GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens - 7:00pm ET - Wed, Mar 13, 2013

+10
Hoags
Ev
PTFlea
SensHulk
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
wprager
NEELY
shabbs
tim1_2
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big game against the top team in the East. Montreal's offense has scored 23 goals more than ours so far, but we've got the best GAA in the league.

Ben Bishop Lehner will start, likely against Carey Price.

Kassian will not be in the lineup for the Sens. I'm also guessing Michalek doesn't play.

Hopefully Latendresse can carry some momentum into tonight's game and pot a couple goals in familiar territory. Turris and Smith should also hopefully continue their strong play of late.

It's a 7pm start tonight, and the game is on TSN/RDS.

Lines:

Latendresse - Smith - The Alfie
Greening - Turris - Silf
Daugavins - Zinbanejad - Neil
Condra - O'Brien - Stone

Methot-Gonchar
Gryba-Benoit
Phillips-Wiercioch

Last edited by tim1_2 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, Michalek not expected to play today. Would be nice to see Latendresse and Turris continue scoring. Big night for Habs-Killah Alfie? Let's hope so. Gonna be a tough one.

GO SENS GO!!!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Jets are another 2 points closer to the Sens in the standings now so a win would go a long way tonight, even a point. Hopefully the come out strong and get the early jump. Montreal is due for a downer.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Jets are another 2 points closer to the Sens in the standings now so a win would go a long way tonight, even a point. Hopefully the come out strong and get the early jump. Montreal is due for a downer.

Funny thing is, over the last 10 games the Sens are 5-2-3 (13 points) and the Jets are 6-3-1 (13 points). So Winnipeg's improved play of late has brought them 0 points closer to us over a stretch of 10 games. If we can hold them off in a similar manner over the next 10, we should have Spezza, Michalek and Anderson back.

Winnipeg has an interesting schedule coming up. First they play three teams they are chasing (starting with the Rangers, tomorrow, then the Leafs and Sens). Then the play Boston, before starting a string of what can only be considered as easy games: Washington x 2 (two home games against the same team on consecutive nights -- what's this, MLB?), Tampa, Carolina.

Don't know about you, but I'm rooting for the Rags and Leafs.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Can never root for the Leafs. All I hope for in those games is that they aren't of the 3-point variety.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Can never root for the Leafs. All I hope for in those games is that they aren't of the 3-point variety.

I can, wanted them to win in a big way last night. A win would have kept Toronto in 5th, Ottawa in 6th, and Winnipeg wouldn't have gained any ground. I can root for any team in the world if it suites the Sens best interest. That said, Toronto losing is always nice as well... win/win last night.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Jets are another 2 points closer to the Sens in the standings now so a win would go a long way tonight, even a point. Hopefully the come out strong and get the early jump. Montreal is due for a downer.

Funny thing is, over the last 10 games the Sens are 5-2-3 (13 points) and the Jets are 6-3-1 (13 points). So Winnipeg's improved play of late has brought them 0 points closer to us over a stretch of 10 games. If we can hold them off in a similar manner over the next 10, we should have Spezza, Michalek and Anderson back.

Winnipeg has an interesting schedule coming up. First they play three teams they are chasing (starting with the Rangers, tomorrow, then the Leafs and Sens). Then the play Boston, before starting a string of what can only be considered as easy games: Washington x 2 (two home games against the same team on consecutive nights -- what's this, MLB?), Tampa, Carolina.

Don't know about you, but I'm rooting for the Rags and Leafs.

I'm rooting for whatever team helps the Sens out, simple as that.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Yeah, Michalek not expected to play today. Would be nice to see Latendresse and Turris continue scoring. Big night for Habs-Killah Alfie? Let's hope so. Gonna be a tough one.

GO SENS GO!!!

SOLD!!!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Updated the first post with the lines from practice this morning:

Latendresse - Smith - The Alfie
Greening - Turris - Silf
Daugavins - Zinbanejad - Neil
Condra - O'Brien - Stone

Methot-Gonchar
Gryba-Benoit
Phillips-Wiercioch

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lehner was the first one off the ice...so maybe he starts??

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Can never root for the Leafs. All I hope for in those games is that they aren't of the 3-point variety.

I can, wanted them to win in a big way last night. A win would have kept Toronto in 5th, Ottawa in 6th, and Winnipeg wouldn't have gained any ground. I can root for any team in the world if it suites the Sens best interest. That said, Toronto losing is always nice as well... win/win last night.

Pretty much.
Although a Montreal loss is always nice

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, Lehner gets the start. Regin a scratach again. Basically no changes from last game.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Lehner shutting out the Habs would be like a dream

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

LeKing wrote:Lehner shutting out the Habs would be like a dream
Make. It. So.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Probably to mislead Montreal who have probably watched countless videos of Bishop since the last loss.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum