GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - THU. Apr. 7, 2011

+10
Riprock
The Silfer Server
SensHulk
shabbs
SDH89
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
tim1_2
spader
wprager
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY: Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - THU. Apr. 7, 2011

GAME DAY: Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - THU. Apr. 7, 2011 LargeGAME DAY: Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - THU. Apr. 7, 2011 AtGAME DAY: Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - THU. Apr. 7, 2011 Large

The Senators are headed for the playoffs!

Well, about a quarter of the current roster is headed for the playoffs, and they will be wearing a Senators jersey. Binghamton Senators, that is. Congratulations to Bingo!

The Ottawa Senators (31-39-10, 72 PTS) host the Montreal Canadiens (43-30-7, 93 PTS) Thursday night. The Habs are coming off an emotional overtime playoff-clinching victory at home against the defending Cup Champs. The Sens dismantled the powerhouse Flyers 5-2, dropping another draft position in the process. With just two games remaining Ottawa appears to be incapable of simply going quietly into the night; they are addicted to winning and will need help from the Islanders in order to sneak back into the top 4.

Game Coverage:

TV: RDS (HD)
    Radio: Team 1200
    Web: http://twitter.com/#!/search/senators%20canadiens
    Also check ATDHEnet.tv and JUSTIN.tv

Latest updates:

TSN's Ice Chips:

Ottawa
    Montreal

Ottawa Senators Key Injuries:

Daniel Alfredsson (back) remainder season
    Peter Regin (shoulder surgery) remainder of season
    Marek Svatos (concussion) remainder of season
    Erik Karlsson (thigh laceration) remainder of season
    Matt Carkner (arthroscopic knee surgery) remainder of season
    Sergei Gonchar (concussion) remainder of season
    Pascal Leclaire (broken)

Montreal Canadiens Key Injuries:

Andrei Markov (knee surgery) remainder of season
    Josh Gorges (knee surgery) remainder of season
    Jaroslav Spacek (arthroscopic knee surgery) may be ready to play
    Max Pacioretty (Chara) out indefinitely
    Alexandre Picard (foot) questionable
    Jeff Halpern (lower body) questionable

Game Day Previews:

NHL.com
    ESPN

Media Links:

SensTV On-line
    Official Twitter of the Ottawa Senators

Spread the word!

Follow GMHockey on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gmhockey

GO SENS GO!!!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ottawa Senators Key Injuries:

Daniel Alfredsson (back) remainder season
Peter Regin (shoulder surgery) remainder of season
Marek Svatos (concussion) remainder of season
Erik Karlsson (thigh laceration) remainder of season
Matt Carkner (arthroscopic knee surgery) remainder of season
Sergei Gonchar (concussion) remainder of season
Pascal Leclaire (broken)

Laugh1

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well this game could legitimately go either way. I hope Montreal wins for tank nation purposes, but also because a couple more points for them would go a long way to assuring that they meet Boston in the 1st round...although if I'm a Montreal fan, I'd probably rather see them match up against Philly.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

AccuScore has Montreal at 57% as the favorite. Exactly what that means, who knows. I'm not clicking that link to find out. (it's on the ESPN game day preview page)

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

GO ____ GO! Sarcasm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

If FLA and NYI aren't gonna do jack Dung, I hope we rape them.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:GO ____ GO! Sarcasm

We need FLA/NYI to win. Just not in the shootout. Then we can safely win in the shootout because those don't count toward the tie-breaker.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:

We need FLA/NYI to win. Just not in the shootout. Then we can safely win in the shootout because those don't count toward the tie-breaker.

Strike that. NYI (and FLA) have 4 SO wins, and we only have 2. Which means in the tie-breaker category we are actually 3 wins ahead of NYI (we have 31 wins, minus the 2 SO ones, they have 30 minus 4); FLA is one win behind NYI. So with 2 games left we cannot catch either of those two teams if we are tied in points.

I think there's an excellent chance we finish 5th. It's all up to the balls now.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:It's all up to the balls now.

Uhoh. The last time I left something up to balls, I wound up with a girl. I hope we don’t draft a girl.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
wprager wrote:

Strike that. NYI (and FLA) have 4 SO wins, and we only have 2. Which means in the tie-breaker category we are actually 3 wins ahead of NYI (we have 31 wins, minus the 2 SO ones, they have 30 minus 4); FLA is one win behind NYI. So with 2 games left we cannot catch either of those two teams if we are tied in points.

I think there's an excellent chance we finish 5th. It's all up to the balls now.

I still think there's a good chance the Isles win one of their 2 games, they're not as useless as the rest of the teams. For god sakes, just lose the last 2 - we've already gained enough "momentum" for next year fools.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SDH89 wrote:
wprager wrote:
wprager wrote:

I still think there's a good chance the Isles win one of their 2 games, they're not as useless as the rest of the teams. For god sakes, just lose the last 2 - we've already gained enough "momentum" for next year fools.

Maybe all the Bingo callups were partying hard last night, so we will have to play with 17 in the lineup. THat takes care of the Habs game. Can Bingo clinch something else tomorrow?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SDH89 wrote:
wprager wrote:
wprager wrote:

Maybe all the Bingo callups were partying hard last night, so we will have to play with 17 in the lineup. THat takes care of the Habs game. Can Bingo clinch something else tomorrow?

Just to add to that, Sens recalled Benoit, Hale, Condra, Greening, and Derek Smith for tonight's game.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lines tonight:

Greening-Spezza-Butler
Michalek-Shannon-Condra
Foligno-Z. Smith-Neil
Winchester-DaCosta-Lessard

Phillips-Lee
Kuba-Bemoit
D. Smith-Hale

Anderson

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Good move not to call back Weircioch. I think he was getting close to his 9 game limit.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:Good move not to call back Weircioch. I think he was getting close to his 9 game limit.
C'rect. He's played 8.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum