GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+13
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
spader
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
Ev
PTFlea
LeCaptain
wprager
SensHulk
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 49 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

9mm and CMac Daddy are two of our vets who will make us a little more consistent and defensively responsible. Plus, both are capable of chipping in goals. If we were to add two vets via trade like CMac and 9mm, we'd be pretty happy, so this will be a nice boost indeed.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Michalek too apparently.  I think mac's still a couple of weeks away, but that's great news.  

Funny, when he first got hurt he said he expected to be back 1-2 weeks. I guess they forgot to re-stock the "Alfie Blood Plasma" shelf in the infirmary.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:#Sens forward Clarke MacArthur skating at CTC Wednesday  #ottawasenators #ottnews #ottsports

In a track suit. Doesn't look close to ready yet.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

But with Ceci and Michalek, coming back, somebody's getting waived or, hopefully, a trade gets done.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think one of our forwards is an emergency call up, no?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:I think one of our forwards is an emergency call up, no?

Dziurzynski waived so I guess not.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

"Karls" Karlsson headed to ASG.

details to follow

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

My biggest fear....Karlsson gets injured during 3-on-3 play during the ASG.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:I think one of our forwards is an emergency call up, no?

Dziurzynski waived so I guess not.

I thought McCormick was recalled on an emergency basis but I checked and he wasn't (not in December; there was an emergency recall back in October). Not sure why you would not use an emergency recall in light of injuries. Not that I think anyone will grab Dizzy on waivers but there's always the risk. Unless they wouldn't mind some contracts being plucked away.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:My biggest fear....Karlsson gets injured during 3-on-3 play during the ASG.  

At first I was about to say "Someone getting injured from over-exerting themselves at the ASG? Not a chance." But then I remembered how Fat-Penner was injured putting syrup on his pancakes and, you never know.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:"Karls" Karlsson headed to ASG.

details to follow

I thought "Karls" Karlsson *IS* the ASG (All-Star God).

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

that, and its a new concept at the ASG. More open ice means more skating, and what if he loses and edge skating up the ice on an odd-man rush?

I can't believe John Scott didn't decline his invite. Although it is pretty comical.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:that, and its a new concept at the ASG.  More open ice means more skating, and what if he loses and edge skating up the ice on an odd-man rush?  

I can't believe John Scott didn't decline his invite.  Although it is pretty comical.

Watch them all set him up for goals.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:that, and its a new concept at the ASG.  More open ice means more skating, and what if he loses and edge skating up the ice on an odd-man rush?  

I can't believe John Scott didn't decline his invite.  Although it is pretty comical.

I can. I'd do it if given the opportunity. He knows that he got voted in ironically. It's still a free trip and a really cool event I'm sure.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

How's about Claesson getting 1st pairing minutes. Who's being packaged for a top-six forward? Ceci or Wier?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:

I can. I'd do it if given the opportunity. He knows that he got voted in ironically. It's still a free trip and a really cool event I'm sure.

Maybe he has an idea to pitch to the bigwigs. Next thing you know we have these new "John Scott" cameras installed inside and under every goal in the league, all feeding into the "John Scott" real-time puck analyzer that automatically detects when a puck has completely entered the goal and then automatically lights up a "John Scott" goal light. NHL saves on the goal judge's salary and instead gets to sell 2-4 extra front row seats.

And it all happened because some fans got high in their parents' basement and thought wouldn't it be great to elect the worst played in the league as a team captain for the ASG?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:How's about Claesson getting 1st pairing minutes. Who's being packaged for a top-six forward? Ceci or Wier?
From what I read management is inclined to move Cowen or wier at this point. I think they believe Ceci will get better with another D partner. I also think so.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:How's about Claesson getting 1st pairing minutes. Who's being packaged for a top-six forward? Ceci or Wier?
From what I read management is inclined to move Cowen or wier at this point. I think they believe Ceci will get better with another D partner. I also think so.

Ceci won't get better. As I said before this player will be about the same for a few years and that's about it.

If any other NHL team places enough value on this guy to want to send us a TOP 6, for the love of all things holy, please do it!!!! I can't stress this enough.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 49 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum