GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Am I Watching Right now?

+13
spader
Hoags
Vandelay
TheAvatar
Ev
Flo The Action
NEELY
PTFlea
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
tim1_2
wprager
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 34 ... 52  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 52]

226What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 16 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:42 pm

Vandelay

Sophomore
Sophomore

I watched an epside of Sons of Anarchy once...that kid with long blonde hair is just too annoying. Makes the whole show intolerable.

A great

227What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 16 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:43 pm

Vandelay

Sophomore
Sophomore

oops...
A great HBO Brazil show: "O Negocio" ...not sure if english subs are available yet but, not necessry

228What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 16 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:59 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Just had a chat with "Marvin" about Bell FibeTV. SO WITH GoT coming back in was wondering what out would cost to add HBO.  Apparently $20 per month (with TMN).  But first two months are free.  Andn(according to Marvin) canceling after three months is not a problem.  GoT is only 10 episodes.  Is it usually new one every week?  

Yes, new one each week.

229What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 16 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:23 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Just checked the episode guode and every season aired n under 3 months.  I'm going to have to check in person I think.

It's 10 episodes with 1 week off, so always 11 weeks.

230What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 16 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:41 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Attention X-Philes:

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2015/03/24/the-x-files-revival-david-duchovny-gillian-anderson-to-reprise-roles-on-fox

231What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 16 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:Attention X-Philes:

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2015/03/24/the-x-files-revival-david-duchovny-gillian-anderson-to-reprise-roles-on-fox

I want to believe ... that it will be any good.

232What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 16 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:24 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Seriously, though, when I saw the first tweets I was back in the '90s like that.

Six episodes, though, Ascension was six episodes, too. Woof.

233What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 16 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:11 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

As long as both mulder and scully are there I'm sure it should be good. Just make it about alien conspiracy and not the other Dung they crammed as filler. That last season was so painful when they replaced mulder.

234What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 16 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:41 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Some of their best episodes are your so-called filers. Squeeze and Tooms, Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose, Die Hand Die Verletzt, Home.

235What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 16 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:46 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

never seem the X Files

236What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 16 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:never seem the X Files

It's out there. The truth, that is.

There was a time that Chris Carter could do no wrong. He was the golden boy of Hollywood. Loved the X Files and Millennium (ended one season too soon). Harsh Realm was interesting, too, but probably too out there for the time. The Lone Gunmen was so-so. A bit of a running gag from X-Files that didn't really have enough to go solo.

X-Files suffered from its own popularity -- went on way too long and because of that he never actually finished the mythology arc.

237What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 16 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:40 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Watched most of them when I was 10-15.
The atmosphere was incredible. Outside of that I don't remember much.

238What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 16 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:13 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I tried recently to re-watch the XFiles starting at the beginning (I think they're all on Netflix)....it was...hard. The seasons are very long, and there are a lot of them. I didn't make it through the first one.

239What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 16 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:46 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Gillian Anderson was the epitome of geek hot back then. She's 46 now and has apparently "come out" (but not before being married, having kids, breaking hearts, etc.) Whatever.

240What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 16 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:50 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, I tried recently to re-watch the XFiles starting at the beginning (I think they're all on Netflix)....it was...hard.  The seasons are very long, and there are a lot of them.  I didn't make it through the first one.  

Give it another try. There should be a guide out there with the major "mythology" episodes outlined, so if you only want to follow that arc you can just watch those ones.

I believe the second season is where they had the Duane Barry story arc and Scully's abduction (as she was pregnant at the time). Sorry for the spoilers, but some really good stuff there.

I actually used to work with a guy named Duane Barry (same spelling and all). The actor who played Barry is Steve Railsback, who was in a couple of my favorite movies (Stunt Man and Life Force). He's very good at playing "disturbed".

241What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 16 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:56 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Even if I give it another try, it means digging in to, litereally, hundreds of episodes. I just can't commit to that.

242What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 16 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:04 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Even if I give it another try, it means digging in to, litereally, hundreds of episodes.  I just can't commit to that.

http://www.xfilesuniverse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=873.

Literally not hundreds.

243What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 16 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:06 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Even if I give it another try, it means digging in to, litereally, hundreds of episodes.  I just can't commit to that.

http://www.xfilesuniverse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=873.

Literally not hundreds.

Sure, OK. That cuts it down to just 88. I'll have this finished sometime in 2017.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 52]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 34 ... 52  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum