GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens - 7:00pm ET - Wed, Mar 13, 2013

+10
Hoags
Ev
PTFlea
SensHulk
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
wprager
NEELY
shabbs
tim1_2
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Lehner shutting out the Habs would be like a dream

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

LeKing wrote:Lehner shutting out the Habs would be like a dream
Make. It. So.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Probably to mislead Montreal who have probably watched countless videos of Bishop since the last loss.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Price confirmed for the Habs:

John Lu: "#Habs back end vs. Sens: Markov - Emelin; Gorges - Subban; Bouillon - Pateryn; Price starting"

https://twitter.com/JohnLuTSNMtl/statuses/311845715733258240

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

My guess is Regin will be traded pretty soon....

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

also, protect the Cussing lead! Two straight games now where they've blown a 2-0 lead.....

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:My guess is Regin will be traded pretty soon....

They might waiting for one more body to get back and then he's gone. Vancouver could use Regin right now to be honest.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Doubt it. He has value to us as a depth player, but virtually no value on the open market. We could recoup that 6th rounder we just gave up for Kassian.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:

Doubt it. He has value to us as a depth player, but virtually no value on the open market. We could recoup that 6th rounder we just gave up for Kassian.

Well once Spezza is back and Kassian is in the lineup or at least on the roster Regin's going to have a tough time getting into the lineup and they may have to move a body.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I guess he will. I thought Mac loved him and the style he played, but then he scratched him when we were struggling for offense (which Regin has provided none of). I would imagine his days here are numbered.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Paul MacLean doesn't even have a style. It's either you're good or you're not.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Other guys deserve a shot to prove their worth. Regin would seem like the kind of guy that would fit into this team and system like a glove but there have been no results. He's had 4 or 5 years to show he's more than a fringe NHLer and he hasn't done it consistently... not even close. Plus he's always hurt.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Paul MacLean doesn't even have a style. It's either you're good or you're not.

That a serious comment?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:Paul MacLean doesn't even have a style. It's either you're good or you're not.

That a serious comment?

He does, but I mean, Regin would fit it if he was actually good. Regin actually seems to be the 200 ft player they want but he just isn't good enough, that's the reason why he isn't playing.

I see MacLean's style as just play your game...he doesn't force guys to be something they aren't and the team is filled with all different kinds of guys, not just guys who fit a certain style.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:

That a serious comment?

He does, but I mean, Regin would fit it if he was actually good. Regin actually seems to be the 200 ft player they want but he just isn't good enough, that's the reason why he isn't playing.

I see MacLean's style as just play your game...he doesn't force guys to be something they aren't and the team is filled with all different kinds of guys, not just guys who fit a certain style.

That's exactly it for what ever reason people want to give. Good call.

MacLean has a system that every player does have to buy into. There are certain things on the ice that every player is expected to do, like you said, play 200 feet being an example of it. Yah, every player has their role and MacLean makes them understand that but there is a style they play and both as a team and individually.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:

He's got some value elsewhere. He's a free agent any ways, and I don't think murray wants him sitting on the bench doing nothing either when its clear his future in Ottawa is non-existant. Could trade him for a conditional pick or something (or even waive him). Either way, if NOW isn't the time to use regin, then it isn't any time. Plus they got too many bodies as it is.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hey, I'm in enemy territory. Decided to visit my folks -- they live in Ile Perot, which is off the actual Island of Montreal but still considered part of it. Anyhow, I wasn't planning on going anywhere, just sit around, but they decided to go shopping. And here I am wearing my heritage jersey. Almost got dinged by an idiot in a Habs jersey. I was making a right turn at a gas station just after the lights changed, and he was racing out of the gas station -- probably didn't realize the light just changed and he was going to have company. Good thing I saw him in time. If there had been an accident, that would have been something -- two guys, in opposing teams' jerseys, arguing over who had the right of way.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Next time you come in here, we should, with Flo, go to a Cage aux sports or something with our Sens gear. That would be delicious with a Sens win

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum