GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - THU. Apr. 7, 2011

+10
Riprock
The Silfer Server
SensHulk
shabbs
SDH89
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
tim1_2
spader
wprager
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:
Hoags wrote:
marakh wrote:
And DaCosta is gonna be a player...

He's got skill but he plays like he's the son of Kovalev out there. No drive just cherry picking at centre ice.

Well he is from France.

So, you mean he's truffle picking?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:nice to hear we've creamed them. i've been plastering my habs fans friends on facebook this morning. Dancing

it's good that i can be an Donkey from the other side of the world.

I don't know if we creamed them. 3-2 OT win with their backup in goal.

Mind you, killing off that 5 minute major was nice. Who would have thunk it, a year ago, that a defense anchored by Phillips and Lee, with Spezza and Shannon replacing Alfie, Kelly and Fisher, would be the best in the league?

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
I don't know if we creamed them. 3-2 OT win with their backup in goal.

Mind you, killing off that 5 minute major was nice. Who would have thunk it, a year ago, that a defense anchored by Phillips and Lee, with Spezza and Shannon replacing Alfie, Kelly and Fisher, would be the best in the league?

Credit to Carvel and Clouston ? With all the lineup changes and losing A-train we still have an effective PK.

Anderson is probably the biggest factor.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

They didn't have a shot on goal on that 5 min penalty last night, Anderson is there when they need him to be but the PK is 100% a credit towards Clouston. People can say Clouston doesn't deserve credit for a lot, the PK isn't one of them. They are the best PK team in the league since the changes up front were made and are actually in the top 10 overall after that awful 1st 1/2.

Full credit to Clouston.

Ottawa needs a 2nd line center pretty badly though. Da Costa might be that guy in a year or two but Ottawa needs big help there in the near future. Regin is about the only option left... Strome or Huberdeau may get that spot if that is who The Sens draft.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

The PK is Carvel, always has been, according to McGuire.
It has always been a great system, high pressure on the puck, but when your goalie struggles it's a bit risky.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That 5 min PK was impressive. Habs couldn't get anything going and the Sens just seemed to be in the right position the whole time to stiffle any attempt. They made smart plays to keep the puck away and suck the time down. It was something to watch for sure.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

When you don't think your goaltender can make a save, players do things they are not supposed to do out there and mistakes happen. You are 100% correct. Either way, someone deserves credit for that PK, not just Anderson as they give up very little in terms of shots on goal during their PK's.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
LOL his brother already bought is jersey

Yeah I saw that Laugh1 although my first though was he got a Volchenkov jersey on e-bay for cheap.

spader wrote:Derek Smith logged 7 shots on goal. Whaaa?

Derek Smith looks good out there, we could easily replace Kuba with him.

CBC called him Brian Lee a few times, can only see the '5' instead of '51' Laughing3

Butler's goal ... Gotta love Spezza's reaction Laugh1
very nice! and that's as close i get to games... Facepalm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:The PK is Carvel, always has been, according to McGuire.
It has always been a great system, high pressure on the puck, but when your goalie struggles it's a bit risky.

And this is how Carvel has retained his job over the years....our PK has always been good.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:When you don't think your goaltender can make a save, players do things they are not supposed to do out there and mistakes happen. You are 100% correct. Either way, someone deserves credit for that PK, not just Anderson as they give up very little in terms of shots on goal during their PK's.

Anderson has definately given them more confidence on the PK, I'd say it's a tossup between coaching and him as to who gets credit for the recent PK streak.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:When you don't think your goaltender can make a save, players do things they are not supposed to do out there and mistakes happen. You are 100% correct. Either way, someone deserves credit for that PK, not just Anderson as they give up very little in terms of shots on goal during their PK's.

Anderson has definately given them more confidence on the PK, I'd say it's a tossup between coaching and him as to who gets credit for the recent PK streak.

Getting rid of Fishlander turned this team around in just about every aspect. Just as I thought it would.

Vertigo

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Getting rid of Fishlander turned this team around in just about every aspect. Just as I thought it would.

He was done when we no longer needed anyone to take shots at Leclaire's head.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GAME DAY: Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - THU. Apr. 7, 2011 - Page 5 Smurfb

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Butler's goal was TSN's Highlight Of The Night.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Butler's goal was TSN's Highlight Of The Night.

Nice mix of grit and skill on that goal. Outstanding.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yep, it was a beauty. It was also nice to see some flashes of the Hal Gill I remember.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum