GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+13
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
spader
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
Ev
PTFlea
LeCaptain
wprager
SensHulk
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:That would take some major moves to make that happen but it would either push Ceci on the trade market or ideally on the third pairing. If I was BM I would at least place a call. Price must be steep

Price might be Ceci himself. If Ottawa were a destination which they are "probably not."

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What's the latest trade scuttlebutt from Sens land ?

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Moot point since he wants to go to western canada. That said, sens should kick the tires to see if they can make it a 3 way deal (don't see too many of those anymore).

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Moot point since he wants to go to western canada. That said, sens should kick the tires to see if they can make it a 3 way deal (don't see too many of those anymore).

Well said, Michallica.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What personal reasons would make him ask for a trade to western Canada?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:What personal reasons would make him ask for a trade to western Canada?

Homesick. Not everyone wants to be American like Wayne Gretzky.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Travis Wikstrand? Sarcasm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Travis Wikstrand? Sarcasm
Speaking of, why isn't that bum traded yet! Dammit!

Guess he's taken a sabbatical year off then eh?
If he does come over he's gonna spend the whole year in bingo without a doubt. What a silly young man.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You gotta be disappointed that Hamonic doesn't wanna consider the east. It would make sense to trade Ceci + for him. Might actually stabilize patty wier and help him regain a bit of his last season success. That second pairing just misses a stabilizing presence. Too green.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Maybe an overnight trade will be announced this morning?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There's everything to like about Hamonic, but if he doesn't want to come here, that's that I guess.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:There's everything to like about Hamonic, but if he doesn't want to come here, that's that I guess.

That's how the wind's blowing right now. I'll have my sources keep an eye on the situation.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:There's everything to like about Hamonic, but if he doesn't want to come here, that's that I guess.

That's how the wind's blowing right now. I'll have my sources keep an eye on the situation.

It's a personal family situation, he asked to be moved before the season started, apparently. The Wikstrand comparison is likely very appropriate, except that Hamonic didn't wait until he was on the plane before telling his GM.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Wikstrand situation is entirely different. Regardless, Hamonic may now be the first "domino" that has to fall before other defencemen get traded.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:The Wikstrand situation is entirely different. Regardless, Hamonic may now be the first "domino" that has to fall before other defencemen get traded.

My sources concur.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This team needs to find a way to actually win games. Loser points is what is proping us up and that does very little to build confidence as a group. There are currently only 8 teams [redacted] it's less wins than the sens. Atrocious. Even the Devils have more than us.

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

Flo The Action wrote:This team needs to find a way to actually win games. Loser points is what is proping us up and that does very little to build confidence as a group. There are currently only 8 teams [redacted] it's less wins than the sens. Atrocious. Even the Devils have more than us.

Definitely. Not to mention that the number of regulation wins can be crucial at the end of the season due to the tie-breaker.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not sure what you were trying to say there, Flo, but I removed the e-mail address that appears to have been inadvertently inserted in your post. Feel free to edit your post and correct/complete what you were trying to say.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum