GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Am I Watching Right now?

+13
spader
Hoags
Vandelay
TheAvatar
Ev
Flo The Action
NEELY
PTFlea
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
tim1_2
wprager
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 46 ... 52  Next

Go down  Message [Page 40 of 52]

586What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 40 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:26 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black) and Rami Malik (Mr Robot) both won their best lead Emmys last night.  Well deserved in both cases.  Loved it when Malik came up to the mike and said "Please tell me you are seeing this too" (that's the last line from the pilot episode).

What's up with Louie Anderson?  He's always been on the heavy side but he's not well.  Needed help to get up the stairs to the stage.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus accepted her award with a great speech then let out the news that her father passed away Friday.  Wow.  Gut-punch there.

587What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 40 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:52 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Anybody watch the Westworld pilot episode on HBO Sunday? I expected it to start slowly and it didn't disappoint. Ed Harris in essentially the Yul Brynner role, except that in his case he is not a robot ... or is he? They did not come right out and say so but this appears to be tied to the original movie, as they mentioned something that happened 30 years ago, and a bunch of older androids have been retired to some underground level which, according to some, looked a lot like the reception area from the original movie. This was pretty much why I haven't canceled HBO yet (probably should've canceled it after GoT ended and saved myself 4 months (or is it 5?).

588What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 40 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:30 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Anybody watch the Westworld pilot episode on HBO Sunday?  I expected it to start slowly and it didn't disappoint.  Ed Harris in essentially the Yul Brynner role, except that in his case he is not a robot ... or is he?  They did not come right out and say so but this appears to be tied to the original movie, as they mentioned something that happened 30 years ago, and a bunch of older androids have been retired to some underground level which, according to some, looked a lot like the reception area from the original movie.  This was pretty much why I haven't canceled HBO yet (probably should've canceled it after GoT ended and saved  myself 4 months (or is it 5?).  

Yeah, I watched it. It was great. I had never heard of the original movie so didn't have any real expectations about what I was getting myself into. The sky's the limit for this show...great case and seemingly great writing so far. Tons of room for the story to grow. I really, really thought it was awesome.

589What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 40 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So, do you think Ed Harris is human as we've been led to believe or do you buy the theory that he is a rogue android? The gun didn't work against him but my theory on that is there are no bullets in the guns. On the surface it looks like the gun is engineered not to fire on a human, but humans can easily get hit with stray bullets and ricochets, so that's not enough. What if the gun simply goes "bang" and then the androids have built-in "squibs". So if an android figured out how to disable his squibs he'd be immune to gunfire.

Or whatever makes androids and humans different w.r.t. the guns not firing on humans, he could have altered his appearance to match.

Anyhow, in the original movie the big-bad was Yul Brynner, playing a cowboy dressed all in black, so Ed Harris is definitely playing that character. So Ed Harris being an android could be a little too obvious.

What about Anthony Hopkins being an android?

590What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 40 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm watching steins gate. I doubt many here watch anime, but you never know. I just started getting into it - well, a couple of weeks ago.
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1910272/

591What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 40 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:57 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I have a friend at work who watches so much anime (with his sons as well) that they can now watch without subtitles. That's a lot of anime. But in Japan anime is like soap-operas, they run 5 times a week, 52 weeks a year. So that's a lot of anime.

592What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 40 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I have a friend at work who watches so much anime (with his sons as well) that they can now watch without subtitles.  That's a lot of anime.  But in Japan anime is like soap-operas, they run 5 times a week, 52 weeks a year.  So that's a lot of anime.

I plan to be way more selective. Only high rated ones.

593What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 40 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:14 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You'll never learn Japanese that way Smile

594What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 40 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:17 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, up to episode 5 of Attack on Titan. Amazing.

595What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 40 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:56 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:Wow, up to episode 5 of Attack on Titan.  Amazing.

All my kids are in love with that show. They can't wait for the next season -- apparently coming out soon.

596What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 40 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:44 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I was making a joke in my reply to @NHL_Boss about Gillian Anderson being involved with a "shady grey guy" and not a half hour later I see The Fall S03E01 being re-played on Bravo. I don't know how I missed it, but I missed it. It was on last week and they re-played it on Saturday. By the time I noticed it was already 20 minutes in. Nothing doing on-demand. Had to use "magic". Haven't watched it yet, still trying to figure out how to get it from my phone to my chromecast (before I was using plex on the desktop but for some reason it's telling me that plex server -- and all the trans-coding it does -- cannot run on my phone; it probably has more CPU power than my desktop but whatever).

Is there a free app that will transcode and stream content to the ChromeCast? With subtitles from a .srt file. Or maybe the ChromeCast has had its day and I should be looking for something newer?

597What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 40 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

All my kids are in love with that show.  They can't wait for the next season -- apparently coming out soon.

It's pretty spectacular - and violent.

598What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 40 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:32 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:

All my kids are in love with that show.  They can't wait for the next season -- apparently coming out soon.

I was a little concerned when the boys got the girls to start watching. This was last year, they were 12 going on 13. Now the girls have convinced my wife to watch one episode. I know my wife. I don't think this will end as well as the girls hope. She did not like Animatrix. She was not a fan of Kill Bill. I'm surprised she likes GoT, to be honest, but I won't complain.

599What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 40 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:00 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:So, do you think Ed Harris is human as we've been led to believe or do you buy the theory that he is a rogue android?  The gun didn't work against him but my theory on that is there are no bullets in the guns.  On the surface it looks like the gun is engineered not to fire on a human, but humans can easily get hit with stray bullets and ricochets, so that's not enough.  What if the gun simply goes "bang" and then the androids have built-in "squibs".  So if an android figured out how to disable his squibs he'd be immune to gunfire.

Or whatever makes androids and humans different w.r.t. the guns not firing on humans, he could have altered his appearance to match.

Anyhow, in the original movie the big-bad was Yul Brynner, playing a cowboy dressed all in black, so Ed Harris is definitely playing that character.  So Ed Harris being an android could be a little too obvious.

What about Anthony Hopkins being an android?

Yeah, both guys could in theory be androids. There will no doubt be some "surprise" like that revealed by the end of this season. Also, the executive chick that Bernard is boning could be an android too.

I am really enjoying the show. Seeing different ways that glitches can occur is pretty funny...in the most recent episode, a group of cowboys get stuck in a "loop" waiting for the wood chopper to put firewood in the fire to cook their dinner. The wood chopper android apparently glitched out and took off.

600What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 40 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:

I was a little concerned when the boys got the girls to start watching.  This was last year, they were 12 going on 13.  Now the girls have convinced my wife to watch one episode.  I know my wife.  I don't think this will end as well as the girls hope.  She did not like Animatrix.  She was not a fan of Kill Bill.  I'm surprised she likes GoT, to be honest, but I won't complain.

100% not gonna end well at all.

601What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 40 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:43 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Can't get into Attack of the Titan. Not interested in the characters. I miss Naruto.

602What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 40 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeCaptain wrote:Can't get into Attack of the Titan. Not interested in the characters. I miss Naruto.

Really? ?  How many episodes have you watched?  I'm very surprised to hear that.  The girl is awesome, mikado, spectacular stuff.

603What Am I Watching Right now? - Page 40 Empty Re: What Am I Watching Right now? Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:37 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Everyone stop what you're doing and go watch Letterkenny. It's too funny.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 40 of 52]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 46 ... 52  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum