GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+13
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
spader
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
Ev
PTFlea
LeCaptain
wprager
SensHulk
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 51 of 67]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

I guess we have to accept that Murray wasn't a genius when he and Burkie had that exchange at the draft table in Cowen's draft year. :crossarms: :crossarms:

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:I guess we have to accept that Murray wasn't a genius when he and Burkie had that exchange at the draft table in Cowen's draft year. :crossarms: :crossarms:

It seemed for a few years that we got the better player, but that has changed now. The sad thing is that the whole problem seems to be between Cowen's ears.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
spader wrote:I guess we have to accept that Murray wasn't a genius when he and Burkie had that exchange at the draft table in Cowen's draft year. :crossarms: :crossarms:

It seemed for a few years that we got the better player, but that has changed now.  The sad thing is that the whole problem seems to be between Cowen's ears.

Very unintelligent player on the ice. One of the least intelligent I can recall seeing. Him and Schubert (who I liked a Diddle of a lot more than Cowen) both had semblances of talent, but nothing between the ears.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dzurizykcksznki cleared waivers and is headed back to Bingo.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:The problem with Ceci is he's being asked to play above his head.  He should be on the 3rd pairing with BoroCop.

Cowen for Gagner?  Whatever, as long as it means I don't have to watch Cowen in a Sens jersey anymore.

Yup sheltered minutes on the 3rd pairing and maybe a move up if he shows huge improvement.

Don't necessarily agree. He's been playing with Wiercioch, who has regressed a ton since the second half last year. Wiercioch is very slow and because of that Ceci has to cover a lot more ice than he should be at this point. I wouldn't mind seeing Methot with Ceci on the second pairing and first PK unit, then the play-by-play nightmare pairing of Wiercioch and Borowiecki on the bottom. Ceci and Wier can then fill in on the 2nd PP unit if EK ever gets tired.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wiercioch has regressed a ton because he's played a ton with The Cecer.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ceci is a stud, plain and simple. Drew Doughty upside and the key to our backend. Very happy to have him back.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not stud yet, but 6'3" mobile defenseman who at 21 was a regular on the PK and had (at least in the past) demonstrated offensive capabilities? Oh, and he's a RHS. Those are very hard to find.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Ceci is a stud, plain and simple. Drew Doughty upside and the key to our backend. Very happy to have him back.

That's a silly statement when talking about someone other than Karlsson. Ceci could be a key player for sure, but Karlsson is obviously THE key to our back end.

That said, I think he has a good upside. I'm just not sure who a comparable player is right now. I don't know what we have in Ceci today.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ottawa does not have the assets to top a Montreal offer for Drouin. - McGuire

more to come.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Ottawa does not have the assets to top a Montreal offer for Drouin. - McGuire

more to come.

That's fine. I wouldn't want to give up a ton for him anyway. Let the French have the Frenchie. They'll be so happy.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:Ottawa does not have the assets to top a Montreal offer for Drouin. - McGuire

more to come.

I Bet that was on Montreal radio

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:

more to come.

I Bet that was on Montreal radio

That's so bang on. Congrats to you on being so enlightened... See what I did there? StickmanDancing

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Of *course* they have the assets, but will they want to give up those assets is another question. For Montreal the allure of a *French* super-skilled player is very strong. I had to drop my kid off at McGill today so I drove down and spent some time, listening to Marinaro. I forget who his guests were (Nilan came on later but there were others earlier) but he asked them, who are the untouchables? And he then started listing Price, PK, Patches, Galchenyuk, Gallagher. The others pretty much laughed him down and said the untouchable are Price and that's it. You want a player like Drouin then you have to give up a player like Drouin (if not better). The recent Johansen/Jones trade is the formula you look at. Are you willing to give up Pacioretty? Galchenyuk (I really have no idea why they are so high on this kid, he's shown nothing special so far)? Because it certainly won't be a package of "others" like Tinordi, Eller, etc.

So, yes, the Sens could offer Ceci, Hoffman, Stone -- that's the kind of trade it will be, it's not going to be Cowen+Greening+pick.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lol, the package will not be equivalent to Ceci, Hoffman, AND Stone. You're crazy.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Lol, the package will not be equivalent to Ceci, Hoffman, AND Stone. You're crazy.

I'm talking about a one-for-one trade you doofus.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Or maybe one of those and a bit more. Drouin has proven nothing and is still very much an unknown quantity.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wonder if Ottawa would trade Cowen straight up for tinordi. Both guys aren't playing. Both have decreased value. I would think tinordi couldn't be as bad as Cowen on the third pairing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 51 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum