GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Am I Watching Right now?

+13
spader
Hoags
Vandelay
TheAvatar
Ev
Flo The Action
NEELY
PTFlea
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
tim1_2
wprager
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 40 ... 52  Next

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 52]

406What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 28 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:03 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just watched the original oldboy. I hadn't seen it for some reason. Very messed up stuff, but excellent.

Also tried to watch castle of cogliostro, bit couldn't really get into it. I'll go back and watch kiki and my neighbor totoro again, then attempt it again.

407What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 28 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:22 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:Just watched the pilot episode of the new Netflix Originals "Jessica Jones".  It's not your usual Marvel Universe super-hero show.  Jessica is a failed super-hero who now works as a PI in NYC.  She drinks like a fish, suffers from PTSD and threatens to vaporize some lowlife with her "laser eyes" when serving him with a subpoena.  If you've watched the other Netflix take on the Marvel Universe -- Daredevil -- this one is even grittier.  I won't be watching it with my almost 13-year-old daughter, even if David Tennant (her favorite Doctor Who) is in it.

I'm about half way through this. After watching the first couple episodes on the elliptical I convinced my wife to give it a try. Went back to the pilot and she got into it fairly quickly. Very well done.

408What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 28 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:41 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. BOOM!

http://www.space.ca/pride-prejudice-zombies/?hootPostID=415f1f74e8d0c4dee467082f6450fad3

Last edited by wprager on Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

409What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 28 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:22 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

http://www.space.ca/pride-prejudice-zombies/?hootPostID=415f1f74e8d0c4dee467082f6450fad3

Yeah, I actually watched the preview for that earlier today. Looks fantastic. Got a couple Game of Thrones alumni in there too.

410What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 28 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:13 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That Pittsburgh / Cincinnati game was pretty much the craziest football game I've seen. Cinci totally self destructed to let the Steelers win at the end. Incredible.

411What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 28 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:19 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

-20 for the game in Minnesota right now. Brrrrrr.

412What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 28 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:38 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Rest in Peace, Alan Rickman. Both he and Bowie were 69. Both were suffering from cancer.

413What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 28 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:56 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Master of None

414What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 28 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:20 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Master of None

Did you see Ansari on the Golden Globes when they were announcing his category?

What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 28 Book.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2

415What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 28 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:02 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Cancer cut his heart out with a spoon Sad

416What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 28 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:52 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Netflix was misbehaving last night so couldn't watch Jessica Jones. Watched the pilot of The Colony, instead. Not bad, if a bit slow. But compared to The Expanse where I keep scratching my head trying to figure out everything that's going on, at least I had no problem following the story.

417What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 28 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wow.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/linesman-punches-player-trainer-tackles-linesman-after-junior-a-fight-gets-out-of-hand/

418What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 28 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Agent Carter S2 begins tonight with a two hour premier.

419What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 28 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:29 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:Just finished Making a murderer on Netflix.
Fascinating documentary. I typed Steven on google and the first thing that came out was Steven Avery. Didn't know it was this popular.

Highly recommended. It's a thriller movie in real life and it spans 30 years.

The thing about documentaries is that whoever makes it controls what they show you:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/making-a-murderer-burning-questions-answered#.ht2lV4x5v

One of the chief critiques of the series from those with intimate knowledge of the case is that the filmmakers gloss over some of the less savory aspects of Avery’s criminal past in order to make him a more sympathetic figure. For example, the first episode briefly discusses an incident where 20-year-old Avery pleaded guilty to harming an animal. In the series, Avery is heard saying, “We were fooling around with the cat and I don’t know, they were kind of negging it on and I tossed him over the fire and he lit up. I was young and stupid.” In reality, Avery and another man pleaded no contest to pouring gasoline and oil on Avery’s cat and throwing it into a fire.

Just watched the first couple episodes of Making A Murderer. So they're just getting to the Murder part...but man, that rape conviction was about corrupt and faulty as you can get.

The cat incident, while a little bit relevant, really has very little to do with the murder.

420What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 28 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:50 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I guess I should watch it (but Macramalla said it was putting him to sleep -- and he's a lawyer, used to boring legal stuff).  Plus all of my shows are back now (all tuners were in use last night).

By the way, I read the producers or Netflix were hinting about a S2.  I assume that would be following a different case.

421What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 28 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:16 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:Just finished Making a murderer on Netflix.
Fascinating documentary. I typed Steven on google and the first thing that came out was Steven Avery. Didn't know it was this popular.

Highly recommended. It's a thriller movie in real life and it spans 30 years.

The thing about documentaries is that whoever makes it controls what they show you:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/making-a-murderer-burning-questions-answered#.ht2lV4x5v

One of the chief critiques of the series from those with intimate knowledge of the case is that the filmmakers gloss over some of the less savory aspects of Avery’s criminal past in order to make him a more sympathetic figure. For example, the first episode briefly discusses an incident where 20-year-old Avery pleaded guilty to harming an animal. In the series, Avery is heard saying, “We were fooling around with the cat and I don’t know, they were kind of negging it on and I tossed him over the fire and he lit up. I was young and stupid.” In reality, Avery and another man pleaded no contest to pouring gasoline and oil on Avery’s cat and throwing it into a fire.

Just watched the first couple episodes of Making A Murderer.  So they're just getting to the Murder part...but man, that rape conviction was about corrupt and faulty as you can get.  

The cat incident, while a little bit relevant, really has very little to do with the murder.

We're on the fifth episode. It breaks my heart when his mom or young Brendan talk about what's going on. Man...what happened to these people shouldn't be allowed to happen to anyone ever.

And the cat thing is awful, but c'mon. That's something that was dealt with in the courts (according to the quote above). You don't repeatedly attack someone using the legal system when they plead no contest to a completely different crime. That was dealt with and really has no bearing on anything else in the case, especially when it occurs decades later.

422What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 28 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:52 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I've only watched the first three episodes. One of the main pieces of evidence in the case against Steve Avery is the fact that the car of the victim was found in the car junkyard of their family business (they own a vehicle salvage company). They live on the same property of the junkyard.

So we're to believe that this guy kills this woman, and then parks her car in his junkyard? I know the guy isn't the brightest, but who would murder someone and then leave the victim's car on their property? And the keys to the car in their house? None of it makes any sense. Anyway, I look forward to the rest of the episodes.

423What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 28 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:35 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I definitely believe he did it but I will save the thoughts until after everybody is finished

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 52]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 40 ... 52  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum