GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Sens @ Blue Jackets, Tuesday, Oct 28, 7:00 PM

+8
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
wprager
Ev
NEELY
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 12]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Could have, decision may have been made 2 weeks ago. Again though, Lehner's last 2 performances and all 4 starts this year for the most part of been all world. Guy hasn't lost in regulation yet, plans change. I might be wasting my breath here and i have a very clear bias towards Lehner but this is what happened last year as well, not sure they will let Lehner sit after a game like that.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Michallica wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Exactly. Anderson hasn't given up a softy like Lehner did last night.

Too far.  I consider getting beat on wrap-arounds consistently quite weak.

Nah, our soft D is at fault for giving up those quality wrap-around chances.

Was on Zibanejad last game against the Hawks, not the D but fact is Anderson does get beat like that a lot. He bites early and anticipates which makes him both successful and vulnerable if the play keeps going.

He's been beaten by that a handful of times in the past two years, not "a lot". Also, he takes away the initial scoring opportunity, the defence should clean up after. He doesn't let too many softies in like Lehner did last night on the BJs first goal.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Could have, decision may have been made 2 weeks ago.  Again though, Lehner's last 2 performances and all 4 starts this year for the most part of been all world.  Guy hasn't lost in regulation yet, plans change.  I might be wasting my breath here and i have a very clear bias towards Lehner but this is what happened last year as well, not sure they will let Lehner sit after a game like that.

Dude I love Lehner. But they didn't re-sign Anderson to sit him against the top teams.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Not sure that's 100% the case, part of it for sure but I think everyone knows Lehner is going to get a legit shot at taking the job this year. That contract for Anderson was just as much for Anderson as it was for the Sens, maybe more so. It guarantees him another 3 years in the league being paid well, doesn't matter what team he might end up on.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Andersen is up there too though.

Carey Price is easily the best goalie in the NHL right now. Gibson also gets shutouts in Anaheim so I would say the goalies get tons of help from the team.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Anaheim is the best team in the NHL in my opinion. Price has had some off nights but he's probably the best goaltender, year to year in the NHL right now with Lundqvist, Quick, and Rinne.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Anaheim, Chicago and la are the best. Not sure about Anaheim long term this year though.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:Savard took a perfect shot... low blocker like that is tough to stop.  Hell high blocker is tough to stop.

Lehner was out of position.  But he sure played well the rest of the way.

Yeah, Lehner went to far too his left.  But he more than made up for it later.  Did he get an assist on Karlsson's winner?  

Big difference between Lehner and Anderson is I'm not afraid of Lehner gets run.  Pretty sure one of those crashes would have knocked Anderson out of the game.  By the way, what's happened with protecting the goalie and blowing the friggin whistle on all that tin-crease contact?  They were running Lehner pretty good last night (Folignp's influence?)

Last edited by wprager on Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Boroweicki is not sitting.

He may be laying down, though. He was not in the same place as the rest of the team after that hit.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeCaptain wrote:Not sure what's the PP % but it looks way better without Spezza. No one to slow it down.

Our special teams are pretty pathetic. We knew the PP would suffer without Spezza, but I'm really surprised the PK is struggling as much as out has, especially with the great goaltending we've been getting.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:
Michallica wrote:that hartnell save was more on hartnell not being able to roof the puck, so I tend to agree with cbj folks that he shot it into lehner.  lucked out big time there.

that sequence though where they kept losing the faceoffs and lehner kept gloving down the puck was scary.  whatever, take the win and run with it.  

We were bloody awful at faceoffs last night - and have been this year as a whole.

23rd in the league. Woof!

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:Not sure what's the PP % but it looks way better without Spezza. No one to slow it down.

Our special teams are pretty pathetic. We knew the PP would suffer without Spezza, but I'm really surprised the PK is struggling as much as out has, especially with the great goaltending we've been getting.

Um what? the PP is 14th right now, was 21st last year. And it def looks better without Spezza, the puck moves way faster.
PK is 18th now, was 22nd last year.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I think the PP has actually looked OK. They've been posessing and moving the puck fairly well, just haven't capitalized quite as much as I would like...it'll come.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

With the most dynamic defenseman in the league on the back end and some great shooters up front I can hope for better than 14th. Last year Karlsson was at 70% according to his own assessment. The 14th place is also a little flattering because we scored 4 in the last 3 games. We were not that god earlier.

Dallas went from 23rd to 5th. Not saying I want him back but we knew this would happen.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:With the most dynamic defenseman in the league on the back end and some great shooters up front I can hope for better than 14th. Last year Karlsson was at 70% according to his own assessment. The 14th place is also a little flattering because we scored 4 in the last 3 games. We were not that god earlier.

Dallas went from 23rd to 5th. Not saying I want him back but we knew this would happen.

So let's not get too worried about the ranking at this point in time and worry about how it has actually looked...and it's looked pretty good. As you say, they've scored 4 PP goals in the last 3 games, so it's starting to click. There's some new guys on the PP, and it'll take some time to start really clicking...but it's actually looked pretty good.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Whenever the PP works best it seems "Mac" tries something different.

What a fool.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:
Big difference between Lehner and Anderson is I'm not afraid of Lehner gets run.  

Did I jinx him?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hammond recalled on an emergency basis to back up Anderson. Lehner out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum