GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+13
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
spader
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
Ev
PTFlea
LeCaptain
wprager
SensHulk
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 67]

Urkie

Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispensed wrote:The good news appears to be that Murray won't sit on his hands and watch this trainwreck of a defence.  If he can add a guy like Hainsey for a 3rd or whatever, we're a better team immediately, not even close.

Hainsey is decent but he's got some holes in his game. However, he's been around which is important.

Something I think we need is a veteran D that can come in and stabilize things. This D core is very young save Methot. Right now I feel like they're being thrown to the wolves and it's going to set some of the young guys back (Ceci, Cowen, etc.) and we've already sort of seen that. Defensemen take the longest to develop. There are exceptions (Karlsson for example) but even he took a couple years. You look at a guy like Chara. He took several years to develop. It takes time but at the same time our young D need some veteran help and guidance.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Garrioch says it's a 2nd plus Puempel or Prince?  No thanks.  A 2nd is plenty

Depends who the guy is coming back.  We could certainly trade away one of Puempel or Prince and not really miss a beat at this point.

That was for Daley I believe.  That's a lot IMO.  I'd wait if I were Murray
no Cussing way. thats way too steep a price. apparently the guy isn't playing well in chicago and they have a much better blueline than us. no no no, Diddle a bunch of daley.

I'd do a 2nd straight up though.  Daley can play in the top 4 and be a Diddle of a lot better than anything we can trot out now, plus he's got a year of term, so I'd be more comfortable with him than a pending UFA.  But no more than a 2nd.
i dont care about being marginally better at that cost. i'd rather pay a higher price but get a better player. no way on Daley. lets go for something better and overpay if we have to: weir, prince and 1st rounder is on the table easy if we can get a ligit top 4 guy who's young and can be successful.

No, I really don't think that's the price on a young, legitimate top 4 D-man.  I don't think Wier has that much value in a package and I also don't know how much value Prince would have.

I think you'd be stunned to see the prices for a young D-man.  Lazar + + I would guess.

Lazar is a good start. Pretty sure you could replace what he brings while enjoying a shiny new Top - 4 d-man.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Lazar has been playing well lately. They need to try him with pageau and michalek.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Urkie wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:The good news appears to be that Murray won't sit on his hands and watch this trainwreck of a defence.  If he can add a guy like Hainsey for a 3rd or whatever, we're a better team immediately, not even close.

Hainsey is decent but he's got some holes in his game. However, he's been around which is important.

Something I think we need is a veteran D that can come in and stabilize things. This D core is very young save Methot. Right now I feel like they're being thrown to the wolves and it's going to set some of the young guys back (Ceci, Cowen, etc.) and we've already sort of seen that. Defensemen take the longest to develop. There are exceptions (Karlsson for example) but even he took a couple years. You look at a guy like Chara. He took several years to develop. It takes time but at the same time our young D need some veteran help and guidance.

Yeah, that could be the Hainsey factor for sure.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Garrioch says it's a 2nd plus Puempel or Prince?  No thanks.  A 2nd is plenty

Depends who the guy is coming back.  We could certainly trade away one of Puempel or Prince and not really miss a beat at this point.

That was for Daley I believe.  That's a lot IMO.  I'd wait if I were Murray
no Cussing way. thats way too steep a price. apparently the guy isn't playing well in chicago and they have a much better blueline than us. no no no, Diddle a bunch of daley.

I'd do a 2nd straight up though.  Daley can play in the top 4 and be a Diddle of a lot better than anything we can trot out now, plus he's got a year of term, so I'd be more comfortable with him than a pending UFA.  But no more than a 2nd.
i dont care about being marginally better at that cost. i'd rather pay a higher price but get a better player. no way on Daley. lets go for something better and overpay if we have to: weir, prince and 1st rounder is on the table easy if we can get a ligit top 4 guy who's young and can be successful.

No, I really don't think that's the price on a young, legitimate top 4 D-man.  I don't think Wier has that much value in a package and I also don't know how much value Prince would have.

I think you'd be stunned to see the prices for a young D-man.  Lazar + + I would guess.

Lazar is a good start. Pretty sure you could replace what he brings while enjoying a shiny new Top - 4 d-man.

Because of White coming up - and perhaps Paul as well - you could replace him, but we have no idea what his ceiling will be. We can look at his offense now and say he'll be a checker, but who knows what his stats will look like in a year or two.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Man, do they ever hate Daley in Chicago. A lot of them would give him up for futures just to clear the salary to do something else with the $$.

I'm scared.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i'm willing to move lazar if we have to. not that murray would ever do that.

also the deal including weir, prince and a first. firsts have a lot of value nowadays. lots. wasn't perron added for a first? if you can get a decent top 6 player for a first rounder and you add a guy like weir who has potential and a guy like prince who has potential than you have the making of a fairly solid package. it's not gonna nab you a top 2 Dman but a very decent top 4 guy yes. it should. much better than daley. look at what we traded for bobby ryan. it starts looking very similar.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

One thing we have to get past is thinking that Wiercioch or Cowen have any sort of value right now. They don't. If we include them in a deal, it's just to clear space, not to add any sort of value to the package.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think Weircioch would be fine alongside a more experienced and tougher D-man. He's playing with Ceci who, let's face it, is no Marc Methot. Much of it is confidence, and having some vet presence on that 2nd pairing is crucial. So Weir *does* have trade value, just have to find the right fit.

As for Cowen, he definitely still has trade value, even with that contract.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hamonic available:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/new-york-islanders-trying-to-trade-hamonic/

This is it folks.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Hamonic available:

This is it folks.

RH shot, so he plays his off-side?

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

This is it folks.

That would be awesome but seems like he wants to go to a western team.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Urkie wrote:

This is it folks.

That would be awesome but seems like he wants to go to a western team.

Kanata is pretty far West in Ottawa. Just sayin'.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah harmonic would be good. RH isn't ideal

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That would take some major moves to make that happen but it would either push Ceci on the trade market or ideally on the third pairing. If I was BM I would at least place a call. Price must be steep

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:That would take some major moves to make that happen but it would either push Ceci on the trade market or ideally on the third pairing. If I was BM I would at least place a call. Price must be steep

Price might be Ceci himself. If Ottawa were a destination which they are "probably not."

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What's the latest trade scuttlebutt from Sens land ?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Moot point since he wants to go to western canada. That said, sens should kick the tires to see if they can make it a 3 way deal (don't see too many of those anymore).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum