GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 16, 2010

+17
dennycrane
Hoags
asq2
Number Twenty Nine
PTFlea
Amnesia021
stempniaksen
TheAvatar
Hockeyhero22000
caissie_1
Ev
PKC
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
shabbs
wprager
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Predict the outcome

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 16, 2010 Vote_lcap257%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 16, 2010 Vote_rcap2 57% [ 4 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 16, 2010 Vote_lcap229%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 16, 2010 Vote_rcap2 29% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 16, 2010 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 16, 2010 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 16, 2010 Vote_lcap214%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 16, 2010 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 16, 2010

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 16, 2010 Large GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 16, 2010 AtGAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 16, 2010 Large

Questions will be answered -- like who is our #1

The Sens are coming off their first win of the season -- a 3-2 victory over the jet-lagged Carolina Hurricanes; a game which helped solidify our goaltending situation. It should be clear, now, that Brian Elliott, once again, will take over as the #1 from Pascale Mediclaire. The team has played well, now, in two straight games, including some signs of life from the top six (nice tic-tac-toe play from the top line and, of course, Fisher's two-goal performance). The Sens are riding a 4 game winning streak against the Habs (4 overall, as well as the last 4 games at the Bell Center). They will want to continue these streaks and to climb back into contention in the North East.

The Canadiens will be a little tired as they played Friday night; a game in which they handed the Buffalo Sabres their 4th straight loss (how about those Sabres -- 1 goal in the last two games). Montreal finds themselves 2nd in the Division, behind the early-season surprise team -- the 4-0 Leafs, and they are not going to want to give that up.

Game Coverage:
- TV: CBC (HD),RDS (HD)
- Radio: Team 1200
- Web: ATDHE.net, HNIC

Team Lineups :
DailyFaceoff.com links not updated -- note says it's at the top of their priorities list.

TSN's Ice Chips:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/

Ottawa Senators:
Robin Lehner will be called up to back up Brian Elliott (Spezza's brother Matt filled in at practice). Alfredsson did not skate but is expected to play.

Injuries:
Kuba (broken leg - 3 weeks)
Leclaire (groin - at least 1 week)

Montreal Canadiens:
Markov skated again with the team on Tuesday, and talk is he could return against Ottawa next Saturday.

Injuries:
Andrei Markov (right knee surgery - on IR at least one more week)

Game Day Preview:

ESPN Preview
NHL.com Preview

Media Links:
Official Twitter of the Ottawa Senators: http://twitter.com/NHL_Sens
Matt Carkner's latest blog: A good Step Forward
Players speak: Elliott, Foligno, Leclaire
Clouston: post-practice

Follow GMHockey on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gmhockey

GO SENS GO!!!

Last edited by wprager on Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GO SENS GO!!! Habs killah Alfie! Stomp those smurfs!!!

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 16, 2010 Smurf

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

so the habs won last night and they're playing back to back games.... i predict 4-2 win for the sens.

GO SENS GO Ahhhhh!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lehner officially recalled on an emergency basis:
http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=540730

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Will Price get back-to-back starts? Who goes for the Habs?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Price to start:

http://twitter.com/CanadiensMTL/status/27551419658

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anything less than a blowout victory for Ottawa should be grounds for a rebuild!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:Anything less than a blowout victory for Ottawa should be grounds for a rebuild!
Blowout or blow it up!

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Elliott get chased after 3 goals on 4 shots. Lehner comes in, show the Bell Centre something they haven't seen since Roy and the Sens score 5 unf*****answered goals.
1st star: Lehner
2nd star: Hal Gil
3rd star: Price for staying calm while being booed.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Elliott get chased after 3 goals on 4 shots. Lehner comes in, show the Bell Centre something they haven't seen since Roy and the Sens score 5 unf*****answered goals.
1st star: Lehner
2nd star: Hal Gil
3rd star: Price for staying calm while being booed.

This sounds realistic.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

3-2 Sens win in the SO.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I predict a big night for Kovalev in this fourth take at a home-coming ... ah, screw it. Why do I even bother trying anymore?

Here's Kovalev's record against his former Habs, playing in Montreal:

1st game, last October 17: 1G/1A + 1 in a 3-1 Ottawa win
2nd game, Jan 16: 0G/1A, even, in a 4-2 Ottawa win
3rd game, March 22, 0G/0A, even, in a 2-0 Ottawa win

Shot total in those three games: 5 (I guess his wrist really hurt)

Now, the good part is that we've won every time he's gone back to the Bell Center.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Anything less than a blowout victory for Ottawa should be grounds for a rebuild!
Blowout or blow it up!

Even catchier than "Win and you're in"!!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It must be said.

Chris Neil = WIN!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:It must be said.

Chris Neil = WIN!