GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Sens @ Blue Jackets, Tuesday, Oct 28, 7:00 PM

+8
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
wprager
Ev
NEELY
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 12]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Yeah, our goaltending has been a strength.  Didn't expect us to struggle scoring as much as we have though.  

That's what tends to happen when you choose to be "patient" with players that aren't working out in certain situations. Winning gives you the luxury of continuing to do so and hope that it works eventually, I guess.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer

Sergei Bobrovsky headed to IR (fractured finger suffered in practice yesterday). Curtis McElhinney starts tonight for #CBJ.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lol we've getting all the goalie breaks

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer

Sergei Bobrovsky headed to IR (fractured finger suffered in practice yesterday). Curtis McElhinney starts tonight for #CBJ.

This is good news for our Senatores. I think Foligno and Atkinson might be out for the BJs tonight too.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Yeah, our goaltending has been a strength.  Didn't expect us to struggle scoring as much as we have though.  

Everyone knew that winning/losing games 2-1 and 3-2 was going to be the norm.  Hopefully some of the younger guys can start putting the puck in the net though... Stone, Hoffman, Zibanejad, they have a combined 2 goals between all 3 of them and that's where they are struggling right now, production from the Bingo kids.

I'm a little surprised at our lack of scoring. We were pretty solid last year at scoring, we just couldn't keep the puck out. Does Spezza make that much of a difference? I guess so.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispensed wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Everyone knew that winning/losing games 2-1 and 3-2 was going to be the norm.  Hopefully some of the younger guys can start putting the puck in the net though... Stone, Hoffman, Zibanejad, they have a combined 2 goals between all 3 of them and that's where they are struggling right now, production from the Bingo kids.

I'm a little surprised at our lack of scoring.  We were pretty solid last year at scoring, we just couldn't keep the puck out.  Does Spezza make that much of a difference?  I guess so.

Not really... Sens would be down by 1 or 2 early in almost every game last year, teams loosen up at that point. Sens are now in tight checking games every single night so that effects things as well.

The 3 guys I mentioned need to start scoring a little more, simple as that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's all about Zibby right now. Michalek - playing well, Legwand, playing pretty well, Chiasson is a beast, Ryan is a threat. Hoffman has been really good IMO. Stone and Zibby, but mostly Zibby. GOTTA get him going.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Zibanejad needs to start scoring, no question.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Big game.  Need these 2 points pretty badly with Boston and Chicago coming up.

Sens need to avoid being forced to the perimeters like Chicago did to them.  Drive the net, take a Dman with you and knock the backup out of the game.

Also...didn't realize Lehner was married, lt alone about to have a baby.

FYP Wink Although maybe we should try to keep Curtis in the game; that double-back-up was pretty good last time.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Foligno should be out as he was stretchered off in the last game. Some said they believe he was knocked unconscious. They are missing their Vezina-winning goalie, Dubinsky, Horton, Jenner and Atkinson, now, is also doubtful. So their makeshift fist line of Foligno and Atkinson centered by Johanssen is now just Johanssen. Who missed camp, so would not be surprised if he cools off at some point, of not outright hit a wall.

Oh, and this is their first home game after a road trip that started in Ottawa and then ended with games against the three California teams.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They've given up 16 goals in their last 4 games. Watch them get a shutout against the Sens. We're so getting :rp:

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Foligno didn't skate this morning so he's not expected to play.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Optional skate, lots of players not there, including Lehner. I guess some were speculating if he was called back to be with his pregnant SO?

Lehner est dans les gradins avec son père, il n'a donc pas été rappelé au chevet de sa conjointe enceinte

Rest easy, he's still there.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

If sens don't win this game....

Burning Car

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, I'd say with Chicago and Boston coming up, this is a must.

Diddle you Darling BTW, I hope Chicago plays him again. I'd like to see the Sens get pissed off and score a few on him.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Apparently Atkinson says he's ready to go. This was four days ago:

And this is the selfie he took:

GAME DAY: Sens @ Blue Jackets, Tuesday, Oct 28, 7:00 PM - Page 2 B0z-MuJIIAAaoA5

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wiercioch, Greening and Hoffman the scratches. Hoffman scored the winner the last time they met.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Boo! I want Hoffman in there, he has an element of speed we need.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum