GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Am I Watching Right now?

+13
spader
Hoags
Vandelay
TheAvatar
Ev
Flo The Action
NEELY
PTFlea
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
tim1_2
wprager
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 41 ... 52  Next

Go down  Message [Page 30 of 52]

436What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 30 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:22 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I thought Last Man on Earth was canceled. Also I thought it wasn't as well received as this one was. I loved Rob Lowe in P&R. Literally!

437What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 30 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:02 pm

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

Man in the High Castle is quite good so far. Six epsiodes in.

438What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 30 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:33 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dennycrane wrote:Man in the High Castle is quite good so far. Six epsiodes in.

I hadn't heard of this, but reading up on it, it sounds interesting. It takes place about 20 years after the Germans won WW2 if anyone else is interested.

439What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 30 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:20 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I just watched pride, prejudice and zombies. I like the whole zombie thing but it's getting overdone. But on the other hand this was extremely well done. The dialogue and the acting is very good. The humor was laughing out loud in the cinema. I don't think they could of done it better. Highly recommend it. Very funny.

440What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 30 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:34 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:I just watched pride, prejudice and zombies. I like the whole zombie thing but it's getting overdone. But on the other hand this was extremely well done. The dialogue and the acting is very good. The humor was laughing out loud in the cinema. I don't think they could of done it better. Highly recommend it. Very funny.

I dig zombies, so I'm in.

441What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 30 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:43 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I just watched pride, prejudice and zombies. I like the whole zombie thing but it's getting overdone. But on the other hand this was extremely well done. The dialogue and the acting is very good. The humor was laughing out loud in the cinema. I don't think they could of done it better. Highly recommend it. Very funny.

I dig zombies, so I'm in.
Don't expect your regular zombie movie. It's a spin on the zombie idea but a welcomed one. Well they still want brains.
Very well done.

oh and ladies will love this film. Trust me. Puts woman in the centre and main role of the hero.

442What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 30 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:14 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

In honour of the dearly departed Garry Shandling I'm watching his episode of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, ironically (in light of the news) titled "It's Great that Garry Shandling is Still Alive":

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/garry-shandling-its-great-that-garry-shandling-is-still-alive

#NoFlipping

443What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 30 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:52 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Had technical issues yesterday, finally finished watching it just now. If you were into comedy in the late '70s through early '90s this is a must watch.

444What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 30 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:39 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
dennycrane wrote:Man in the High Castle is quite good so far. Six epsiodes in.

I hadn't heard of this, but reading up on it, it sounds interesting.  It takes place about 20 years after the Germans won WW2 if anyone else is interested.

Philip k Richard had his moments of genius.

445What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 30 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:59 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is great:

https://medium.com/@thatdavidhopkins/how-a-tv-sitcom-triggered-the-downfall-of-western-civilization-336e8ccf7dd0#.ekw8xv791

I want to discuss a popular TV show my wife and I have been binge-watching on Netflix. It’s the story of a family man, a man of science, a genius who fell in with the wrong crowd. He slowly descends into madness and desperation, lead by his own egotism. With one mishap after another, he becomes a monster. I’m talking, of course, about Friends and its tragic hero, Ross Geller.

446What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 30 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:52 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I upgraded my Digital Plus to Digital Plus Extra, which gets me a bunch of new channels (that I will likely never watch) and one premium package, for which I picked HBO+TMN. Series recording set up. We'll be watching GoT tonight.

They have a special going where you can get HBO+TMN at half price for 4 months, but they could not give me this promo because I already had a discount on my TV package as part of my bundle price. So instead of getting half off the regular $18 (I think) I get it (plus those other channels) for the upgrade price of $14. I guess I could try to fight this but I'm also getting $20 credit because there's no On-Demand or Shomi. I'll just have to make sure next month, if it's still not fixed, to get another $20 credit.

447What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 30 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:18 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Watched the 2-hour premiere of Containment (show runs on Tuesdays in the US but Global runs it on Mondays, and they started a week late with a 2-hour slot). I'm hooked. Not sure what to expect. Maybe zombies?

448What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 30 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:28 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Watched the last half hour or so of the Raptors game last night while at the gym. One of the most intense sessions on the elliptical. Man, it's easy to push yourself when a team does that. We were just getting home after a band-trip meeting at one of the kids' schools and I was listening on the radio. I think they were 15 points back at the time, and the PxP guy was talking about the Pacers how they were walking around looking like they knew they were the better team, not only in this game but how they were ready to win the series. Dropped off our daughter and got to the gym and they just got to within 7. Then 5. Then 2. Then tied game. What a wild finish. They had a run from 13 down to 6 up before the Pacers called a timeout and started clawing back. 3 points shot at the buzzer that would have tied it was overturned on review (just missed getting it off as time ran out). Wild.

449What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 30 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:38 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The reviews are pretty bad for Containment. Tread carefully.

450What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 30 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:03 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:The reviews are pretty bad for Containment. Tread carefully.

Disagree.

I saw *one* review on IMDB. Guy clearly didn't like it. But over on the TiVO Community Forum the comments have been generally favorable. I trust those guys a lot more than some (one) on IMDB.

Was it a Picasso? No. But it wasn't as bad as Quantico (which is a great example of a well-made but utterly useless show).

451What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 30 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:04 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, what I'm saying is this one is well made and *not* utterly useless.

452What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 30 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:08 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I am just going by the critical consensus on Rotten Tomatoes.

453What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 30 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:20 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I am just going by the critical consensus on Rotten Tomatoes.

Some of these "critics" seem to think the only way to validate their "expertise" is to find fault with, often entertaining, movies. Just for the sake of it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 30 of 52]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 41 ... 52  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum