GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Sens @ Blue Jackets, Tuesday, Oct 28, 7:00 PM

+8
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
wprager
Ev
NEELY
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 12]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Sens beat the BJs in their first matchup this year. The BJs are 4-4-0.

Robin Lehner is getting the start in goal. Jared Cowen will likely play in place of Wiercioch.

Curtis McElhinney gets the start for the BJs, as Bobrovsky has a broken finger.

The game is on TSN5 at 7pm.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/game/ottawa-senators-columbus-blue-jackets-20141028/Preview

Last edited by tim1_2 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:11 am; edited 2 times in total

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nice to see Lehner finally get a shot.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm guessing Cowen will be in the lineup for Wiercioch. Not sure about the forwards at this point....

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big game. Need these 2 points pretty badly with Boston and Chicago coming up.

Sens need to avoid being forced to the perimeters like Chicago did to them. Drive the net, take a Dman with you and get some shots.

Also...didn't realize Lehner was married, lt alone about to have a baby.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Is tonight the night Lehner steals the #1? Maybe!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Is tonight the night Lehner steals the #1? Maybe!

I think it will have to be more of a case of Anderson losing the #1 job. He's been playing quite well, and unless that changes, I still see him (rightly or wrongly) getting more starts.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Is tonight the night Lehner steals the #1?  Maybe!

No, no matter how he fares, Anderson is starting again on Thursday.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Both guys have been as solid as anyone can hope to this point. I still think Lehner has the reigns a lot sooner than people may expect based on his play. Even when he's off he's saving 30 plus shots a night right now.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Is tonight the night Lehner steals the #1?  Maybe!

A little early for that. It's not like The Gregger has faltered in any way at this point. But, with "Mac" running things, who knows.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, our goaltending has been a strength. Didn't expect us to struggle scoring as much as we have though.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

P-Mac has always referred to Craig "The Gregger" "Mr." Anderson as "the one"...er, I mean the starting goalie.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispensed wrote:Yeah, our goaltending has been a strength.  Didn't expect us to struggle scoring as much as we have though.  

Everyone knew that winning/losing games 2-1 and 3-2 was going to be the norm.  Hopefully some of the younger guys can start putting the puck in the net though... Stone, Hoffman, Zibanejad, they have a combined 2 goals between all 3 of them and that's where they are struggling right now, production from the Bingo kids.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Yeah, our goaltending has been a strength.  Didn't expect us to struggle scoring as much as we have though.  

That's what tends to happen when you choose to be "patient" with players that aren't working out in certain situations. Winning gives you the luxury of continuing to do so and hope that it works eventually, I guess.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer

Sergei Bobrovsky headed to IR (fractured finger suffered in practice yesterday). Curtis McElhinney starts tonight for #CBJ.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lol we've getting all the goalie breaks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 12]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum