GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day: Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET, Thurs. Nov. 7th, 2013

+11
NEELY
Hoags
shabbs
PTFlea
wprager
Ev
SensHulk
spader
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 13]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Sens 5-0-2 against the East.
Spezza +5 against the East. As Spezza goes, so do the Sens.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

WPrager why do you follow Curtis Lazar's 17-18 year-old girlfriend? Laugh1 

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:So? It's still our conference and division (unbeaten in the division). Toronto has played all these weak Donkey teams,. and we've played the best teams in the West and got them out of the way.
I believe the point is that we've beaten weak teams and been beaten by good teams.

You can watch the games yourself; the Sens are still not playing great hockey, other than the Turris line. Things are heading in the right direction though.

To quote you, you're just being challenged.

Last edited by tim1_2 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

NEELY

Mod
Mod

There is no forward near Spezza in terms of shift length, that's a great stat.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:So? It's still our conference and division (unbeaten in the division). Toronto has played all these weak Donkey teams,. and we've played the best teams in the West and got them out of the way.
I believe the point is that we've beaten weak teams and beaten by good teams.  

You can watch the games yourself; the Sens are still not playing great hockey, other than the Turris line.  Things are heading in the right direction though.

I disagree actually, I think the Smith line has been a great grinding line with Michalek providing some speed and decent chances (looks better than with Spezza).

Last time I checked, your best players play well and you'll win games. The Sens' best players have played well.

This isn't like the garbage Caps beating up on the SouthLeast and only scoring PP goals for the most part.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:There is no forward near Spezza in terms of shift length, that's a great stat.
For sure. "Mac" seems to be leaning hard on the Captain.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:WPrager why do you follow Curtis Lazar's 17-18 year-old girlfriend? Laugh1 
Follow here where?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

You can watch the games yourself; the Sens are still not playing great hockey, other than the Turris line.  Things are heading in the right direction though.

I disagree actually, I think the Smith line has been a great grinding line with Michalek providing some speed and decent chances (looks better than with Spezza).

Last time I checked, your best players play well and you'll win games. The Sens' best players have played well.

This isn't like the garbage Caps beating up on the SouthLeast and only scoring PP goals for the most part.
Are you telling me that the Sens have been playing well overall?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:There is no forward near Spezza in terms of shift length, that's a great stat.
For a second, there, I thought he wrote "shaft" and not "shift". Facepalm 

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Are you telling me that the Sens have been playing well overall?  
Over the last three games, yes. They have been inconsistent but most of their losses came against SJ, ANA, LA.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:WPrager why do you follow Curtis Lazar's 17-18 year-old girlfriend? Laugh1 
Follow here where?
Twitter.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Oh, that's what shift length tells you personally?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Follow here where?
Twitter.
I knew what you meant, you twit. I have no idea. Must have accidentally clicked on Follow. I went back to check who I follow and did some cleanup. I was following Eli Manning, for crying out loud -- I don't watch or follow football. I also unfollowed Alfie. He never had much to say anyway.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't blame you dude, she's decently hot.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Oh, that's what shift length tells you personally?
Could be getting hemmed in, could be that plays aren't dead as quick for that line too.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:They have been inconsistent but most of their losses came against SJ, ANA, LA.
I remember losses against the Laffs, Isles, Stars, and Oilers, but I'm glad you have selective memory.

Anyway, the team is getting better, but hasn't played well, on the whole, for the majority of this season so far. Lots of track ahead, hopefully they keep getting better - and I think they will.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Played well against Dallas, Edmonton, and Toronto.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Gave up 38 shots to Dallas and 42 to Toronto, lost both games, but you're right, we played fine against them.

Anyway, if you want to argue that the team has, overall, played well up to this point in the season, you're challenged and the conversation is over.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum