GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day: Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET, Thurs. Nov. 7th, 2013

+11
NEELY
Hoags
shabbs
PTFlea
wprager
Ev
SensHulk
spader
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 13]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Watson will do no such thing. They just built a new ramp for OC transpo to help aid in traffic congestion on the 417. Not sure how much it's helped, haven't been to a game this season

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:The arena is too big man... 20,000 plus seats in Ottawa is stupid.  Toronto has 18,000.  There is limited demand but unlimited supply, that's their own fault.
They should be kissing Watson's Donkey to extend the LTR to the arena as soon as possible.  That would get some people in who don't want to inhale exhause fumes on the Queensway before and after the game.

And yeah the arena is too big.
Jim Watson is proposing the World's Longest Footbridge to connect CTC with some place.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Wasn't too big when when we had no problems selling out
I'm excited for the changes melnyk wants to make i.e. remove alot of the boxes and replace them with party zones like in tampa bay.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

You keep demand high even if it means people not being able to attend some games. It's stupid economics and that's probably a reason Melnyk is broke.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Melnyk didn't build the arena.

Like Michallica said, they will be getting rid of the boxes so that's good

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:Watson will do no such thing.  They just built a new ramp for OC transpo to help aid in traffic congestion on the 417.  Not sure how much it's helped, haven't been to a game this season
It's the same, lol.

Parking is also now $16.00... almost the price of the cheapest ticket. They are just killing themselves to be honest.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Melnyk didn't build the arena.

Melnyk 100% added seats. It's wasn't built at 20,500.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:

Melnyk 100% added seats.  It's wasn't built at 20,500.
Right now it is 19,153.

Pretty normal seating, and the ACC actually has that many for Raptors.

You take out the boxes and we'll be back at 18,800 or something.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

The arena should be 17,500-18,000, that's it. Either way it's not going to change.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Not much banter on tonight's EPIC matchup!  What gives, GMHockey?  Everyone still holed up in bunkers?  You should've hooked up wifi, like I did in the Diefenbunker!
We are trying to stay classy and show rispeck.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

It was better before at 18.500. Then they added more seats to make it 19,153 (after melnyk). And then they added standing room. Probably will come back down.

As for parking, wow $16 is a friggin' joke. good thing I just park in the palladium auto parc. 5-10 mins walking is worth paying $0.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Michallica wrote:Watson will do no such thing.  They just built a new ramp for OC transpo to help aid in traffic congestion on the 417.  Not sure how much it's helped, haven't been to a game this season
It's the same, lol.

Parking is also now $16.00... almost the price of the cheapest ticket.  They are just killing themselves to be honest.
Ramp's not there yet, pretty sure.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Back then it was only 18,500.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
It's the same, lol.

Parking is also now $16.00... almost the price of the cheapest ticket.  They are just killing themselves to be honest.
I thought it was.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What's really helped is only getting 15,000 out to a game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The arena was build with capacity of 18,500. It was Melnyk who applied to raise the capacity.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
It's the same, lol.

I thought it was.

OH, well I was there before the 15th I think.

Maybe it just takes time.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
It's the same, lol.

Trying to incent people to carpool, walk or use public transit.

Park at the park and ride and take a bus -- saves $10 over the price of parking, plus no gas wasted.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum