GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Mon. Feb. 25th, 2013

+11
Bramlet07
SensHulk
PTFlea
Hoags
wprager
Flo The Action
tim1_2
NEELY
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 15]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Please win, quintuplicate...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SOLD!!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

shabbs wrote:Please win, quintuplicate...
SeawaySensFan wrote:SOLD!!!
Crown. Royal. On. Ice.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Destroy those Diddlers.
f les habs

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

f the habs

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Burning Car

NEELY

Mod
Mod

This game would just be gravy on top of everything else. If they can pull this one out then I don't even know what to say.

Lehner will start.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah. A win vs the Habs would be unbelievable.

Release THE LEHNER.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I scored some tickets to this game too!!!! Yeeeehaw! Let's Diddle the Dung out these Cussing dumb Donkey female parental unit diddlers!

I think Lehner starts.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GAME DAY: Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Mon. Feb. 25th, 2013 SbYtF

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kill, kill, KILL!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Habs are a strange team. The two games against the Rangers they combined for 17 shots in the first period. That's the sum total for both games. For both teams. What does that say about the Rangers? What does that say about the Habs? Certainly different from the 2nd period of last night's game. I was sitting there in utter amazement at the back-and-forth action alternating between thinking this was some of the best hockey I've ever seen and some of the worst.

I don't think the Habs are a boring kind of team, so were the Rangers dictating the flow? Or were the Habs playing that way to lull them into a sense of false security? Or was it just that Biron was in goal, and the game could have ended very differently otherwise?

Are the Hab still rolling or are they at the tail end of their streak, and winning games they should be losing?

The Sens are on a 4-game winning streak (tied with Chicago in that regard; Anaheim has won 5 in a row). Does that make Ottawa one of the hottest teams in the league? Despite two of those wins coming in the shootout?

Over their last 10 the Sens have grabbed 13 points. Only 8 teams have more points in their last 10 (none of them have been decimated with injuries). So, yes. the Sens are pretty hot but how much longer can they keep this up before the tank is empty? Getting Michalek back (and producing) would definitely help; getting Turris and Smith out of their droughts, too. And what of Regin and Latendresse -- with Spezza's injury is it fair to say both would have been expected to be in the top six?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

It'll be awfully for PMac to change the lineup that has won 4 straight. Michalek will slot back in and hopefully start scoring.

As long as Price plays like he can, Habs will be a threat in the east, not to mention Markov staying healthy. They sucked last year and we had all kinds of problems playing them.

Right now we're just keeping pace with the rest of the pack, very little separation

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:It'll be awfully for PMac to change the lineup that has won 4 straight. Michalek will slot back in and hopefully start scoring.

As long as Price plays like he can, Habs will be a threat in the east, not to mention Markov staying healthy. They sucked last year and we had all kinds of problems playing them.

Right now we're just keeping pace with the rest of the pack, very little separation

They sucked and we had problems playing them. But that was another team, under another coach with a different GM. Without Price they lost 5-1 -- that's not having any problems. We outplayed them. And with Lehner in there we can match them save for save in goal. Th really, really important thing is to stay out of the penalty box.

P.S. Markov has been very pedestrian since Subban got back into the lineup.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
P.S. Markov has been very pedestrian since Subban got back into the lineup.

Markov has an 18% shooting percentage which is way higher than anything he's ever done. I think it was higher earlier in the season as well. That's going to come down.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 15]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum