GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens - 7:30pmET - FRI Jan. 21 2011

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens - 7:30pmET - FRI Jan. 21 2011

+21
Hoags
Tuk Tuk
LeCaptain
wprager
asq2
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
22_4_ever
LethalLehner
Riprock
The Silfer Server
shabbs
TheAvatar
SensHulk
dennycrane
spader
PTFlea
Ev
Number Twenty Nine
tim1_2
SensGirl11
25 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 13]

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod


Working on it, discuss away!


GAME DAY:  Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens - 7:30pmET - FRI Jan. 21 2011 Medium vs GAME DAY:  Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens - 7:30pmET - FRI Jan. 21 2011 Medium
GAME DAY:  Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens - 7:30pmET - FRI Jan. 21 2011 821277 GAME DAY:  Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens - 7:30pmET - FRI Jan. 21 2011 489887

The Senators (17-24-7) will face the Montreal Canadiens (26-17-4) at Scotiabank Place tonight for a 7:30PM showdown. The Sens showed some life in last night's tilt against the Philadelphia Flyers, they brought their aggression to the game and threw some punches here and there. That and 2 goals was all they could muster against the top team in the league. It was a hard fought effort for the Sens but there wasn't enough in the tank to get the job done and Elliott was not at his best last night allowing 2 goals on the first 3 shots of the game.

Tonight Brodeur will get the nod in net for the Sens and Carey Price will start for the Habs. Elliott is in need of some serious rest right now, the blame cannot be placed on his shoulders, he's played a lot of late and he is not yet a proven number 1 goaltender in this league. Maybe Brodeur can add a little extra confidence for the boys if he can make some early saves.

The Habs are pretty beaten up right now they are without their top d-man Markov, Cammalleri is suffering from a separated shoulder and is now on the IR. Roman Hamrlik looks to be back in the lineup tonight.

Lineups
GAME DAY:  Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens - 7:30pmET - FRI Jan. 21 2011 Small



This is from Daily Faceoff - I will update it once I find the updated version with Kovalev & Regin in.

Michalek - Kelly - Alfredsson
Foligno - Fisher - Butler

Winchester - Smith - Neil
Ruutuu - Shannon - Carkner

Phillips - Karlsson
Gonchar - Lee
Kuba - Campoli


Brodeur
Elliott

Obviously that's all wrong...it was updated last night at 10pm. If someone has the updated one, you can replace this one here.


GAME DAY:  Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens - 7:30pmET - FRI Jan. 21 2011 Mon
Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Eller
Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Pouliot - Desharnais - Darche
Pyatt - Enqvist - Moen

Hamrlik - Wisniewski
Gill - Subban
Weber - Spacek



Price
Auld

TV:
WEB: http://freelivestreamfootball.com/2011/01/21/watch-free-montreal-canadiens-vs-ottawa-senators-live-stream-online-nhl-january-21-2011-1-21-2011/
Twitter:


[/center]



Last edited by SensGirl11 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:49 pm; edited 7 times in total

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Montreal should win, but you never know with Magical Mike in nets. Also, we're about due.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

We're only 48 games in. Let's wait 10 more games and then we'll see. No need to panic.........

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number Twenty Nine wrote:We're only 48 games in. Let's wait 10 more games and then we'll see. No need to panic.........

No, 34 more

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Don't go and win this now.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Elliott was not at his best last night allowing 2 goals on the first 3 shots of the game.
Elliott is in need of some serious rest right now, the blame cannot be placed on his shoulders, he's played a lot of late and he is not yet a proven number 1 goaltender in this league.

SensGirl, surely some of the blame belongs on his shoulders. He hasn't been unrested for the entire 10 game skid. He needs to make some of these saves.

Though I agree that he isn't a #1 in this league and is being asked to play like one. We did the same with Auld. That doesn't exonerate him though.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:

SensGirl, surely some of the blame belongs on his shoulders. He hasn't been unrested for the entire 10 game skid. He needs to make some of these saves.

Though I agree that he isn't a #1 in this league and is being asked to play like one. We did the same with Auld. That doesn't exonerate him though.

For sure, he deserves some blame big time. He's crapped the bed in his HUGE chance to claim the number one goalie job once and for all. He's let in horrendous goals at terrible times, been inconsistent, everything.

The only thing I can say is that he's got ZERO support from anyone on the Sens in terms of maybe scoring a goal for him and he's been close to ruined from this experience - which sucks (thanks Leclaire). He'll have to pull himself together and practice hard to try to get back into the groove.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I would rank Elliott somewhere around 31-45 out of the 60 NHL goalies. Like most goalies in that range, he is going to act as a mirror, playing well when the team in front of him is good and poorly when they are not.

He has been disappointing but he has received more blame from the fans/media than I believe he should.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

fuck the tank bus. I want a victory tonight against the bitch ass habs. We're already sucking, but it would warm my heart to help the habs lose a playoff spot and end up in 9th spot

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Did we find out who's sitting to make room for Kovalev and Regin? IT BETTER NOT BE BUTLER!!!!!!!!!!

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:fuck the tank bus. I want a victory tonight against the bitch ass habs. We're already sucking, but it would warm my heart to help the habs lose a playoff spot and end up in 9th spot


+999

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:Cuss the tank bus. I want a victory tonight against the Wing Dang Doodle Donkey habs. We're already sucking, but it would warm my heart to help the habs lose a playoff spot and end up in 9th spot

Agreed! There are only 2 teams that I do not want to lose against for the remainder of the season, the Habs & Leafs. I would love to ruin MOntreal's chances at a playoff spot and we get to play them on April 7th.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote:
Michallica wrote:Cuss the tank bus. I want a victory tonight against the Wing Dang Doodle Donkey habs. We're already sucking, but it would warm my heart to help the habs lose a playoff spot and end up in 9th spot

Agreed! There are only 2 teams that I do not want to lose against for the remainder of the season, the Habs & Leafs. I would love to ruin MOntreal's chances at a playoff spot and we get to play them on April 7th.

Love the editing, SG11 Dancing

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

dennycrane wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
Michallica wrote:Cuss the tank bus. I want a victory tonight against the Wing Dang Doodle Donkey habs. We're already sucking, but it would warm my heart to help the habs lose a playoff spot and end up in 9th spot

Agreed! There are only 2 teams that I do not want to lose against for the remainder of the season, the Habs & Leafs. I would love to ruin MOntreal's chances at a playoff spot and we get to play them on April 7th.

Love the editing, SG11 GAME DAY:  Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens - 7:30pmET - FRI Jan. 21 2011 649241

Are you making fun of me?! GAME DAY:  Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens - 7:30pmET - FRI Jan. 21 2011 159628 I can't fix it...it doesn't look great but what can you do? GAME DAY:  Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens - 7:30pmET - FRI Jan. 21 2011 270956

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How did that Cuss get through the filter Cuss?

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 13]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum