GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+13
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
spader
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
Ev
PTFlea
LeCaptain
wprager
SensHulk
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
Michallica wrote:that, and its a new concept at the ASG.  More open ice means more skating, and what if he loses and edge skating up the ice on an odd-man rush?  

I can't believe John Scott didn't decline his invite.  Although it is pretty comical.

I can. I'd do it if given the opportunity. He knows that he got voted in ironically. It's still a free trip and a really cool event I'm sure.

Maybe he has an idea to pitch to the bigwigs. Next thing you know we have these new "John Scott" cameras installed inside and under every goal in the league, all feeding into the "John Scott" real-time puck analyzer that automatically detects when a puck has completely entered the goal and then automatically lights up a "John Scott" goal light. NHL saves on the goal judge's salary and instead gets to sell 2-4 extra front row seats.

And it all happened because some fans got high in their parents' basement and thought wouldn't it be great to elect the worst played in the league as a team captain for the ASG?

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:How's about Claesson getting 1st pairing minutes. Who's being packaged for a top-six forward? Ceci or Wier?
From what I read management is inclined to move Cowen or wier at this point. I think they believe Ceci will get better with another D partner. I also think so.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:How's about Claesson getting 1st pairing minutes. Who's being packaged for a top-six forward? Ceci or Wier?
From what I read management is inclined to move Cowen or wier at this point. I think they believe Ceci will get better with another D partner. I also think so.

Ceci won't get better. As I said before this player will be about the same for a few years and that's about it.

If any other NHL team places enough value on this guy to want to send us a TOP 6, for the love of all things holy, please do it!!!! I can't stress this enough.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would like to Ceci if you're wrong old friend.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think Ceci has major upside, so let's see

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I would like to Ceci if you're wrong old friend.

I hope so because I care about the team.

The Flyers trade smells like a Cowen for Gagner deal in the works. Chiasson added to deal or waived.

more to come

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I would like to Ceci if you're wrong old friend.

I hope so because I care about the team.

The Flyers trade smells like a Cowen for Gagner deal in the works. Chiasson added to deal or waived.

more to come
Of course Ceci has upside the kid is only 22, he's not fully gotten where he projects to be. Sorry to say it but you obsess over his mistakes that you've made him into what he is on his worst and not what he is or/and capable of being at his best. You need to take it all with a grain of salt. It's a learning curve. And it dips sometime.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's not a curve with Ceci. It's basically a flat line. Anyway, things will play out and I'll probably be right again, as usual.

How do we feel about Cowen for Gagner?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:It's not a curve with Ceci. It's basically a flat line. Anyway, things will play out and I'll probably be right again, as usual.

Personally I'm not at all interested in Gagner.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What's this cowen for gagner you speak of?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gagner is useless, but it absolves us of Cowens 5 million dollars owed next year. Unless I'm wrong, I don't think Cowen has any value, so that'd be great.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:It's not a curve with Ceci. It's basically a flat line. Anyway, things will play out and I'll probably be right again, as usual.

I don't get the Ceci hate. I despised the pick when it was made but he's been one of our better D IMO, although on this team that isn't tough.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He's gonna learn to rush the puck and create offense when he has a real NHL dman partnered with him

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The problem with Ceci is he's being asked to play above his head. He should be on the 3rd pairing with BoroCop.

Cowen for Gagner? Whatever, as long as it means I don't have to watch Cowen in a Sens jersey anymore.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:The problem with Ceci is he's being asked to play above his head.  He should be on the 3rd pairing with BoroCop.

Cowen for Gagner?  Whatever, as long as it means I don't have to watch Cowen in a Sens jersey anymore.

Yup sheltered minutes on the 3rd pairing and maybe a move up if he shows huge improvement.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I guess we have to accept that Murray wasn't a genius when he and Burkie had that exchange at the draft table in Cowen's draft year. :crossarms: :crossarms:

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:I guess we have to accept that Murray wasn't a genius when he and Burkie had that exchange at the draft table in Cowen's draft year. :crossarms: :crossarms:

It seemed for a few years that we got the better player, but that has changed now. The sad thing is that the whole problem seems to be between Cowen's ears.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
spader wrote:I guess we have to accept that Murray wasn't a genius when he and Burkie had that exchange at the draft table in Cowen's draft year. :crossarms: :crossarms:

It seemed for a few years that we got the better player, but that has changed now.  The sad thing is that the whole problem seems to be between Cowen's ears.

Very unintelligent player on the ice. One of the least intelligent I can recall seeing. Him and Schubert (who I liked a Diddle of a lot more than Cowen) both had semblances of talent, but nothing between the ears.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum