GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+13
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
spader
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
Ev
PTFlea
LeCaptain
wprager
SensHulk
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 52 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Lol, the package will not be equivalent to Ceci, Hoffman, AND Stone. You're crazy.

I'm talking about a one-for-one trade you doofus.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Or maybe one of those and a bit more. Drouin has proven nothing and is still very much an unknown quantity.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wonder if Ottawa would trade Cowen straight up for tinordi. Both guys aren't playing. Both have decreased value. I would think tinordi couldn't be as bad as Cowen on the third pairing.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

TheAvatar wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Ottawa does not have the assets to top a Montreal offer for Drouin. - McGuire

more to come.

I Bet that was on Montreal radio
To be fair he was prompted to comment on a package of Beaulieu-Scherbak and a pick.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:I wonder if Ottawa would trade Cowen straight up for tinordi. Both guys aren't playing. Both have decreased value. I would think tinordi couldn't be as bad as Cowen on the third pairing.
No way Montreal bites on that. Contracts are nowhere near comparable.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Ottawa does not have the assets to top a Montreal offer for Drouin. - McGuire

more to come.

To be fair he was prompted to comment on a package of Beaulieu-Scherbak and a pick.  

True. And he proceeded to say we can't beat that which I strongly disagree with.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:

more to come.

True. And he proceeded to say we can't beat that which I strongly disagree with.
I would kind of agree with that statement. I think Montreal could outbid us. It's not that we don't have pieces but it's more a question of pieces we'd want to part with. I'm not so keen to part with Chabot or white.

Edit: well it's not that I wouldn't want to part with those guys but I imagine the costs would be much higher and I'd rather keep those guys if it means one of them, a pick and someone like Hoffman. I know how down some of you can be on Hoffman but unless he won't resign then I'm not interested in dealing him for a guy that still hasn't shown any consistency in the NHL and that had a huge drop in scoring once he didn't play with mackinnon. I know he's a playmaker winger but still. When all is said and done he might be overvalued. The recent knock I've seen on him is that his abilities to outplay opponents in junior are so great at a faster, tougher NHL level and that's a big reason why he's struggling.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It wouldn't be more than Hoffman and a pick. Drouin has had a problem cracking that lineup in light of all their injuries. He's still a huge unknown at this point.

They were discussing yesterday how Galchenyuk for Drouin would make the Habs a stronger team in 2 years, but a weaker one now. In two years we have no idea where he will be but if they are saying that *now* it would make the team weaker then I really question how "good" he is. Galchenyuk -- if you take away all the hype coming out of Montreal -- is an OK player, but far from a superstar. Hoffman came close to 30 in his rookie year, playing restricted minutes on a mediocre team. In his follow-up season he's on pace for nearly 40, still struggling to earn PP time. He could explode for another coach.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:It wouldn't be more than Hoffman and a pick.  Drouin has had a problem cracking that lineup in light of all their injuries.  He's still a huge unknown at this point.  

They were discussing yesterday how Galchenyuk for Drouin would make the Habs a stronger team in 2 years, but a weaker one now.  In two years we have no idea where he will be but if they are saying that *now* it would make the team weaker then I really question how "good" he is.  Galchenyuk -- if you take away all the hype coming out of Montreal -- is an OK player, but far from a superstar.  Hoffman came close to 30 in his rookie year, playing restricted minutes on a mediocre team.  In his follow-up season he's on pace for nearly 40, still struggling to earn PP time.  He could explode for another coach.  
Galcheniuk still needs to develop his game. He's a couple of years away from reaching his full potential.

Personally I really question why drouin' value is so high. I mean, he was pretty lights out in junior and has that sexy drafting position. That's all shinny and all but his game hasn't translated yet to the NHL level. Even with Turris in Phoenix, the pundits were saying he wasn't given the chance he needed and whenever he had been playing on the top 2 lines he'd been great. You can't say that about drouin. There's a huge buye beware on him. I'm not sure I'd want to give what is looking more and more like a known commodity in Hoffman (unless there's resigning issues) and a more for him.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The bottom line e here is that Drouin is a risk and would cost a lot. If we're going to give up a lot, it should be for a top 4 defenceman. I don't have much interest in Drouin, and would much rather pursue Shattenkirk who is said to be available.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:The bottom line e here is that Drouin is a risk and would cost a lot. If we're going to give up a lot, it should be for a top 4 defenceman. I don't have much interest in Drouin, and would much rather pursue Shattenkirk who is said to be available.
Amen to that!
Although shattenkirk is only available for a scoring threat .mnot sure we can offer one of those(unless hoff won't resign) and even then shattenkirk is a UFA next year. Would he test or sign? But that's the type of player we need for sure.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I was listening to the Luke Richardson interview from last week and apperently puempel is on a tear down there and is showing the form that got him called up and performed well last year before he got injured. He was saying how he was being paired with grinders and being the one creating opportunities.
Would like to see him get another shot up here soon. Especially if we do end up making a move for a top 4 Dman

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There's no sense bringing Puempel up unless someone else gets injured. The team is getting healthier with 9mm back and they're also playing pretty well.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:The bottom line e here is that Drouin is a risk and would cost a lot. If we're going to give up a lot, it should be for a top 4 defenceman. I don't have much interest in Drouin, and would much rather pursue Shattenkirk who is said to be available.
Amen to that!
Although shattenkirk is only available for a scoring threat .mnot sure we can offer one of those(unless hoff won't resign) and even then shattenkirk is a UFA next year. Would he test or sign? But that's the type of player we need for sure.

I've said this before, but I really think a player like Russell would be a huge pickup/signing. He'd slot into that LD spot on the second pairing and provide a lot of defensive acumen. I think he'd stabilize the D better than most options. He's only 28 and his cap hit on this contract is only $2.6M. I think that, while he wouldn't be a big splash, he'd be one of the best guys the Sens could go out and pick up. If not him, Goligoski (if he makes it to FA) would be a good, albeit more expensive, guy to grab.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So we agree....get a dman, not a wonky young potentail scoring winger.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:So we agree....get a dman, not a wonky young potentail scoring winger.

More or less. I want to pursue a Methot-type to shore up Ceci's pairing. Shatt would be more of a Ceci replacement, IMO. He's a Dman that others have to be prepared to cover for at any time, much like EK. I'm thinking that a reliable Dman on his left might make Ceci less of a target for SSF's wrath. Cheering

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:So we agree....get a dman, not a wonky young potentail scoring winger.
Which Will cost us a forward on The trade market. That's why I said we should probably bring up pumps.

The more I think about it the more I hope BM is in talks with his cousin. Anaheim is putting various Dmen up for grabs over there. I imagine it would cost us Hoffman. But if the Dman is of good enough caliber maybe we can make this team better in the long and short run. Pumps is not hoff but he might prove to become a good sniping forward soon enough.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There's talk vatanen was available for the right price.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 52 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum