Hammond. I don't think anyone understood that move at the time. Shades of MacLean with Lehner? Doubt it had much to do with Anderson's performance tonight, but it's still a strange move to make.

Two wins, then two losses. Two chances to run a 3 game winning streak with a loss each time. This team is eerily similar to MacLean's team last year.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:So Anderson has two great games in a row (Montreal and Winnipeg) and, without a back-to-back game in sight, Cameron goes with Hammond.  I don't think anyone understood that move at the time.  Shades of MacLean with Lehner?  Doubt it had much to do with Anderson's performance tonight, but it's still a strange move to make.

Two wins, then two losses.  Two chances to run a 3 game winning streak with a loss each time.  This team is eerily similar to MacLean's team last year.

We're better than macleans team. We're in a playoff spot. Also starting Hammond was clearly the right call. He has had success against Carolina and Aderson needs a break at some point. You weren't starting Hammond against Nashville.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

asq2 wrote:Yeah Russell was a great pick-up for my fantasy team. At the same time you kind of wonder how long a player that size could keep up sacrificing his body like that.

Who would you offer for Russell? I wouldn't touch our top-line, and I'm reticent to move Zibanejad or Lazar (less so Lazar). I doubt Wiercioch + Puempel/Prince + a pick gets it done though -- isn't he an alternate captain for Calgary? I think they're more likely to try to move Wideman. I guess you could package Lazar and hope that Colin White can step in soon (and Nick Paul I suppose).

I'd rather trade zibanejad over lazar. But I wouldn't want to trade either at this point. I think you just package your 1st round pick and Wiercioch to grab a d.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah no need for a 1st round pick right now with Chabot and White, Paul etc. I'd trade it any day because I believe in our prospects.
Cowen was good until he was paired with Boro.
Wiercioch and Boro are not NHL D-men.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:Yeah no need for a 1st round pick right now with Chabot and White, Paul etc. I'd trade it any day because I believe in our prospects.

I think Boro is and he's just a sophomore, but he's obviously just an average to below average one and he's getting paid like it

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:So Anderson has two great games in a row (Montreal and Winnipeg) and, without a back-to-back game in sight, Cameron goes with Hammond.  I don't think anyone understood that move at the time.  Shades of MacLean with Lehner?  Doubt it had much to do with Anderson's performance tonight, but it's still a strange move to make.

Two wins, then two losses.  Two chances to run a 3 game winning streak with a loss each time.  This team is eerily similar to MacLean's team last year.

We're better than macleans team. We're in a playoff spot. Also starting Hammond was clearly the right call. He has had success against Carolina and Aderson needs a break at some point. You weren't starting Hammond against Nashville.

What's wrong with giving Andy 7 in a row?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:Yeah no need for a 1st round pick right now with Chabot and White, Paul etc. I'd trade it any day because I believe in our prospects.

I think Boro is and he's just a sophomore, but he's obviously just an average to below average one and he's getting paid like it

Boro is what he is. Cameron is trying to use him as if he was something else.

Play him on the third pairing, on his left side, against teams that are bigger and slower. Sit him against smaller, faster teams. *DO NOT* make him play his wrong side. *DO NOT* pay him with another non-puck-moving defenseman.

It's not all on Weircioch, either. He wasn't great last night, true, but is he really playing any differently than he did last year or is it Ceci who has regressed a bit? Perhaps a little from both. Maybe they need to play a little less? Maybe it's time to split up Karlsson and Methot and play 65-46 and 5-3 as the 1A/1B pairings, then 43-75 or 45-2 at the bottom.

Short-term, though, Weircioch needs to come out after last night. Move Cowen up to play with Ceci and Wideman-Borowiecki in the bottom pairing.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:

He would be fine on a team with a very good top 4, but when you have 3 other players still trying to find their way playing with him, it isn't pretty. How many teams have 3 defensemen that have question marks as to what will they bring to the table season after season?

Methot is our only complete defenseman, everyone else is average to awful in at least one category, either skating, hockey sense, toughness, passing etc.
If we had another Methot-like defenseman it would change the team drastically.

Nashville's defense had 23 shots on goal last night. As I watched the game I was wondering why the forwards were always caught down low instead of covering the points. Turns out the wingers were busy double teaming with the defesemen because they probably didn't trust them

Last edited by LeCaptain on Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

Boro is what he is. Cameron is trying to use him as if he was something else.

Play him on the third pairing, on his left side, against teams that are bigger and slower.  Sit him against smaller, faster teams.  *DO NOT* make him play his wrong side.  *DO NOT* pay him with another non-puck-moving defenseman.

It's not all on Weircioch, either.  He wasn't great last night, true, but is he really playing any differently than he did last year or is it Ceci who has regressed a bit?  Perhaps a little from both.  Maybe they need to play a little less?  Maybe it's time to split up Karlsson and Methot and play 65-46 and 5-3 as the 1A/1B pairings, then 43-75 or 45-2 at the bottom.  

Short-term, though, Weircioch needs to come out after last night.  Move Cowen up to play with Ceci and Wideman-Borowiecki in the bottom pairing.

Cowen played with Ceci yesterday, Boro played with Wiercioch.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Just looked at the stats. 5th best offense in the league, 3rd worst defense.
Please tell me Murray is working the phones.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:Just looked at the stats. 5th best offense in the league, 3rd worst defense.

My sources say he's going "All in."

DAY #15: Sens @ Predators - 8:00pm - Tuesday Nov. 10 2015 - Page 4 All_in10

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Why are you even talking about goaltending when it hasn't been a problem? Hammond stole a point for us in Carolina and Anderson's been very good with the exception of last night. Your fixation on the goalies sometimes is so far off it's just silly. The problem is our team defence, and that's that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeCaptain wrote:Just looked at the stats. 5th best offense in the league, 3rd worst defense.

Yeah, it's time to get going. We're a strong offensive team with 2 legitimate D-men and 1 up and comer in Ceci. We have a good number 6, but this team is missing a number 3 man in a huge way.

Problem is...they're hard to get.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum