GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+13
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
spader
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
Ev
PTFlea
LeCaptain
wprager
SensHulk
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 58 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Did you guys listen to Lebrun on insider trading? He says the price for Drouin would be Ceci.
That's not exactly the high return we thought it might be. Apperently the sens don't want to part with Ceci. We'd probably need to adress the right side if we made hat deal creating more holes but you have to wonder.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Drouin for Ceci, Hoffman for Shattenkirk.

Murray vindicated.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Did you guys listen to Lebrun on insider trading? He says the price for Drouin would be Ceci.
That's not exactly the high return we thought it might be. Apperently the sens don't want to part with Ceci. We'd probably need to adress the right side if we made hat deal creating more holes but you have to wonder.

Wideman is better than Ceci right now so that should be an easy deal to make. Essentially, you would be addressing the right side by moving the Cecer while adding skill up front.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Did you guys listen to Lebrun on insider trading? He says the price for Drouin would be Ceci.

Wideman is better than Ceci right now so that should be an easy deal to make. Essentially, you would be addressing the right side by moving the Cecer while adding skill up front.

Lol Wideman is not better than Ceci...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I have a really hard time imagining that all Tampa would take from us for Drouin is Ceci.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

[quote="Ev"]
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Lol Wideman is not better than Ceci...[/quote

No. He's just a better skater, smarter and more dynamic.

You're right. Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 58 852933671

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ceci for Drouin? Ya, pull the trigger on that one. I happen to like Ceci, but Drouin would help round out the top-6. That second LW spot has been a black hole for a while now.

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Drouin-Zib-Ryan
9MM-JGP-Lazar
Max-Smith-Neil
Mac (IR) Prince

That's a deep top-9, with a good grinding 4th line. When/if Mac comes back, he moves onto the 3rd line and 9MM bumps Max and can hopefully create some offense with Smith. Then all of a sudden the Sens have scoring on each line, a very good top-9, and a filthy top-6.

Go out and sign an RHD.

Methot-EK
Wiercioch-Y Weber
Boro-Wideman
Claesson

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:Ceci for Drouin? Ya, pull the trigger on that one. I happen to like Ceci, but Drouin would help round out the top-6. That second LW spot has been a black hole for a while now.

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Drouin-Zib-Ryan
9MM-JGP-Lazar
Max-Smith-Neil
Mac (IR) Prince

That's a deep top-9, with a good grinding 4th line. When/if Mac comes back, he moves onto the 3rd line and 9MM bumps Max and can hopefully create some offense with Smith. Then all of a sudden the Sens have scoring on each line, a very good top-9, and a filthy top-6.

Go out and sign an RHD.

Methot-EK
Wiercioch-Y Weber
Boro-Wideman
Claesson

Unless of course Drouin is a bust.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:
spader wrote:Ceci for Drouin? Ya, pull the trigger on that one. I happen to like Ceci, but Drouin would help round out the top-6. That second LW spot has been a black hole for a while now.

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Drouin-Zib-Ryan
9MM-JGP-Lazar
Max-Smith-Neil
Mac (IR) Prince

Go out and sign an RHD.

Methot-EK
Wiercioch-Y Weber
Boro-Wideman
Claesson

Unless of course Drouin is a bust.

pfft :crossarms:

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Interesting article -- trying to predict PP performance based on ES stats (based on what ES stat appears to have the best correlation).
http://hockey-graphs.com/2016/01/13/predicting-which-players-will-succeed-on-the-powerplay/

If I read that correctly, replacing Michalek with Prince on the PP will solve our PP problems.

Oh, and Drouin sucks on the PP.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Interesting article -- trying to predict PP performance based on ES stats (based on what ES stat appears to have the best correlation).
http://hockey-graphs.com/2016/01/13/predicting-which-players-will-succeed-on-the-powerplay/

If I read that correctly, replacing Michalek with Prince on the PP will solve our PP problems.

Why are you posting here instead of preparing us another wonderful GDT? GET TO WORK!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Interesting article -- trying to predict PP performance based on ES stats (based on what ES stat appears to have the best correlation).

Why are you posting here instead of preparing us another wonderful GDT?  GET TO WORK!

10 PM start.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Why are you posting here instead of preparing us another wonderful GDT?  GET TO WORK!

10 PM start.

So you're working on Pacific time?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

10 PM start.

So you're working on Pacific time?

You know how the Sens pre-game show is always 2 hours before game time? Kinda like that. Except I don't get paid.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Drouin-Zib-Ryan
9MM-JGP-Lazar
Max-Smith-Neil
Mac (IR) Prince

Go out and sign an RHD.

Methot-EK
Wiercioch-Y Weber
Boro-Wideman
Claesson

How badly do you want us to suck? Yannick Weber? That's bottom pairing on an average team. No thank you.

But flipping Hoffman for shatts makes sense after that. We still have a hole on the LW but you hope puempel can come in and secure that. Or MacArthur who I imagine is only a few weeks away from coming back?

But that's a lot of wheeling and dealing which looks more like something you do on your PlayStation or whatever you kids are playing these days.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yzerman has a tough summer coming up. He has to win the Drouin trade - it is as simple as that. Yzerman should be looking at bringing in players who are under control and can fill in some gaps. Drouin has proved nothing at the NHL level.

Stamkos is a UFA this year and they have 7 RFA's needing new contracts
Hedman, Coburn are UFA's next year after with Palat and Johnson as RFA's

To Tampa: Ceci, Lazar, Wikstrand, 3rd rd pick
To Ottawa: Garrison, Drouin

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Yzerman has a tough summer coming up. He has to win the Drouin trade - it is as simple as that. Yzerman should be looking at bringing in players who are under control and can fill in some gaps. Drouin has proved nothing at the NHL level.

Stamkos is a UFA this year and they have 7 RFA's needing new contracts
Hedman, Coburn are UFA's next year after with Palat and Johnson as RFA's

To Tampa: Ceci, Lazar, Wikstrand, 3rd rd pick
To Ottawa: Garrison, Drouin

I think when LeBrun said a deal would be "around Drouin and Ceci" this is the sort of thing he was talking about. I like it.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wouldn't trade Lazar for Drouin. I love Lazar's game and potential.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 58 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum