GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+13
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
spader
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
Ev
PTFlea
LeCaptain
wprager
SensHulk
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 57 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 48 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:On an amusing note, Dreger said that the Sens could entice teams to take Greening by throwing in Cowen.  Laugh1

I'm going to stick to my guns and say that even though Cowen has worn out his welcome in Ottawa, there will be legitimate interest in him elsewhere.  

I agree with that assessment.  Salary will be an issue though.
Yeah it's going to be problem for problem. Maybe someone wants to part with an ageing veteran with one extra year on his contract the team rather not have.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:And why is it we're not playing Prince in a top 6 position?  He has as many points right now, with MUCH less icetime, than Chiasson is projected to get all year - and while playing ~15 less games.

It doesn't make sense...is he weak defensively?  Perhaps, but I'd sure as heck try him in our top 6.   It's not like he's a defensive challenged is it?
Man I am so sick of z smith on the top 6. It's ridiculous at this point. I'm dying for them to put Prince in there. Sure he might make more mistakes but I think he will create more chances also.
Cameron starting to make bad choices.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:

Yeah, I'm gonna agree with the notion that you are putting a lot of your own assumptions in there.
Did he like arbitration? I'm sure he did not but he isn't the first player to go through them and I don't necessarely see players running away after. Murray was quite vocal about it, if he can reproduce that season he said they would have no problem paying him. I'm sure he said that to Hoffman. If anything Hoffman is playing with a chip on his shoulder but damn well knows it means that this summer he holds the big end of the bargaining stick and he will get paid.
To me he seems like the kind of guy that doesn't like being underplayed and wants to be a big time scorer. He doesn't take it well when he's demoted to a lower line but so far this year has responded with goals when it happens. If anything he's got so ring to prove and he's doing it. Is he a bit dickish in the process? Sure. Can he be inconsistent, yup. But he's not gonna be the heart and soul of this team and if anyone is expecting all our caliber players to be all around perfect we are going to have to pull a lot of trades with players that fall short of that.

As far as the assumption that we could trade Hoffman to Tampa? That will never happen. Tampa has to resign stampkos plus g their kids line all new contracts pretty soon and will not be looking for someone that will likely take 5mill per season off their budget.

Stamkos isn't sticking around in Tampa, so no, they don't need to worry about resigning him. They have to worry about replacing his scoring.

Time will tell with Hoffman. If the Sens present him with a good, long offer, and don't try to lowball him again, yeah, he likely signs it. Murray doesn't necessarily function that way, and may not be as big a fan of Hoffman as most as is fans are.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:And why is it we're not playing Prince in a top 6 position?  He has as many points right now, with MUCH less icetime, than Chiasson is projected to get all year - and while playing ~15 less games.

It doesn't make sense...is he weak defensively?  Perhaps, but I'd sure as heck try him in our top 6.   It's not like he's a defensive challenged is it?
Man I am so sick of z smith on the top 6. It's ridiculous at this point. I'm dying for them to put Prince in there. Sure he might make more mistakes but I think he will create more chances also.

At least ladt night was better. Although I can't even recall line 2. Pageau, chiasson and...McCormick?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Yeah, I'm gonna agree with the notion that you are putting a lot of your own assumptions in there.
Did he like arbitration? I'm sure he did not but he isn't the first player to go through them and I don't necessarely see players running away after. Murray was quite vocal about it, if he can reproduce that season he said they would have no problem paying him. I'm sure he said that to Hoffman. If anything Hoffman is playing with a chip on his shoulder but damn well knows it means that this summer he holds the big end of the bargaining stick and he will get paid.
To me he seems like the kind of guy that doesn't like being underplayed and wants to be a big time scorer. He doesn't take it well when he's demoted to a lower line but so far this year has responded with goals when it happens. If anything he's got so ring to prove and he's doing it. Is he a bit dickish in the process? Sure. Can he be inconsistent, yup. But he's not gonna be the heart and soul of this team and if anyone is expecting all our caliber players to be all around perfect we are going to have to pull a lot of trades with players that fall short of that.

As far as the assumption that we could trade Hoffman to Tampa? That will never happen. Tampa has to resign stampkos plus g their kids line all new contracts pretty soon and will not be looking for someone that will likely take 5mill per season off their budget.

Stamkos isn't sticking around in Tampa, so no, they don't need to worry about resigning him. They have to worry about replacing his scoring.

Time will tell with Hoffman. If the Sens present him with a good, long offer, and don't try to lowball him again, yeah, he likely signs it. Murray doesn't necessarily function that way, and may not be as big a fan of Hoffman as most as is fans are.

Again. That's speculation. I'm not sure stamkos is leaving Tampa. If they throw 10+ mill at him per, they might just keep him.
I know there seems to be disagreements between cooper and him but that's not all.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

At least ladt night was better.  Although I can't even recall line 2.  Pageau, chiasson and...McCormick?
yeah I'm pretty sure that's it. Line 3.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Line 2 got dismantled a couple shifts into the game when Zibanejad got high-sticked. How all on-ice officials missed a high stick to the face *in* the action because they were all battling for the puck -- is completely beyond me. That was a game-ending injury to the team's 2nd line center and would have been a double minor. Plays like that (when everyone can clearly see him dropping his stick and gloves and high-tailing it down the corridor) should be quickly reviewed to make sure they didn't miss a stick.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Florida won again, 10 in a row now. We'll have to put an end to it on Thursday. Montreal, Boston, Pittsburgh and Tampa all lost (Pitt in OT). Ottawa is tied for the last wildcard spot with Boston, but the Bruins have 2 games in hand. Ottawa also 1 point back of the Devils in the first wildcard spot. Devils play the (tired) Habs tonight (should be Condon in goal). Pittsburgh is one point back of the Sens with a game in hand. They play the away part of the home-and-home with the Hawks tonight.

Senators play Florida tomorrow and then the Bruins on Saturday (the Bruins play the Devils on Friday night so they should be tired). The Sens could be in the first wildcard spot by the weekend.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Florida won again, 10 in a row now.  We'll have to put an end to it on Thursday.  Montreal, Boston, Pittsburgh and Tampa all lost (Pitt in OT).  Ottawa is tied for the last wildcard spot with Boston, but the Bruins have 2 games in hand.  Ottawa also 1 point back of the Devils in the first wildcard spot.   Devils play the (tired) Habs tonight (should be Condon in goal).  Pittsburgh is one point back of the Sens with a game in hand.  They play the away part of the home-and-home with the Hawks tonight.  

Senators play Florida tomorrow and then the Bruins on Saturday (the Bruins play the Devils on Friday night so they should be tired).  The Sens could be in the first wildcard spot by the weekend.
So you're saying the should win?

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

#Sens forward Clarke MacArthur skating at CTC Wednesday #ottawasenators #ottnews #ottsports

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:#Sens forward Clarke MacArthur skating at CTC Wednesday  #ottawasenators #ottnews #ottsports

Good! Hopefully he's back soon! We could really use clarky in the line-up. Smith back where he belongs.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:#Sens forward Clarke MacArthur skating at CTC Wednesday  #ottawasenators #ottnews #ottsports

Good! Hopefully he's back soon! We could really use clarky in the line-up. Smith back where he belongs.

Yeah.  Smith on the 3rd or 4th is perfect.  Ceci and Zibanejad are also skating. Edit : So is 9mm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michalek too apparently. I think mac's still a couple of weeks away, but that's great news.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MILOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

All good news! Getting ready to take the second half of the season by storm? One can hope.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

9mm and CMac Daddy are two of our vets who will make us a little more consistent and defensively responsible. Plus, both are capable of chipping in goals. If we were to add two vets via trade like CMac and 9mm, we'd be pretty happy, so this will be a nice boost indeed.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Michalek too apparently.  I think mac's still a couple of weeks away, but that's great news.  

Funny, when he first got hurt he said he expected to be back 1-2 weeks. I guess they forgot to re-stock the "Alfie Blood Plasma" shelf in the infirmary.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

In a track suit. Doesn't look close to ready yet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 48 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 57 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum